• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. LardVader

Poll: Do wah pedals belong on the floor?

Zipped tied to my forehead. Part of my performance when I operate it against a solid surface.
  2. LardVader

Revisiting Metallica's Load/ReLoad

I didn't understand the whole hair thing at all, from the moaning fans that is. But while load and reload have decent songs on them, I was never able to listen to them start to finish more than a couple of times. Not like the glorious albums that preceded them. I think it was also around the...
  3. LardVader

Why do you have 2 of the exact same pedal?

One for the left foot and one for the right.
  4. LardVader

Brian May new Guitar - The Arielle?

Something I never thought I'd see, new hairstyle next? :p
  5. LardVader

Can you list Pros vs Cons to relic guitars?

Pros: endless forum threads Cons: endless forum threads
  6. LardVader

Beat It - EVH Guitar Solo

Nice work!
  7. LardVader

Is this a massive crack on the neck pocket or not? (Charvel Guthrie Govan)

I'd probably take a punt on that at the right price, and that for sure ain't the right price.
  8. LardVader

Went to buy a Les Paul today. Questions about quality

If that was my store I'd charge you another $500 for the custom relicing! :p
  9. LardVader

Today is the Eyes of March!

Don't you mean the Ides of March?
  10. LardVader

If asked, would you allow yourself to become a Youtube guitar products SHILL ?

Unless you're wealthy enough to buy all the gear yourself, no one can afford to say exactly what they think all the time, otherwise manufacturers will stop sending products to be demoed. It's an awkward line to walk if you care about your viewers and want to continue with the channel. Anyone...
  11. LardVader

Upgrading the old shreadys..

Wondered what you were on about then, UK slang for underpants/boxers :p
  12. LardVader

Steve Vai injures hand, requires surgery

I got caught 'holding a difficult chord' once, but fortunately didn't need surgery. ;)
  13. LardVader

Cats On Amps

14. LardVader

Best coil split guitars?

Mostly hate the split coil sound on a single humbucker. But I do like splitting both pickups in a HH configuration, that sounds great.
  15. LardVader

Gibson “trying to be cool again”

Hardly see releasing a sig guitar for a 60 year old rocker as pandering to the young.
  16. LardVader

Bare Knuckle Pickup Advice

Love the nailbombs (alnico)..
  17. LardVader

Have you ever bought back a guitar you sold?

88' Jap Charvel. 3rd electric I owned but first 'proper' guitar, the others being beginner stuff. After owning for about 10 years, sold to nephew cheap to encourage him to play, Bought back about 8 years later and still own now. The neck is like the comfiest pair of shoes.
  18. LardVader

Pickguards suck! Change my mind {or agree}.

Much prefer a guitar without one, but not adverse to them either.
  19. LardVader

How has your taste changed over the last 10 years?

A $500 or even cheaper guitar is just a beginner's tool, to be got rid of as soon as possible. Just not true anymore, the quality at this price is amazing.
  20. LardVader

What do you play when you are asked to play something?

Echoes, Use my voice to fill in all the ambient and synth sounds, and I insist on playing the whole song. That'll learn them.
  21. LardVader

Poll: Are you buying the Quad Cortex? Why?

No. Already have the fxIII, nothing I've heard makes me regret that purchase. The gui and touch screen looks neat but I'm not interested in the capture element. I can see how useful some folks might find that.