• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. Jeff Scott

Acoustic that plays and feels like an electric???

Hint: not everyone here is a Bluegrass player.
  2. Jeff Scott

I can verify that my Martin with its 25.4" scale length, 1 11/16"nut width, 2 1/8" string spacing at the saddle, and its Low Profile neck profile makes it feel and play just like an electric guitar. ;)
  3. Jeff Scott

Crack in new Martin

Probably not the right mix of Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme...
  4. Jeff Scott

Yo! We're talking about flat top acoustic guitars, here. Archtop guitars are a very different thing, altogether. Even so, archtop guitars sound their best with a good, classic, wood bridge on them, T-O-Ms need not apply.
  5. Jeff Scott

What, exactly, is your vested interest in pushing Tune-A-Matic bridges on acoustic players? Edit: typo
  6. Jeff Scott

Crack in new Martin

The top on my friend's guitar had cracks, parallel to the grain, literally, all over the spruce. They developed during the time he spent living in Houston. They were caused by the top expanding and contracting (while the Lyrachord bowl didn't budge) from the environmental conditions there. I...
  7. Jeff Scott

Crack in new Martin

A friend of mine has an Ovation Custom Balladeer (several, actually) that has cracks ALL OVER the top from just this. The rest of the guitar is in primo condition.
  8. Jeff Scott

That would be my guess, too. He seems a little cocky, to me, honestly. o_O
  9. Jeff Scott

Why are stocks of acoustics so low?

A friend of mine ordered a new Guild F-412 last fall and received it in a couple of months time. You could do the same.
  10. Jeff Scott

Humidity Issue

This is a constant battle i have been trying to deal with, too. Outside windows will always be much colder than anywhere else in the house in winter, so of course, condensation will occur on them. So, I am always juggling the humidity control up and down on our whole house humidifier...
  11. Jeff Scott

Do you think high end acoustics are a good investment?

If you loosen the strings, you MUST loosen the truss rod, too, otherwise you will end up with neck issues. Loosening of the strings is fine for a very short while only, like for a couple of hours. like if you were in the process of changing strings and cleaning the guitar, for example. Didn't...
  12. Jeff Scott

The best acoustic you've ever played? What's your fav brand?

Is that a pre-V-brace version?
  13. Jeff Scott

Martin D-35 David Gilmour Signature Guitars

I, too very much like DG's music and what he stands for (sadly I only got to see him once, in 1973, during PF's tour of the best album they ever made). Regardless, you need to lighten up on your militant stance about this guitar, dude.
  14. Jeff Scott

Martin D-35 David Gilmour Signature Guitars

Relax! Take a deep breath, and let it out slowly........... :bumpbump
  15. Jeff Scott

I Want an Awesome Cutaway

I have a custom Martin OM-18 with two cutaways (a Dick Boak design/concept). These have been used on some other series, such as the Shenandoah model, but when I brought my guitar to an Experience Martin event, everyone from Martin was all gaga about it — they loved it! :) They knew one or two...
  16. Jeff Scott

Sound ports

Soitenly! My Yamamoto MS-12.
  17. Jeff Scott

Sound ports

I have one guitar with a sound port in it. Works as advertised. :)
  18. Jeff Scott

Why Martin?

Nice first post! :bow :facepalm
  19. Jeff Scott

I Want an Awesome Cutaway

I was just going to post this until reading your (edited for clarity) post! :bumpbump GMTA. :)
  20. Jeff Scott

12 String Love

One of these days, if I am up to it, I can make some quick recordings using the built-in mics of my Marantz PMD661. I was lucky to have found that guitar. I came across it on a visit to Schoenberg Guitars a few years ago.
  21. Jeff Scott

12 String Love

That was made by Tsuneyuki Yamamoto in 2011, his MS-12 model. Yes, that is a Manzer Wedge™ you see. It has a multiscale neck (25 1/2" - 27"). Some more photos: German spruce top Macassar ebony B&S African ebony bridge and fingerboard African mahogany (Khaya) neck Macassar ebony...
  22. Jeff Scott

12 String Love

I've borrowed a couple Yamahas way back when, then in more recent years I've owned a '03 Rickenbacker 660/12 (not an acoustic), then a 01' Rickenbacker 730/12L. A few years ago I bought my current 12-string acoustic:
  23. Jeff Scott

Why Martin?

In some respects, yes.
  24. Jeff Scott

Why Martin?

Nothing wrong with that! ;)