• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. crxshdxmmy

how many "boutique" or "wait list" or "private builder" pedals are on your board?

Two Strymon, A Timmy and a 1981 DRV. So... zero? Or does Strymon count now?
  2. crxshdxmmy

do you suggest the solderless patch cable?

I’ve tried several different kits. George L and a couple different Lava options, but have settled on the EVO Solderless cables from Disaster Area Designs. They’re great!
  3. crxshdxmmy

Modern Guitar Heroes...

Mike Einziger of Incubus is one of my favorite modern players.
  4. crxshdxmmy

What Guitar Picks do you Really Like?

I have a trio of Blue Chip Jazz Lg picks in different thicknesses that I use the most. I also have a few Gravity 1.5 and 2mm Stealth and Sunrise Big Minis that I like. For acoustic, it’s Dunlop Tortex .60mm most of the time. I like the Black Jazz 3 shape.
  5. crxshdxmmy

I like .009 Super Slinky Strings

I was thinking of switching to 9s this morning, actually. Even after a couple of decades, bends on 10s make my fingers cry.
  6. crxshdxmmy

The VERY FIRST drive pedal you ever owned , year, make and quality ?

Ibanez SM-7 Smash Box. ....dear lord. When I really got into pedals though, I had a BD-2 and a Catalinbread Silver Kiss.
  7. crxshdxmmy

G/L pickup identification

Could be one of their MFD singles.
  8. crxshdxmmy

Fancy a little reading? Check out thegearconfessions.com

Put a couple new videos up on YouTube in support of my recent interviews with Tom from Spiral Electric and Christian from Eventide.
  9. crxshdxmmy

Posted a new interview with Pete from Strymon yesterday. In it, he talks about what 10 years of El Capistan success has meant to the company, to him and to users all around the world. Read it here: www.thegearconfessions.com/post/elcap
  10. crxshdxmmy

NPD Diamond Comp

One of my favorites.
  11. crxshdxmmy

New content alert! Just published an interview with Christian Colabelli from Eventide Audio where he explains the genesis of the new Blackhole pedal. It’s really something! (And there’s also a new demo on my YouTube channel.) Check it out here: thegearconfessions.com/post/blackhole
  12. crxshdxmmy

US Patent #US6459023B1 Expires 2021-01-26

Cheers to @whoismarykelly, @jm9239 and @Reyybarra for offering some common sense in this bizarro thread. Pedaltrain solved a need in the industry and was awarded a patent for it — god forbid they protect it. And in a world where $300 drives and $800 reverb pedals reign supreme, a...
  13. crxshdxmmy

Your top 3 MIAB style pedals.

The Catalinbread DLS Mk3 is the best I’ve played. Pros: 3-band Tone Stack 2 modes Sounds great Looks great Runs at 9-18v Perfect as a platform drive / stacks well Con: Mode toggle is internal
  14. crxshdxmmy

This is my newest feature — a collaborative interview with Joel from Chase Bliss, Loki from Poly Effects, Steve from Empress and Colt from Walrus Audio where they talk about their most uniquely tactile devices and how each was inspired. Check it out here...
  15. crxshdxmmy

Hello All! If you're into tl;dr content, I'd love for you to check out my blog -- The Gear Confessions. Here are the pieces I've published recently: 10 Years of El Capistan: Pete Celi | Strymon Engineering Spaced Out: Christian Colabelli | Eventide Tactile (R)evolution: Chase Bliss | Empress...
  16. crxshdxmmy

How many OD's do you have....

Just this one... for 12 years now. I also have a DRV, but that’s more of a distortion.
  17. crxshdxmmy

New Interview with Tom Cram from Spiral Electric!

Interesting take. I'd like to dialogue about this a little more, so shoot me a PM once you're able... or you can email through the blog site.
  18. crxshdxmmy

New Interview with Tom Cram from Spiral Electric!

I tried PMing, but your inbox is full. Can you provide some context on a) why Ideascale "is an actual fail" and b) how including it in that article compromises my journalistic integrity?