Search results

1. Billion81

LA Amp Show 2018

2008-2012 A great era for these shows. yeah- reduce your expectations...a lot!!
  2. Billion81

Standback amp stands?

?? this seems like a silly response. That's what I get for checking the "New" gear page.
  3. Billion81

The Desert Rock thread

Go find "of Hawks and Hounds" on YT. That's a pretty doc on the desert thing.
  4. Billion81

Are all you EJ Strat owners still happy?

I would do that but it would probably ruin the '63 for me to compare it against my EJ.
  5. Billion81

It's funny how Chinese Celestion Speakers say Ipswitch England on the label, and

I say the same thing everyone I see one of your ridiculous posts. Then again- your post activity speaks to someone whose world is pretty empty so- knock yourself out. Just please try and valet park your high horse when telling others how to behave.
  6. Billion81

I guess ripping off Marvin Gaye pays off

I noticed that tune by Aloe Blacc The Man uses not only the same hook phrase "You can tell everybody" from Elton John's Your Song but also essentially the same interval under that phrase.. The rest of the songs are different enough but that was a straight pull from the EJ song. I remember...
  7. Billion81

Can't stop listening to XTC

Yes.. this and Chalkhills and Children are two favs.
  8. Billion81

Rolph Pickups Experience

Listen- if you had a bad experience at a business level in terms of the end to end of transaction- i.e Delivery, quality, etc.. You should feel free to speak on it. If you had a clashing experience with him based his personality (which is possible and sounds like what happened) you should feel...
  9. Billion81

Rolph Pickups Experience

JM's a character. He knows his business, has strong opinions and doesn't suffer fools. PM me about him and I'll tell you the same thing.
  10. Billion81

Stranglehold and Mr Nugent

I thought the irony was that he was a pants soiling, draft dodger.
  11. Billion81

Did Frank Zappa know music theory?

Ah yes.. Studio Tan. When I first heard Redunzl I wanted to give up.
  12. Billion81

Troy Grady has unlocked Eric Johnson technique secrets

The guy is a beast. I'd like to see him take on some Shawn Lane..
  13. Billion81

Amp for headphone practice with built-in metronome?

BUmping this thread. It seems like the G3 was the winner a few years ago. Any updated thoughts on Headphone rigs with metronome or other features? Checking out Amplitude now.
  14. Billion81

RedPlate custom shop AH50

Nice..got some Dna going there. that opening run on the first track is killer. Henry and Mike know how to grok
  15. Billion81

How to play rockabilly?

Danny Gattom had esskay sausage fingers.
  16. Billion81

Lying here, nasty flu, waiting for the ambien to kick in..

BMSR and Tobacco are good with an ambi Check out F***ed up friends on YT Flying lotus too
  17. Billion81

Infant Eyes - solo guitar

Outstanding.. Impressed- great chord melody!!
  18. Billion81

Does anyone else's technique get worse when trying out gear at stores?

Define definitions..please. Just kidding. I am people.
  19. Billion81

EJ Strat owners - did you upgrade the pickups?

Stock...don't mess!
  20. Billion81

What Did Gary Moore Say About Brad Paisley??

Madness is stating that a dead guy is chuckling.
  21. Billion81

Fender style heads and a 16 ohm load...

What was the primary Impedance (typically) for the 3 speaker combo amps?
  22. Billion81

The best Dumble type amp of 2014!!!

It didn't bother me. The only thing that bothers me is irrational exuberance.
  23. Billion81

The best Dumble type amp of 2014!!!

The good news is- @ 45 my hearing is such rubbish that I can barely tell what's what with my sound/tone. That coupled with an ever growing area of gray matter (if you believe the studies) in my brain which mostly effects my decision centers to the point where i don't give a **** about much...