Search results

1. M

Noise from Lights. How do you deal with it?

About six months ago my band had live video shot on a sound stage. I use tube amp's. As soon as the lights came on huge hum from my amp. I tried different power sources and ground lifts and nothing worked. It was a very bad day for me. Does anybody have a solid strategy and or fix for this...
  2. M

Mike Miller Tonight at The Baked Potato

Mike Miller Super All Stars Jimmy Earl...Super Bass Gary Novak...Super Drums Jeff Babko...Super Keys Mike Miller...Super Guitar http://www.thebakedpotato.com/Calendars/04Apr/april17.html See ya there.
  3. M

Looking for a supply of standard set of double ball 008's?

Looking for a supply of standard set of double ball 008's? 8-42 La Bella? D'Addario? anything? Thanks, Matt
  4. M

Allan Holdsworth Cali Dates

I'm going to the Del Monte show on the 4th for sure if anybody would like to meet up?
  5. M

The Question Should Be "who Will Save The Millennials From Their Terrible Taste Of Music And Drugs"?

The question should be "WHO WILL SAVE THE MILLENNIALS FROM THEIR TERRIBLE TASTE OF MUSIC AND DRUGS"? EDM has replaced The Beatles, Hendrix, Clapton, Queen, Led Zeplin, Yes, Coltrane, Davis, Dregs, Kansas etc.... Really? That's the best they can come up with? I live in Las Vegas and that...
  6. M

Carmine D'Amico

I studied with Carmine in the mid to late 70's when he lived in Flushing, Queens. He was a friend and colleague of my Dad's. I was just wondering if anybody else here studied with him? Thanks, Matt
  7. M

Did anybody here attend the Scott Henderson clinic in Las Vegas last week?

Did anybody here attend the Scott Henderson clinic in Las Vegas last week? Anybody want to discuss it? There was only around ten off us. I enjoyed it myself. Anybody here?
  8. M

Would like to know a few good music stores in LA

Hi, I'm going to see Jeff Beck next week at the Hollywood bowl so I'd like to check out a few current boutique type music stores. I'm mainly looking to try out some amps. Glasswerks, Suhr/CAA, Carol Ann, RedPlate etc... Maybe some Suhr guitars would be nice too. Thanks, Matt
  9. M

Bigsby's are to guitar's what The Borg is to humans.

Bigsby's are to guitar's what The Borg is to humans.
  10. M

Chameleon

Chameleon - Vid from a few years ago. LUqlm5Owv7g
  11. M

Live Improv from last week "First Friday"

Live Improv from last week "First Friday" I'm playing my old Carvin H2T through a friends rig. Please excuse the clams. https://soundcloud.com/nexusprivate/10-matt-zito-jam-1
  12. M

Mike Varney's Spotlight and Holdsy

Do you guys remember the days when Varney was doing his spotlight column and it seems like for many years almost every spotlight most every guitarist listed Allan Holdsworth as one of their influence's? It doesn't seem like he has the same popularity he achieved in the 80's. With the kind...
  13. M

Halloween Jam

I'm the guitarist on the far right with the zombi makeup I take the first solo grlVTQCFmQk&spfreload=10
  14. M

A Fusion band called Common Ground on one seems to know about

Anybody familiar with the band Common Ground with Eric Sayles and Dennis Chambers? Jazz Fusion content. Just curious to see if anybody besides myself knows about a long gone band from the 90's name Common Ground. They were from PA. They had two cd's the link's are two tune's from their...
  15. M

Anybody familiar with the band Common Ground with Eric Sayles and Dennis Chambers?

Jazz Fusion content. Just curious to see if anybody besides myself knows about a long gone band from the 90's name Common Ground. They were from PA. They had two cd's the link's are two tune's from their second. Eric Sayles is the guitarist and is on Facebook. Dennis Chambers on drums cd...
  16. M

Live Improve

Live Improve. I'm bummed that the other guitarist interuppted this jam just as we were grooving. https://soundcloud.com/nexusband-1/13-speaker-change-vamp?in=nexusband-1/sets/first-friday-september-5th
  17. M

A Benefit Show Santa Fe Chrome Show Room

A Benefit Show Santa Fe Chrome Show Room j2EWPQr8epQ&list=UUygO7LVfWjI_qo2vunUiCdg&index=3
  18. M

A friend made a video - Jon Jacquemoud plays a Marcus Miller Tune

A friend made a video - Jon Jacquemoud plays a Marcus Miller Tune dPMjCR6MUeI
  19. M

Any Toy Matinee/Kevin Gilbert fans here?

Any Toy Matinee/Kevin Gilbert fans here? Just curious if anyone here knows who he was? He died to young for sure.
  20. M

Music store etiquette.

I visited the new location for Cow Town Guitars yesterday. They sell vintage, new and used gear(amps, guitars, fx etc...) I have'nt been there for a couple years but I did once purchase a guitar there. They have a White 1961 Strat Hanging on the wall. It's the one that Vic Flic(I think...
  21. M

A friend took his guitar to GC for a setup and they SNAPPED OFF THE HEADSTOCK!!!

My buddy took an Ibanez Artcore to Guitar Center today and for a setup and they snapped the headstock. So he's getting a new guitar.
  22. M

Recommendations for a volume pedal?

My Ernie Ball Volume pedal passed away yesterday and I need a replacement. I realize I could probably get it repaired but prefer something new. I always place it in my fx loop. I'd prefer something no tone sucking. Thanks, Matt
  23. M

Break On Through

http://youtu.be/CrcjVEByLEo I'm the third guitarist from the left. First solo. Carvin H2T through Fender/Fuchs ODS Sounds like I might be using my Zendrive for the solo.
  24. M

Would like any recommendations for neck/set up in Las Vegas,NV

Would like any recommendations for neck/set up in Las Vegas,NV Someone that's very good that knows Trans-Trems. Thanks, Matt
  25. M

Fender Twin RI Footswitch replacement

Are there alternative pedals I can purchase that's a better buy then the $50 Fender Footswitch for a Fender Twin RI? It has the 1/4" stereo plug into the amp.