• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. ck3

A Few Foxrox ZIM Questions ...

I recently purchased another Foxrox ZIM after selling my previous one a decade ago. It sounds just as fantastic the second time around, and current plans include investing in Red Octave, Brown Muff, and TAR+ cards. The instruction manual is fairly comprehensive, but doesn't include certain...
  2. ck3

Amp EQing Issues - Head or Cab? (Peavey and Line 6 content)

I purchased a Peavey Classic 20 MH earlier this year and positively adore the clean channel. It's an amazing clean pedal platform, but the onboard overdrive has a grotesque, trebly snarl I can't seem to tame. The post gain is typically around 7.75 in 1 watt mode, and I seldom engage the boost...
  3. ck3

True Bypass Boss OC-2 Clone?

I recently purchased a Valeton OC-10 Octaver, which is an excellent, miniaturized clone of the Boss OC-2. It provides fat and somewhat glitchy monophonic analog octave harmonies, but has a buffered bypass. This means germanium dirtboxes misbehave when placed afterward, which is a bit of a...
  4. ck3

ART Power Plant Preamp Issues

I scored a somewhat affordable ART Power Plant preamp through Reverb last week. Unfortunately, the seller thought thin wads of paper would secure the unit during shipping, so UPS gorillas managed to throttle it enough to bend one of the rack ears. Though the majority of pots are scratchy, the...
  5. ck3

Affordable Klone Comparison Thread (Less than $100)

I just conducted a few searches, was unable to locate a recent thread with this theme, and decided to create one. The idea here would be to post impressions of Klone-style pedals priced under 100 USD. I'll start (and should preface these mini reviews by clarifying that I've never played an...
  6. ck3

Is my Valeton Boss FA-1 Clone Functioning Properly?

I recently got a Valeton FP-10, which seems to interact with other gain sources in an odd manner when the level is past 12:00 and the treble is beyond 1:30. The signal will still sound boosted into my amp's clean channel or Big Muff- style fuzz under the aforementioned conditions, but it tends...
  7. ck3

Product photos on Reverb.com excessively cropped now?!

Has anyone else noticed their existing Reverb product photos being excessively cropped as of about a week and a half ago? At first, I thought there was some sort of goofy framing trend with new listings, but then found photos in my own listings had been altered without my authorization. This...
  8. ck3

Mojo Hand Effects Rounder - Noise Issues?

I just received a used Mojo Hand Rounder that was purchased through Reverb. The seller already claimed a velcroed pedal was "mint" in his listing and was a tinge flaky about shipping, so I wanted to verify if what could be another problem may have been undisclosed prior to sale. Basically...
  9. ck3

In Search of an Analog 1U Stereo Guitar Rack Preamp - Opinions Wanted

I've been using a Boss GL-100 Guitar Driver for quite some time and was hoping to find an alternate preamp with comparable features to have on hand. I'm a cheapskate, so affordability (<$200 US) is a major plus. I run a stereo guitar rig, so key features would be an effects loop with stereo...
  10. ck3

MS-70 CDR stereo reverb output level issue ...

I originally thought something was faulty in my Atomic Amplifire's effects loop and discovered the root of the problem was actually my Zoom MS-70 CDR. Anytime I have one of the MS-70's reverb effects engaged, one of the outputs is 100% wet and much quieter than the other. Additionally, the...
  11. ck3

Agile Cepheus Passive 7-String Humbucker Noise issues

I recently ordered a series of two 7-string guitars from Rondo Music with Cepheus passive humbucking pickups. The first was a fanned fret 25-27" scale Intrepid, which I ended up returning because the pickups were so ridiculously noisy, i.e., constant single coil or bad ground type buzz with both...