• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. A

whats the smallest amp you've ever gigged with (and how)

Pignose miked up. Worked nice but somehow I couln‘t hear myself on stage :)
  2. A

What's a fast 12" speaker?

Celestion Classic Lead
  3. A

Thoughts on this 76 Marshall on Reverb

A few mods...I believe you could find an up to 73 JMP non master volume head for that amount, and that‘s a whole other amp, at least IMO.
  4. A

Attenuator question

When I played a Master Volume Marshall JMP with an attenuator I always cranked the Master and generally also cranke the pre :) IMO that‘s what attenuators are for. Power tube saturation, which you will not get with the Master turned down...but maybe I‘m wrong...
  5. A

Favorite Bedroom Tube Amp

SF Vibro Champ and a Gibson/Maestro GA45 that sounds just spectacular and extremely fat at low volumes
  6. A

? For those who use two amps

Lehle or Radial - these work greatly from my experience The cheap ones can be a hit or miss...maybe they will work nicely, but maybe they will drive you nuts with noise and hum...playing two amps is a beautiful experience. Try one running your effects into and the other completely dry
  7. A

School me on the Mesa Mk I... reissue?

Had a couple of those in the early 90‘s. Great amps. I did run mine with 2 EL34 and 2 6V6 (when in tweed mode). As for value I think around 1k must be good to find one. But beware....they are small but feel like glued to the floor....HEAVY!
  8. A

derek trucks and his current amps

I think it depends on the venue. A SR in a smaller club or rehearsal room is a loud beast, but put it up on a big, open stage with lots going on and you struggle to hear it. I had the fortune to play bigger stages and had to put my 50W JMP Marshall or my SR running on 8 in the monitors as I...
  9. A

derek trucks and his current amps

Just watched the Fireside sessions....wow..great in the stripped down version. Looks like a Pro Reverb or Vibrolux to me...I belive a Twin would be overkill in that environment
  10. A

Does anyone here use head amp wider than cabinet (i.e. kind of like a T)?

I had a2x12 narrower than my Marshall head. Sound was great but I hated the look so I got another cab. I know it‘s stupid....
  11. A

pretty much says it all about the super reverb.

Have my 68 SR for about 25 years now and it‘s the only amp I never ever even remotely thought of selling.
  12. A

What happens if you become content with your gear?

You spend more time playing than hanging on forums like this one ;)
  13. A

celestion classic lead 80 experts... please school me

Yes there were GB versions. Had a couple of those in late 80‘s/early 90‘s in a 2x12 cab with a Marshall JMP 50 W head. Those were the first reissues of th G12 80 speakers. Great speakers, loud, and kinda unforgiving, almost like the EV. As for china vs. GB I believe most are urban legends. They...
  14. A

Speaker sensitivity ( 97db vs 100 db )

I don‘t have a direct experience with this combo, but once I had a 2x12 loaded with V30‘s and a 4x12 loaded with Blackbacks (the 70‘s Greenbacks). With the same amp, same volume, the 4x12 was lower in perceived volume than the 2x12...but I often set up two amps in stereo where one is lower in...
  15. A

The Mighty Micro Cube

Had one, loved it and also used it at a gig once with my Reso using the direct out. Worked flawlessly. Perfect amp for home use an jamming along with music
  16. A

Help. I need an attenuator for my Super Reverb

I used a 4Ohm HotPlate for years with my SR and i worked fine and was also said to be safe by THD. Opposed to that I also had an Ultimate Attenuator with the special 2 Ohm switch that let me down two times of two I used it. Nothing really bad but some conmection fried in the amp....
  17. A

Do you prefer an attenuator or a pedal for at home low volume overdrive/distortion?

Pedal on a small tube amp for me, because it‘s simplier and to me attenuators are there for cutting just a litlle bit of volume in big amps for band-playing
  18. A

A good bedroom amp for $600 or less

600 is a lot for a bedroom amp. If it was me I would go for a SF VibroChamp. A few pedals and you‘re set Otherwise between the Katanas, Yamahas, Roland Cubes you have nice amps for little $ and modern features like aux in to play along, integrated effects etc
  19. A

Favorite "cheap" amp?

Pignose
  20. A

Tremolo not working properly

So I might check with a new tube...if it‘s not working I might bring it to a tech...
  21. A

Didn‘t think about the caps...I always thought bad caps make the amp also sound weak, which isn‘t the case. I changed the caps a few years back and the amp sounds strongan bold
  22. A

In my ancient Maestro GA45 the tremolo is not working properly anymore. When I switch it on it stays deep and nice for a second then flattens much and is barely audible anymore. Could it just be the tube? Beeing a strang 6SQ7 tube I don‘t have a spare but wanted some input before buying. Or...
  23. A

Speakers are everything

Never understood the bad rep of V30‘s...Great speakers and not only for high gain
  24. A

What is the best Combo amp for all around gigging clubs

Alessandro Working Dog. I played a Rottweiler once and regret very much not buying it. GREAT sound and extremely lightweight due to the Neo speaker that was in it
  25. A

Looking for a good 8 inch speaker

Absolutely great speakers