• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. Jeff Scott

Antique Radios

Yep, but that right person has to be one who owns a Tucker that is missing its radio! ;)
  2. Jeff Scott

Currently have a original Adcom 555 amp and pre amp, what would be next?

Yep, it's all about system synergy, not necessarily the topology of each individual piece of gear. :aok
  3. Jeff Scott

Antique Radios

My brother has a fairly sizable collection of antique radios, some going back to the very earliest days of such. The usual brands - RCA/Radiola, Atwater Kent, Motorola, etc. He started collecting them in the mid 1970s. He even has a NOS in-the-box radio for a Tucker.
  4. Jeff Scott

You must have read the quoted post wrong. My solidstate Aragon 24k is the warmer, more musical preamp compared to the all tube Audio Research SP-9. ;) In my own personal testing, anyway.:)
  5. Jeff Scott

Well, that very much depends on the particular ss or tube preamp. I have an Aragon 24k. I borrowed an Audio Research SP-9 for a while to compare the two preamps. The outcome, to me, was that the 24k is the warmer, more musical sounding preamp compared to the SP-9, which had a bit of harshness...
  6. Jeff Scott

I had a GFA-545 back in the '80s that I drove with a Carver C2 at first, then I got the guts of a GAS Thalia from a friend (GAS was his company) that I mounted into a rack case. Sounded great until the other kind of GAS hit me and I replaced it all with an Aragon 24k and 2004. For a short...
  7. Jeff Scott

Anyone using two subs for music ?

Glad that works for you.;) I wouldn't place them there, personally.
  8. Jeff Scott

The Teac 4010s has landed!

I used to own a TASCAM 3440 with DBX that I did a lot of original material on. Later on, I used an Ampex ATR 100 for a couple of years.
  9. Jeff Scott

Give me your explanation for the vinyl/turntable renaissance

That's one of my pet-peeves regarding movie soundtracks. Totally way too much volume differences between dialog and music/sound effects built-in to them.
  10. Jeff Scott

Beryllium Toxicity In Electronics

Only, if you live in California. :p
  11. Jeff Scott

What alternative universe would audio have had without high power SS amps?

My wife's father installed the Bozak in the late 1950s and when we did our gut renovation of the first floor in '17 we protected the speaker so it would not get damaged during the work. We even had that custom fireplace screen made for it. The speaker still works fine but we don't use it, it's...
  12. Jeff Scott

What alternative universe would audio have had without high power SS amps?

Hey! :eek: We, proudly, have a Bozak 302 in our fireplace. :cool:
  13. Jeff Scott

Tell about your encounter with any of audio's founding fathers.

Another "founding father", of sorts, was an old friend of mine from when I lived in L.A. in the '80s/early '90s. Andy Hefley of Great American Sound.
  14. Jeff Scott

Tube amps for home stereo

A friend and I spent an afternoon at Art's apartment back in the late '80s, talking shop and music. Really nice guy who was very generous with his time for us. I don't recall what he had at the time that we listened through, unfortunately.
  15. Jeff Scott

Tell about your encounter with any of audio's founding fathers.

The only "founding fathers" I have met and talked with were Saul Marantz and John (Jack) Mullins.
  16. Jeff Scott

Anyone go from HT back to Stereo only?

Looks more like a manattic......................
  17. Jeff Scott

Unopened first edition of the Eagles first album on vinyl

I have an unopened original Woodstock....
  18. Jeff Scott

Could be that, too! But for a few years now, my turntable has been packed away, so that doesn't work for me. ;) I'm afraid I'll have to buy a new cartridge if i did try to use it again (probably by now the stylus suspension may be dried out and cracking - I bought the Sleeping Beauty in the...
  19. Jeff Scott

As to why the resurgence, probably hipsters and millennials. :bumpbump As to what I have, I still have my Sony PS-X50 that I bought in 1979, with a GAS Sleeping Beauty MC cartridge into my Aragon 24k (sometimes using my Bryston TF-1 instead of the head amp of the 24k). From there it goes to an...
  20. Jeff Scott

2.1 Home Stereo/Theater Suggestions Needed!

We have a Bozak 302 in our fireplace that was installed, brand new, in the late 1950s. Still works like it did when first put in place. BTW, I use a simple 2.1 system, but it is not BT capable as the components are mostly from the late 1980s, but some are more recent (Sony, Kenwood, Aragon...
  21. Jeff Scott

I bought mine back in the late '00s. :) I've never owned any Mc. gear, but a local shop that was going out of business (Started many decades ago and was a major McIntosh dealer) had one on a coffee table in one of the listening rooms. Everything in the store was at least half off their normal...
  22. Jeff Scott

?Hearing stereo guitar pedalboard in stereo through headphones ?

IIRC, this forum is about home audio systems. You should have a mOd move this to one of the guitar/amp related forums. :cool:
  23. Jeff Scott

Hey, McIntosh fans, do you own or have, at least, read this book? https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/merchandise/McIntosh-History-Book
  24. Jeff Scott

That is the case.