• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. Long2Play

Any builders here who also make their own unique pickups?

Grosh builds their own pickups.
  2. Long2Play

Your favorite Legato player

Allan Holdsworth Shawn Lane Bill Connors Allen Hinds Guthrie Govan
  3. Long2Play

Good acoustic for around $1500, Martin or other?

03 Series Larrivee or a 300 Series Taylor. I think the Larrivee is a particularly high quality instrument in that price range. I have an OM-3R and it is wonderful. I also own Taylors and a Santa Cruz.
  4. Long2Play

FS Sold Larrivee OM-03R Acoustic

I love mine!
  5. Long2Play

Is the Barber Direct Drive a Bluesbreaker-based circuit?

I LOVE my Direct Drive Super Sport! That thing rips!
  6. Long2Play

Anyone familiar with Chandler Guitars?

I have a Chandler Weisenborn shaped 6 string Lap Steel. It was a steal of a steel at $200.00 with hard shell. Single dog ear P-90. I sold a few Chandler’s retail in the late 90’s.
  7. Long2Play

The HX Effects is legit

I did not run it that way. I did run it by itself in the effects loop and got a loud ground loop. I’ve since moved to powering the HXFX via a Strymon Zuni plugged into the same outlet plus a Goodwood Audio TX Interfacer. Problem solved. I did run the HXFX in the loop of my Mesa Mark V:25 and had...
  8. Long2Play

Sold Landry LS50G3 Guitar amp head

Left button goes between the clean channel and the gain channels. The right button goes between the red and yellow gain channels. I have a Landry LS-100G3. Killer amp here!
  9. Long2Play

The HX Effects is legit

I’m building a new pedalboard rig with an HX Effects as the controller for MIDI. It’s been ran 4cm with a Mesa Mark V:25 and a Bogner Ecstacy 3534. So far so good. Because I intend on using expression pedals, I am going to use a Voodoo Lab Control Switcher to do amp switching. Sounds like that...
  10. Long2Play

Show Your Pedalboard: 2020

I’m building a HX Effects board with a Voodoo Lab Hex and a Voodoo Lab control switcher. Early stages. I’m assuming the HX Effects is on the Line 6 wall wart with the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+? I’m running a Strymon Zuma plus Ojai for my system. It has enough current using a current doubler...
  11. Long2Play

Bogner Ecstasy 3534

Sounds right to me. It’s so easy to get really great sounds out of every channel. The clean is simply exceptional, IMO. The blue channel does the British stuff and the red channel just rips!! Plus boost and a great sounding loop. I have a very cool pile of amps at my place. The Bogner is what I...
  12. Long2Play

Pedal Builders You Love.

Strymon ZVex Way Huge Bogner Xotic
  13. Long2Play

Whats The Secret To Playing 2 Amps Without Hum?

Both are great designs. The only thing missing from the Swissthings for me was stereo summing capability. I'm building a new pedal board rig and found a Goodwood Audio TX Interfacer used locally for a great price. Allows the board to run stereo or mono. If I add a splitter like the Twincity...
  14. Long2Play

Bogner Ecstasy 3534

I had the exact same reaction to the clean channel. Absolutely blown away by it. I have serial number 007. The effects loop is quiet. The gain channels have surprisingly low noise even when pushed hard. My opinion is that Bogner has created an absolute tone monster of an amplifier and I am...
  15. Long2Play

Thinking of getting rid of some of my amps?

Bogner Ecstacy 3534. Seriously great tones. 30 pounds. It has me thinking about selling my bigger amps because it’s just wonderful.
  16. Long2Play

You have $500 and need to buy a multi-effects pedal for a cover band

Line 6 HX Effects. In your price range. 6 buttons. Sounds good bypassed. Integrates with your amp well. Has an IR loader in it for front of house. It really sounds good and I am a long time Line 6 hater....
  17. Long2Play

What pedals have you bought in 2020?

Line 6 HX Effects Goodwood Audio Interfacer (today off Craigslist)
  18. Long2Play

My first delay pedal

Electro Harmonix Memory Boy Deluxe. Great sounding analog delay with Tap Tempo well within budget.
  19. Long2Play

Trem/Verb combo pedals

Strymon Flint on my board. It's so great!
  20. Long2Play

What Will Strymon's 2nd Pedal of 2020 be...Any Guesses?

A full blown multi effects pedalboard with everything in it. Take my money please....
  21. Long2Play

NAMM 2021 cancelled

NAMMthrax bonus level avoided...
  22. Long2Play

HX Effects alternative

TC still makes the G System... I have an HX Effects, it sounds good!
  23. Long2Play

STUDIO MONITORS GUITAR APPROVED

Focal Alpha 80's for me. Great monitor for reasonable dough.
  24. Long2Play

NEW line 6 HX EFFECTS multieffect

My pleasure! Thank you to your entire team! I just ran into a niggle. I just got a Bogner Ecstasy 3534 head and the two devices do not play well together. Ground loop noise like mad. Good in the Mesa loop though. I tried an Ebtech Hum Eliminator and it didn't help. Not complaining. I'll get it...