• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. D

Safely running two amps at once...

Wireless 2 recievers tuned into.same frequent. One transmitter. No common connection Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
  2. D

Mesa Boogie Mark IV vs Mark V

honestly, doing a blind test, you'de be hard pressed to tell the difference. They are both great, versatile amps with signature lead channels. I'de be happy with either
  3. D

NAD: H&K TubeMeister

Incredibly cool amp head for the price of 1 or 2 cork-sniffer pedals. Sounds perfect with just a cord. Portable, and the BEST part... u can gig without a cab. Practice direct into the rehearsal PA and sound huge. Looks sweet, sounds sweet. Model amp killer. Glad I bought it
  4. D

Affordable guitars with Piezo?

Hamer duotone import. WOW
  5. D

Cabinet identification. Cabs used by EVH and Luke.

Those are a very basic Electrovoice ported cube. You can cover the center hole and change the cab response. I built a couple of those back when. You can get the blueprint from EV. I MAY even still have one. honestly, just a box
  6. D

The Best Rangemaster/Treble Booster Clone!

Don Butler tone-man.com rangemaster originally marketed by him and plexipalace.
  7. D

Had to pull out my backup amp last night, a Crate Powerblock

Its meant to get you out of a jam. and mine has, for as little as it is. bailed out a fried monitor poweramp also. don't leave home without one.
  8. D

Had to pull out my backup amp last night, a Crate Powerblock

always have a backup. powerblocks make sense. Every gigging guitarist should own one.
  9. D

Vox AC15H1TV vs XITS X10

I am a long time vox fan/owner and am exstatic that they made this AC15H. I drooled over it in the Aspen Pittman picture books. I always dreamed of owning one. now I can; without forking out $$$$$$$ and dragging my $$$$$$$ amp around and worrying about theft and damage. It is layed out in a...
  10. D

Acoustic pedalboard? Pedal Recomendations.

EV wireless -> Yamaha AG stomp. Superb tone.
  11. D

Piezo Bridges on Semi-Hollowbodies: Fishman vs. Graphtech vs. LR Baggs

honestly, go with a company that specialize in it from the factory: EBMM Parker Ovation that way you wont bugger up a nice guitar
  12. D

Digitech GSP 1101

hey BUDDAMAN, this isn't a JOIN N SPAM board man; get lost.....
  13. D

whats is the one effects unit, that u cannot live without

well. gnx4 i would never get rid of. Its a simple 8 track digital recorder, drum machine, mp3 player, mic preamp, mixer, looper. 1 stop shopping. I can go to any gig/practice/jam with a gnx4, powered EV wedge and the GNX4 and blow peoples s**t away every time. And only 1 trip from the car...
  14. D

the NEW VOX AC15H1TV Review

I just took delivery on Thursday. Have played many, many amps in my 30 years o playin'. This is THE vox tone of old. Nicely built pckg. I find some Steves segmented reviews a little hard to follow. I am a prior Top Hat owner and find few similarities to a club royale. Throw a treble booster...
  15. D

Good all-rounder 2x12 combo

+1 Lonestar hits on all cylinders. Dont forget the 93V brownout/tweed mode
  16. D

Mesa Lonestar Mods

mods? that would muck up my 5 year warantee. Mine loves pedals
  17. D

Electric Guitars with Piezo for Acoustic sounds?

Ernie Ball/Music Man has the coolest piezo systems/preamps in alot of different flavors of guitars. There is a style for everyone. I'm VERY partial to my PETRUCCI. Not only best piezo system, but best floating (non-locking) bridge EVER. sucka never goes outta tune. Piezo just KILLS! And...
  18. D

JCM800 Kicked Arse!

the 100 watters have more "wicked" factor then the 50s
  19. D

JCM800 Kicked Arse!

EBMM Petrucci w/ a D-sonic into a 4104 combo w/G12-65. no pedals. inDEED!!!
  20. D

Acoustic guitar amps

GNX4 for me. simple setups I can go right in with all I need for all mixing, processing, looping and recording live all in the box. For "extravagant" setups, I use a yamaha AG Stomp inline.
  21. D

GNX4 or GT-8?

NONE of them are PRO units (i.e. built to do show after show; on the road; without fail etc...) If you make a living with these and don't use a backup, your playing with fire anyway. It's as PRO as any of them for us weekend warriors. I have owned a tonelab SE and liked it. They all have...
  22. D

GNX4 or GT-8?

+1 for the GNX4. wow. it's got a lot to offer. Tonelab, GT8, line 6 and GNX all have respectable tones, but this has the kitchen sink thrown in.
  23. D

high gain rack preamp

I think the ADA MP1 is on more recordings then any of the above and are disgustingly cheap for what they do. Often times players/producers put a Marshall visual disguise on a MP1 tone/recording.
  24. D

Clean Headroom of an AC30cc?

why bother w/ a clip? it's an AC30 for crying out loud. It's not a "clone/variation". I'm still waiting on me CC1. I refuse to carry an 85# amp everywhere.