Search results

1. EL-Dougie

Head Hands & Feet

There are a bunch of old HHF clips on YouTube, been posted here before. Find em on your own - great stuff.
  2. EL-Dougie

Let's play Name That Rock Star!

I have but two of them - Elton John (Reginald Kenneth Dwight) and the Igster Iggy Pop (James Newell Osterberg, Jr.)
  3. EL-Dougie

What's your favorite Jeff Beck album?

Truth. Bought it at a local department store in Hartford, CT when it was weeks old. "I don't know much about love, people, but I sure got it bad". Hard to believe that was the Rod Stewart singing who became the Do Ya Think I'm Sexy Rod Stewart. So cool to see Joe Bonamassa perform it (Blues...
  4. EL-Dougie

Guitars you wished you still had

Sunburst 65 Gibson J-200. Bought it used in Chicago in 1975, with an old repaired body crack, for $650, sold it 15 years later after a moving snafu where it got left in a U-Haul overnight in freezing cold and then the case got opened quickly the next day to see if there was any damage and I...
  5. EL-Dougie

Page looks WEIRD.

Does that photo make him look just a little like a snazzy Ted Kennedy, anyone?
  6. EL-Dougie

Happy Holidays! Now, what did you get??

Is that a vintage Charvel Model 4 ? Am I remembering that number right? I owned one in metal-flake dark cobalt blue, almost black, with cool tweed case - bought new, maybe 1985? Great guitar!
  7. EL-Dougie

What would be a sexy guitar with p90's...maybe even THREE p90's ;)

One-off custom T90 from StephenT (Talkovich): Chapin Fatline:
  8. EL-Dougie

Major Bands/Performers You've Never Really Cared For..

Kiss Metallica and many more (and I am sure I love some which others feel are stinkers...)
  9. EL-Dougie

Just got a new guitar...what do you think?

No humidifier needed, apparently...
  10. EL-Dougie

Punk Rock...that's right!!

All these great bands are bringing back some great memories. Punk rock was a big thing in my life. Spun tons of discs as a dj at the world's first punk rock disco (as reported in Time Magazine at the time), La Mere Vipere, in Chicago, from Mother's Day 1977 to my 26th birthday on the 26th of...
  11. EL-Dougie

Goodall and Collings changed the game for me . . .

Try these: Outside Nashville, Tennessee: http://www.guitargal.com/ (I've been there and the sensual experience is not to be believed - by-appointment-only private woody-shedding). Just North of Asheville, North Carolina: http://www.dreamguitars.com/ (dealt with them online and great...
  12. EL-Dougie

My particular Goodall Koa Grand Concert (KGC) has a clarity and warmth throughout the fingerboard. Sounds equally great with pick or fingerpicking. I felt the sustain of the chords and single notes much more than the others I tried that day. It just felt and sounded best, in direct comparisons...
  13. EL-Dougie

About 5 years ago, I went to a shop to try out a Martin and ended up buying a Goodall Grand Concert with Koa back and sides and an Adirondack Spruce top (Goodall KGC). It was the sweetest sounding and feeling guitar in the shop! The store was Maple Leaf Music, a small, independent retailer of...
  14. EL-Dougie

Where to buy Pedal Power Cables?

Yes - It was not more than 6 bucks to me in CT. No tax, and I received them a few days later. They even threw in a free cable when I mentioned one of mine had been dead on arrival originally. Excellent experience buying the extra cables direct (bought the PP2 "new in box" from a TGPer.)
  15. EL-Dougie

Where to buy Pedal Power Cables?

You can buy them direct from the manufacturer by phone with credit card. Simple process, fast shipping, and check out the web site to see if you might want any of the right angle plugs or other specialty ones, too. Here's the link: http://www.voodoolab.com/cables.htm
  16. EL-Dougie

good cab maker that will ship to aus?

And he posts here on TGP using the screen name Gooma (I searched in the Manufacturer's Emporium for Jarrah, a wood he has featured). The examples he has posted have looked incredible. Here is a recent post: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/417205&referrerid=26319
  17. EL-Dougie

Going to Nashville: Recommend good guitar stores and good places to hear great guitar

Guitar Gallery has an incredible array of high-end acoustic guitars, both new and pre-owned, from tons of well-known and up and coming builders. This is in a private home with a finished garage showroom. Showings by appointment only, one person at a time (an hour blocked off typically). Owner...
  18. EL-Dougie

Post One Great Guitar Photo

Four axes walk into a bedroom, looking for a couch they can sink their teeth into... Anderson Hollow Drop Top, Chapin Fatline Hawk, Swan Koa LN-6, S. Talkovich T-90.
  19. EL-Dougie

Sunday Silliness: Rock Lobster

Wonderful ! Very cool clip and, yes, great energy... Have fun at the show on Tuesday. Here is a write-up on this year's theme: http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2008/08/transperformance_set_for.html
  20. EL-Dougie

Hi from Springfield, MA

Welcome, Roadeye. Sorry you couldn't make the Joe Bonamassa show at Toad's in New Haven earlier this week. Hope you get out regularly to the Iron Horse in Northampton. Some great shows, in many styles, are to be had there. Recent guitar-oriented ones I checked out include Coco Montoya...
  21. EL-Dougie

Amp guy with best customer service -- share your raves!

My experience is limited, but both Mark Giammattei at Pure 64 and Ben Fargen at Fargen Amplification take great pride in delivering top notch customer service for their top notch products. Mark has even gone so far as to call to follow up 8 months after the purchase to see how the amp is...
  22. EL-Dougie

What do you have "In the Mail"?

Chapin Custom Fatline, pre-owned, thanks to posting a Want To Buy thread here a few weeks ago. Sold a Swan and a couple of pedals to help fund it. TGP works ! Doug in CT
  23. EL-Dougie

Show Your Guitar Inlays

I have a Martin HD-40MS, which is a Marty Stuart Ltd Ed from 1996. Had seen the fretboard inlays, designed by Marty, in a Martin Guitar History book, and thought they looked pretty sharp. Was lucky enough to find this totally mint, pre-owned specimen in 2003 and now have it in my little herd...
  24. EL-Dougie

Zendrive $179 !!!!!!!!!!!

That is an OK price - it is $261 direct from Alf for the ZD2 (including shipping). Not a major overpayment, and you get nearly instant gratification via TGP. Great to hear that the wait time direct is now not a real wait at all, though.