Search results

1. Dunzie

El Rey Dorado (Keeley Plexi Tone)

Awesome. Thank you! Ordered...
  2. Dunzie

El Rey Dorado (Keeley Plexi Tone)

Digging up an older thread I realize but thanks for a great and thorough review. How do you find the noise level with the gain up a little? Also, any familiarity with the JHS @AT? If so, how close are they in tone, or better yet enough difference to have both on the board? Cheers!
  3. Dunzie

Pink Floyd: Animals or The Wall?

All good. It's ok to agree to disagree. I've listened to every LP from Saucerful of Secrets and Meddle right up to the very latest works by the Waters-less Pink Floyd and Waters own material and honestly I'd say that the stuff they did after Waters left lacked the writing skill in a big way...
  4. Dunzie

I am a huge fan of Roger Waters even since the split. While I completely get how many people don't want to pay him credit because of the way he handled PF during the fallout, he's since become the bigger man and admitted it was his wrong and the other fellas were in the right. You have to give...
  5. Dunzie

Difficult question. I went with Animals sheerly because of how much time I spent with headphones pressed against my ears and playing that album cover to cover so many times. The Wall was awesome... I'm not one that didn't love it. Some classic Floyd moments. But Animals was one you could...
  6. Dunzie

POLL: Favorite Led Zeppelin studio album?

Voted II, but honestly how can you pick just one? You have to listen to the entire discography... on VINYL... with headphones.
  7. Dunzie

Strat-single coil-sized humbuckers...your thoughts???

I'm a hardcore Strat guy and have used the Lil 59, HotRails, CoolRails, and JBJr. Actually still have one Strat with a Lil 59 and one with a JBJr... both are great. If you're looking for a little more punch but not overpowering, they both will do the trick and still mesh well with the...
  8. Dunzie

Anybody NOT liking their Truetone CS7/12?

I have a CS12 and a CS7, both currently mounted under my large board. I've had the CS12 since it was released, and the CS7 for about a year now. Zero issues, zero concerns, no complaints. Both work great and have been very reliable. I have a Zuma on my small board. I've only had it for a...
  9. Dunzie

Goodbye Thorn Guitars - hello Fender Custom Shop.

Awesome opportunity for a guy who no doubt deserves every bit of it. Many congrats and I'll look forward to admiring your work with the FCS for years to come!! Kudos!!!
  10. Dunzie

Favorite low gain overdrive?

I have bought and sold more low to medium gain drive pedals than ANYONE should ever be willing to admit to. But I have a habit of falling for the "latest and greatest" publicity on places like TGP for new drives. ... and yet at the end of the day I keep selling them because none can outdo the...
  11. Dunzie

Keeley Oxblood Overdrive

It's been a staple on my board since it came out. I run it as a mid-gain foundation drive. To use TGP adjectives it's a little warmer and chewier than a TS, with better drive up tones than a klone, and it sounds awesome for leads when you boost it with a TS type after (I run a Keeley Red Dirt...
  12. Dunzie

Has any other band ever been as despised as Nickelback ?

Bee Gees at one point? Sometimes it seems John Mayer?
  13. Dunzie

How good is the Strymon Big Sky?

Not sure I'm fully qualified to answer because I haven't spent any time with the Ventris... and I have a lot more seat time with the Strymon than the Boss. I actually had both the DD500 and Timeline together for a while before parting with the Boss, but with the reverbs I have a lot more time...
  14. Dunzie

cali comp cd how much noise?

It's the first compressor I've owned since the 90's that I kept around longer than a couple months... and by far and away the best. As for noise, it's one of the better ones and easily one of the best for adjustments and playing "feel".
  15. Dunzie

Compression Pedals with Blend, Yay or Nay?

I absolutely make use of the blend control... the Cali 76 CD is the best compressor pedal I've owned, but others that have had it worked great too - the Wampler, Keeley and Xotic for example. For me it helps me get the output "just right".
  16. Dunzie

The best tubescreamer. Which is the best to you?

I've owned many in over 35 years, and most are great OD's - there's a reason they're copied and cloned and modded so much. Some of the newer spin-offs - from some of the bigger names in the boutique pedal builder world - have interesting pros and less cons. But the one I've ended up sticking...
  17. Dunzie

Big Wreck 20th Annoversary Tour Dates

Thanks... hoping for a good show!
  18. Dunzie

Tell me about the Wampler Paisley Drive Deluxe

I've been playing mine for around 2 weeks now since I got it. The Underdog side is great - surprising amount of gain on tap, kind of a nice chuggy warm rock drive. I believe it's based off the Nobels ODR-S but there's a lot to like. And lots of volume on tap. The Paisley side I think was...
  19. Dunzie

Need a HIGH GAIN pedal......

I'll echo this comment +1 I've tried a bunch that either (1) didn't have enough gain for my hopes or (2) were noisy. The Burnley is incredible, and I didn't like the Red (or Blue) Ecstasy nearly the same. The other one I'd recommend is the JHS @AT (or potentially the Angry Charlie). Both...
  20. Dunzie

Big Wreck 20th Annoversary Tour Dates

Can't get to any of the Ontario dates so we've got tix for the Buffalo show - anyone give a review of the "Town Ball Room" there? Decent place to see a band like BW?
  21. Dunzie

Family Photos 2018 Edition!

I used to set up more professional-ish studio photos of my "families" but I guess laziness is my nemesis at the moment, but here's a cell phone snap of the Strat family these days...
  22. Dunzie

How good is the Strymon Big Sky?

Reverb is one effect I do use a lot, likely more than any other. Currently after trying many units over many years, I keep the Big Sky on my large board and a Neunaber Immerse on my small board (and sometimes on the big board when I want to add something else). The Big Sky is the best sounding...
  23. Dunzie

What's your mid - high gain overdrive of choice?

Struggled with this part of my board for years. Either the pedal sounded fizzy and harsh or had good tone but noisy. Found the JHS Angry Charlie, then the @AT, then the Bogner Burnley. Today the @AT and Burnley are my go-to's.
  24. Dunzie

My Blue Guitar Addiction - Help an addict... post some pics!

I've had a few blue Strats...
  25. Dunzie

Show Your Pedalboard: 2018 Edition

It's the handwired True Bypass 10 channel switcher from loopswitchers.com... https://www.loopswitchers.com/collections/accessories-and-cables/products/10-channel-true-bypass-strip As you can tell I have a bit of a dirt pedal issue so having 10 loops is awesome and fits the PT2 really nicely...