• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. cragginshred

How Hair bands reacted to Grunge...

@art_z and although they were pretty glam Stryper's 'To hell with the devil' was recorded at the same studio as Master and came out at that same time!
  2. cragginshred

How Hair bands reacted to Grunge...

What gets me is '80's metal' is always equated to Poison and a bunch crap that came out at the end of the 80's by that time we were listening to Metallica and Anthrax. Will say George Lynch's band 'Lynchmob' was absolutely killer as well as a few other late 80's releases, but most were crap...
  3. cragginshred

Canadian Bands

Rush Triumph Rush and more:..... TRIUMPH!! :beer Oh yeah, April Wine!
  4. cragginshred

Do you find dressed-up cover bands cringeworthy?

@A-Bone you were trying to explain it to a 'millennial' :jo Back to the question, beer guts and balding guys is ridonkerous, add leather cowboy hats and other 80's memorabilia and they better be able to play...... A friend was in a Philadelphia based 80's band and all the guys were very...
  5. cragginshred

Help my Zep medley!

Great ideas fellas!
  6. cragginshred

Help my Zep medley!

We want to morph 'The Ocean' with 'Bring it on home" and one other -ideas?
  7. cragginshred

Do people just make up lyrics when they have a brain fart on stage?

Funniest thing I've ever seen is a 'scream-o' yeller reading lyrics from a music stand live -nuff said :beer
  8. cragginshred

Steely Dan live with Drew Zingg on guitar!!!!!

Will they tour anymore now that the guitarist has passed?
  9. cragginshred

@DRS If I hear Skaggs on the radio I don't even listen but when you watch these guys live its amazing how good they are!
  10. cragginshred

@jnepo1 I appreciate SD but it's not a genre I listen to ever, but I was blown away at his solos.
  11. cragginshred

Just wow! He plays when the guys of SD come out at about 11:08" and beyond
  12. cragginshred

OK. Eat ‘Em And Smile Equals...

One more side not worth mentioning. Ted Templeman did not always like Dave's voice. When they were preparing to record VH I Sammy was considered due to Dave's vocal range 'limitations' Keep in mind at the time there were not may 'Arena rock' bands in the biz. But for the genre Dave was...
  13. cragginshred

@fjblair Ted Templeman hated Jump too, he was surprised when it went crazy on the charts. I thought it was uber cheese fest. One of the reasons I liked Eat em n smile when it came out was the return to guitar oriented shred material that the previous VH release's departed from Also Ted...
  14. cragginshred

@sahhas that was such a great book. I never really knew how much a producer had a hand in the song writing and album as a finished product than I learned from his book. Mutt is another example. Sounds like Ed and Donn were amped out of their minds for days on end in his studio and did not...
  15. cragginshred

When it came out I looooooved it! That tour was the only time I saw Dave. Steve Billy and Greg did dueling solos that were mind blowing. Dave was soooo funny on that tour too. The trading off solos stuff Steve and Billy did were some the best stuff I've ever seen live. Mindless shredding sure...
  16. cragginshred

What makes a great tribute band?

@jvin248 I used to really like SP, the last album was garbage. Riffs, vocal melodies, everything. They are or were cashing out with as much touring live shows they could do which is understandable but sheesh, spend some time to write riffs and songs on par with past material which was amazing...
  17. cragginshred

@michael patrick with a Motorhead tribute band you don't have to worry if the singer can sing :beer Have fun with it!
  18. cragginshred

@BigGreggoTX that is ridiculous and has been brought up before. I wonder what allows the 'Molly hatchet' band cash in like that? Are there original members home getting a cut?
  19. cragginshred

I like them because most of the real bands either are: tributes due to so many non original members, are spun out, can't sing it anymore ect. AND, I live in a small rural foothill area where there are not many big acts coming thru ever anyhow. Lastly, most of these bands are very talented and...
  20. cragginshred

These gals are great too!
  21. cragginshred

Here's a fun vid of the maiden's with SP. Satchel says this is the closest I will ever get to effn Dave Murray :p
  22. cragginshred

In Northern California there a few really good ones: My friend is the lead guitarist -wearing the old school Schon wig look! This is my cousin (lead singers Heart band) Wigs no wigs? Chubby, in shape? What makes a great tribute band? My singer can nail STP and AIC but we look nothing...
  23. cragginshred

Are you gigging now?

We are booked for several outdoor summer events -park gig beer gardens high country campground event center, private outdoor party ect. I hate bar gig late night load outs anyways so this is ideal!!
  24. cragginshred

New Ted Templeman Book (Van Halen content)

Loved Ted and Noel's books! Both had unique perspectives and tales that no VH will ever tell :beer
  25. cragginshred

Yngwie in Alcatrazz was the best playing of his career.

Grahm Bonnet was the sticking point with that band tho -sorry to be a hater but he sucked. Yes I would agree YJM wrote some great riffs and solos here! As brilliant as the 1st solo album was it was too self indulgent and dark for me. I want songs and mix upp the modes. That's why I always loved...