• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. P

Bought first Dr. Z. Prescription ES. Impressions.

It's a Prescription ES head. I think it's the newer kind with the footswitchable Overdose. It's different from my other amps, that's for sure. The cleans seem nice and crisp. I am just playing it through my Mark V combo, which has an MS-12 in it. So far so good. I turned it up for a...
  2. P

mesa announcement

oh my :p PS Mesa called me Monday night, wanted me to reitterate this is a Joke. I wonder who called a dealer all pissed off?
  3. P

Mission 5E3 or AC15 HW?

I could get either of these for the same price (by the time I option out the 5E3). What would you choose? Oh, and I am completely confident in my ability to build the 5E3. So don't let that factor in to your decision.
  4. P

Has anyone ever replaced a metal speaker dustcover with a cloth one?

I have an Altec 4178C with an original cone, but it's started to make some strange piercing noises and I think it's related to the metal dustcover. I've read that people used to take off the cover and put a "standard" one in its place. Has anybody done this, and do you think it would solve my...
  5. P

What tweed/BF fender amp would complement an AC15CC the best?

The AC15CC is basically the top boost channel. I've done a mod or two, it's got all NOS tubes, I have the Blue, and it sounds pretty damn good. So now I really really really want to build an amp kit. I have thought about a 5E3 deluxe, or a BF Princeton Reverb. Both those kits are pretty...
  6. P

Best NOS EL84s?

Hi everybody. The longer I play this new AC15CC1X I got the closer I get to keeping it. What are some good NOS EL84s to try? Are there any new ones that are worthwhile? I'm looking at KCA, Mullard duet for $200!! Are they $100 better than, say, the GEs, or other american tubes?
  7. P

Blue Angel - more tweedy or more blackfacey?

Hi. Does anyone know if the Mesa Blue Angel, when using only 6V6s, sounds more like a tweed amp or a blackface amp? Thanks, Victor