Search results

1. H

Sonic Crayon FX Antinautilus alternative?

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but only just now discovered the Anti-Nautilus !! The Clouds module from Mutable Instruments looks pretty interesting, but not sure about investing in a Euro-rack modular. As another alternative, has anyone considered or tried a phrase sampler like the Roland...
  2. H

Show Us Your Pedaltrain Mini Pt.3

Curious about this too - would the JP-02 fit under an older mini?
  3. H

Show Us Your Pedaltrain Mini Pt.3

Using this mostly for drones and noise:
  4. H

I love RING MODULATORS

Yeah me too. I don't know if they use one on this, but I thought maybe the second guitar has some on it, but who knows with these guys? Just wanted to post one of my favorites. xKCNF9Yo6ZA
  5. H

Delay pedals that run at 18V

Maxon AD-80, like this one: http://www.tcgakki.com/items04/tc047030.html
  6. H

Ditto Looper vs Freeze

Takes two pedals, but I use the "hold" setting on my DD-3 and loop that on a loop station - that seemed to work ok to create a drone - I expect this would also work with the ditto.
  7. H

Recommend me a reverb pedal...

I also have a Spring Theory and like the spring sound on it very much. It can emulate the reverb on my princeton reverb pretty good. And to me, it compares favorably to a stand-alone Kendrick reverb box (like your Fender) that I have that I got tired of lugging around (but keep at home). The...
  8. H

Malekko Vibrato issue/question

I had the same issue and emailed Malekko. The Malekko guys suggested to use some contact cleaner on the switch and that seemed to work, although sometimes I still have times when the signal won't pass. When that happens I spray some more contact cleaner and it seems to work. Maybe give the...
  9. H

Fairfield Circuitry: The Accountant Compressor

I was actually interested in the matrix mixer, and had been looking for one for a while, mainly for the modular synth and other table top noise experiments. Didn't want to invest in a Serge, so was looking for an alternative.
  10. H

Maxon / Ibanez AD-80 Effect Blend Knob

^ This is what I heard as well. Anyone aware of somebody who could do a fix/mod? Thanks.
  11. H

Boppy, thanks. Do you think contact cleaner would have the same impact as the naptha? Thanks again.
  12. H

Is it possible to modify the effect blend knob to get more range on it? On mine it seems to be all or nothing, and it's difficult to dial-in a more subtle effect (although possible with some difficulty). I think the delay sounds great, but just wishing for more range and control on the blend...
  13. H

Bearfoot PGC compared to AM compressors

Interested in the PGC but already have the AM Comprosser and Orange Juicer. Just wondering how much squash (for lack of a better word) the PGC can get compared to these two AM compressors. I really like the subtle things I hear on demos of the PGC, but was wondering how much "effect" is...
  14. H

Help me pick a DM-2 based delay

Get the adm600 - sounds pretty good on the demo and the price seems pretty good - might pick one up myself.
  15. H

My Two FAVORITE Delays....

Is it possible to remove the wood sides? I like them, but just trying to save space.
  16. H

Contacting Freakshow

Just wondering if anybody has had any recent email communication with this company. Calling is difficult as I am overseas. I sent a pedal for repair some time ago (nearly two years ago), and nothing has happened. Appeals to have the pedal returned to me without repair have gone unanswered...
  17. H

Is the boss dm-2 good?

I like the maxon ad-80 and prefer it to the DM-2. I think it is the difference between the 3005 (ad-80) and the 3205 (DM-2). I recently got a used ar20dl from the emporium which is also good - I prefer it to the 3205 DM-2. So maybe the key is to find a DM-2 with the 3005 in it if you want to...
  18. H

Wampler Faux Spring Reverb - Anything Better?

How about the Subdecay Spring Theory ?
  19. H

What Pedal Has Been On Your Board(s) The Longest??

Analogman Beano Boost Maxon AD-80
  20. H

Contacting Freakshow Effects

Just wondering if anyone has recently had any luck contacting Justin at Freakshow. I've emailed him several times recently about the status of a repair, but haven't heard back. Just curious if any one has had any recent contact. Thanks.
  21. H

2 Dirt Pedals, 1 Modulation, & 1 Delay - Lay out your choices.

This is what I try to usually get on my PT mini AM Beano Boost Fairfield Barbershop / FF Four Eyes / Cusack Screamer / Brown Rabbit (one of these) Zvex Instant Lo Fi / AM Mini Chorus / Malekko Trem (one of these) Maxon AD-80 / Boss DM-2 (waiting on a AM AR20DL to see how this goes)
  22. H

getting the goo off

Agree with WD40 or a similar lubricant. I've also used lemon oil in the past and that seemed to work well too.
  23. H

Show us your Pedaltrain Mini Pt 2

Yeah, I think it is a dunlop power brick - i use the one on my mini just like that
  24. H

What are your 3 delay pedals?

Frequently Used: Maxon AD-80 Boss DM-2 Freakshow Digilog Less Frequently Used: Boss DD-3 Boss DD-5 Moog MF-104z
  25. H

Fairfield Circuitry Randy's Revenge

Been playing some more with this - the ring mod is great, but the trem on this thing is killing me - having sine and square wave options is really helpful. Also the mix knob, i know its a basic thing, but man is it useful to help me get to where I need to be with either the ring mod or the...