• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. Jeff Scott

EUB's: what is their purpose?

Years ago I had a NS CR4M for a while. It sounded pretty much like one of the fretless ZON basses I owned at the time, but was a lot more trouble to deal with. However, it was a great bass and I would still have it if I didn't own any fretless electric basses (currently that is covered by my...
  2. Jeff Scott

Refugees from TalkBass

And here, all this time I thought it was something I said! ;)
  3. Jeff Scott

Anyone recognize this bass bridge?

Don't replace that Hipshot bridge with some more Ibanez-y, if you were thinking of doing so. You have a superior bridge on your bass, right now.
  4. Jeff Scott

Recommendations for a good bass DI

That should be excellent. I have a Tone Hammer 500 amp that every FOH guy loved the DI on it, whether used Pre or Post.
  5. Jeff Scott

What bass are you playing today?

Ah! Thanks, Tom, for that. When we did our dining room renovation in '17 we created a 5' quarter sawn white oak wainscot in the room, very Arts & Crafst-like.
  6. Jeff Scott

What bass are you playing today?

What is that outlet at the lower left?
  7. Jeff Scott

Roundwound string recs

I can't slap to save my life but, probably. They are pretty low in tension, a good thing IME, but may take some getting used to for those coming from what I call bridge cables. I have their JFs on 50% of my basses, too.
  8. Jeff Scott

Roundwound string recs

TI Jazz Rounds .:aok
  9. Jeff Scott

Rickenbacker 4005XC !

Most of us consider these various short-runs and one-offs RIC has been making as de facto customs, not production instruments.
  10. Jeff Scott

Rickenbacker 4005XC !

Ever order an instrument from a custom builder? RIC is making 90 of each instrument, nothing to wonder about.
  11. Jeff Scott

Rickenbacker 4005XC !

I forgot to mention, the 4005 was a true hollowbody bass, with an X-brace, no center block.
  12. Jeff Scott

Rickenbacker 4005XC !

I've got a little bit of experience with Rickenbackers, even the 4005 (see below). Totally agreed. My first Rick (of a great many) was my old Feb '67 4005WB (Jetglo) that I got in 1973. Had it for 38 years (sold it in 2011) and have done lots of gigging and recording with it. For RIC's 75th...
  13. Jeff Scott

Rickenbacker 4005XC !

In what way won't it be thumping?
  14. Jeff Scott

Guitar player has question for Bassists re: speakers

Yeah, I get all that. However, the guy who designs the very best in Class D bass amps says they are analog, and that's good enough for me. :)
  15. Jeff Scott

Class D amps are analog. Way too many people think that the D stands for digital; it does not. It's just a letter of the alphabet, same as Class A, Class A/B, Class B, Class C, etc....
  16. Jeff Scott

What companies make digital amps?
  17. Jeff Scott

Gallien Krueger MB112-II

What caused the fuse to blow? They don't just blow on their own.
  18. Jeff Scott

Anybody friends with the admin at Talk-Bass dot com?

What's your user name over there?
  19. Jeff Scott

Gallien Krueger MB112-II

I used to have the even more original 200MB. I bought it new in the late '80s; wish I still had it.
  20. Jeff Scott

Wattage

Given this is all theoretical at this point: What amps do you envision your future bandmates will be using (at full volume, at all times)? This is critical information. :bumpbump Powerful amps are relatively inexpensive, these days (500-800 watts RMS), plus speaker technology is making...
  21. Jeff Scott

Wattage

What's the likelihood of that? ;)
  22. Jeff Scott

BTW, here is a guitar rig to contend with. :eek: :)
  23. Jeff Scott

If those are 2000S heads, they produce about 120 watts, or so. If they are 200S heads, cut that in half.
  24. Jeff Scott

Dumb question about neck dive in basses?

Good thing it's not a T-bird style. :rotflmao