Search results

1. Mr. Brady

AX8 vs AxeFX 2 vs FM3 vs AxeFX 3

Great comparison. I closed my eyes and I couldn't hear any noticeable difference. When I got my Axfx II, I said I have everything I need to sound good, now the only thing I need to concern myself with is my playing and I haven't heard anything yet from the newer generation of AxFx's to convince...
  2. Mr. Brady

Squirrel comes back in spades in Helix 2.81 (Tweed Nrm)? LOL

I hear them. It's most evident on low gain settings with the amps over driven a little. It's an almost radio static like fizz that just sits behind the decaying notes kind of in the back ground. Once you hear it, you can't unhear it. I recall hearing this back on the AxFx Ultras and...
  3. Mr. Brady

Tweaking vs playing time?

Only 10 responses so I was interested to see if people really spend a good amount of their "normal play time" tweaking. I was guessing most would be 15 minutes or less, but yeah, the initial build of presets does take some time, still for me it's much less that play time on the device over all...
  4. Mr. Brady

Tweaking vs playing time?

Say you have a typical hour to sit down and play guitar. How much of that time is spent tweaking your set up? Since I'm asking this in the digital modeling section I'm going to ask specifically about the modelers you use. Once I get a preset built to how I like it, I'm rarely touching any...
  5. Mr. Brady

AITR via Modler and PA Speakers… YES!

I have Altos as well. I have one with my AxII and one for my AA3. I do not miss any thing about an amp in the room. I never got what all the AITR fuss was about, once I found an IR that I was happy with I was thrilled with the sound in the room. I also have a Bogner Shiva and 2x12 cab to...
  6. Mr. Brady

If i don't like the helix, will i also dislike the Atomic Amplifire?

If you don't like grilled chicken does it mean that you won't like fried chicken? Maybe you don't like chicken.
  7. Mr. Brady

Atomic sounds better than ever, believe the hype

Sounds great, I'm a huge Kornfield fan. It's what I use for 90% of my playing with the Atomic. It's very touch sensitive and really versatile from a dirty clean to a hard rock screaming leads.
  8. Mr. Brady

How can it be so massively different ?

I've had wildly varying luck with any downloaded presents or trying to match patches to get the same tone as the author. So much can vary depending on your gear and even playing style. Watch or analyze the patch and learn to use their tips and tweaks in their preset to be able to integrate...
  9. Mr. Brady

If you haven't played your modeler through a GUITAR cab; do yourself a favor. Water isn't wet.

I think earlier modelers benefited a ton from going through a tube power amp and guitar cab. I know with the AxFx Standard I had back in the day, this was the best way to run it. The problem is that you haven't gained much except some more tone flavors at your disposal and even those are...
  10. Mr. Brady

HX Stomp v Atomic Amplifire 6?

If you like Marshall tones like I do, you can't go wrong with an Atomic. I have the AA3 and an AxFx. Honestly, it's amazing the tones you can get in this little box. It's like taking a mini version of my AxFx. I'm a traditional Marshall tones guy with some reverb and delay and the AA3 is...
  11. Mr. Brady

My God! Gilmour’s Black Strat to be Auctioned

David was binge watching some Marie Kondo this new year. He's only keeping the guitars that "Spark Joy".
  12. Mr. Brady

Traded my Mark V 25 for an Axe FX 2 today. WOW!

I had a Mark IV. Could never get a consistent tone from it. It sounded just ok. Had to mess constantly with settings, changing one thing seemingly threw everything else off. Eventually ended up with my Bogner. Best amp I've ever had. It rarely gets turned on these days since I've had my AxII.
  13. Mr. Brady

Let's talk US Masters guitars.

I read that some of the ones in the later part of the line were later outsourced overseas. The US made ones seem well put together. The neck joint is certainly unique, I'd think it be hard to outsource the necks and bodies based on that alone.
  14. Mr. Brady

95% is maybe high, but I have played a few Suhrs and they are fantastic. Tone wise my main one is right there, I think the playability is probably more along the lines of a very good American strat, not quite on Surh level there. I’d take these over any production level American strat for sure...
  15. Mr. Brady

If you could buy a guitar that was 95% of the guitar you really liked for 1/3 the price would you? Oh, I do like variety and I suspect most guys here have more than one good guitar.
  16. Mr. Brady

I have a price list sheet with info on a bunch of the other models. They also made bass guitars. The Legrand and Vectors were priced at about $1500-$2000 depending on options. In some research back on some of the threads here, it appears they had some forum presence on TGP, but eventually went...
  17. Mr. Brady

I’m not sure how heavy the middle one is, I’d guess about 8 pounds, not the lightest, but not the heaviest either. The neck shape is pretty nice, nothing wild. The fret board is very thick.
  18. Mr. Brady

So I've always liked HSS strats and I'm a guy with Suhr tastes but on an tighter budget. I happened across a US Masters Legrand for sale here on the Emporium. I did some research and couldn't find much about them, but it looked like it had decent hardware but a unique neck pocket. I didn't find...
  19. Mr. Brady

Axe Fx Ultra/Std vs Amplifire core amp sounds

Take this for what it's worth from my memory of the Axe Standard long ago and as an owner of the Amplifier now. I like the Amplifier tones I have now better than the Axe Standard when I had it. I did not have the Ax at the last firmware and it did have many more amps. You'd likely be able to...
  20. Mr. Brady

AxFx in the room with Alto TS212

I really like them, for the money they are great bang for the buck. I would like to try a CLR someday. I’ve tried some other powered speakers but haven’t found a better alternative that’s not twice as much.
  21. Mr. Brady

AxFx in the room with Alto TS212

So this is my first venture into videos on Youtube. All the talk about the Amp in the room and how it's missing in FRFR, I get it but I'm hard pressed to not like this tone in the room with my lowly Alto. I just hit record with my iphone. So the sound quality isn't from a nice high end...
  22. Mr. Brady

What gen modeler changed it for you

The Line 6 POD XT was the first modeler that I thought sounded good enough for me to break into the modeling world. I really used the XT Live I had for a long time and that led to the POD HD. I also had the Axfx I Standard and while it sounded good, it didn't have the features or tones yet to...
  23. Mr. Brady

NGD, as in guitar, with a Helix twist

I did notice with my EJ, it sounds best with the tone rolled off a little bit. Wide open sounds way too bright. I think EJ set it up this way on purpose for a wider tonal range. Good luck to you, it's truly one of the best playing guitars I've had and I loved the neck. Trust me, I played...
  24. Mr. Brady

Did I get a crazy good deal on a Helix?

I'm sorry, you got ripped off man! Fortunately, I'm willing to give you $775 to take it off your hands. I'll even cover shipping.