Search results

1. fishleehooker

Is the Fuzz Face the best pedal ever invented?

Yeah the 1.5 and Italian are great too. I actually haven't fully bonded with the II I have but it is great and I have yet to try a III.
  2. fishleehooker

I'd say that's up to each person! To me, I kinda like the I and IV right now.
  3. fishleehooker

FT Pigdog Dirty Mac Treblebooster; Spaceman Nebula Silver

Pigdog Dirty Mac Treble Booster for trade. I might sell, but prefer to trade it for a different Pigdgog, Sola Sound/ Macari's, D*A*M, Castledine, Tym, Creepy Fingers, Ghost Effects, Stonefly, Stomp Under Foot vintage big box, Basic Audio Bye Bias Germanium or Low Volt. Also Spaceman Nebula...
  4. fishleehooker

Semi-Hollows

Michael Stevens can build a fiddle
  5. fishleehooker

Wooshiest flangers please?

Spaceman Explorer can get awfully swishy
  6. fishleehooker

Strictly FUZZ

Yeah this was a Slow Fuzz-Rabbit-Hole Coming
  7. fishleehooker

DUH! Never Played Fuzz thru Clean Channel Until Today...

Usually I get the fuzz to sound as good as possible no matter where the amp is set and then try to mess with the amp volume a bit to see if it improves the situation or not. Of course anytime I find a great tone, I don't tweak too much as its already great. But I do think I prefer more Fuzzes...
  8. fishleehooker

Strictly FUZZ

I find it amazing so many people are attracted to FUZZ more than ever. Quarantine? Boredom? Cyclical thing? Its beyond catching-on here clearly, but I see a ton of people under the fuzz spell. I think somewhere someone has a voodoo doll of me laying on a Tonebender or something. Last nights...
  9. fishleehooker

Its most fuzzies fave, but I for one thank god it didn't end there. So many greats after that all with different sounds and feels. Frankly to some degree, it coulda started and ended on the maestro. But thank god it didn't. But I do think the Mk I is awful tough to beat.
  10. fishleehooker

Strictly FUZZ

I do. I actually have about 10 more I ordered before I realized how easy it was to do this with pedals. I have bought quite a few custom guitars and that process takes long enough to only do one at a time, but I found myself ordering these pedals so easy, then getting off the internet and...
  11. fishleehooker

Strictly FUZZ

God help me.
  12. fishleehooker

Paul Trombetta pedals

I thought wrong. Again. :bong
  13. fishleehooker

Paul Trombetta pedals

Forgive me man....Gee he really does have the same approach as you, particularly on one track that I don't know name of (I listen to whole albums generally). I have the other albums you are on at least and dig the heck out of them, as I do all Bowie.
  14. fishleehooker

Paul Trombetta pedals

I was listening to Blackstar the other day and when one of your parts came on, I thought," yup that has to be Torn." Good to know what (probably) gave you that cool tone.
  15. fishleehooker

FS New Monsterpiece Fuzz & Overdrive pedals

The GE Fuzz I got from this batch is a standout fuzz. I am quite tempted to get more!
  16. fishleehooker

Top 5. Behind Tonebender IMO. Maybe even Maestro. That's only in Fuzz land. But I do love it.
  17. fishleehooker

Paul Trombetta pedals

The difference in price on Trombetta and Basic Audio, as well as Black Toneworks, comes down mostly to the enclosure and demand. Also resale. All pedals that have more money in the enclosure cost more money than small, basic enclosures. A basic Basic Audio pedal is indeed not too much money...
  18. fishleehooker

Which pedal by what company are you wishing would happen?

Chase Bliss DUDE pedal. Kinda like the Mood, but more blasted and stoned sounding.
  19. fishleehooker

Strictly FUZZ

Nice!!!
  20. fishleehooker

Strictly FUZZ

Getting the puppy has made any playing for more than 20 minutes almost impossible. She is getting older and better by the day, but I still haven't had a chance to really try blast on some of the new fuzzes, let alone record. That will be soon though and it will be nice and raw. That's all I...
  21. fishleehooker

NPD - Williams MkI Tonebener

All great points. But now I want a Muppet fuzz pedal. Any member of Electric Mayhem.
  22. fishleehooker

Do most of the really good fuzz units have an external bias adjustment?

Heck yeah, nice! Yeah a lot of the good ones do in fact have interior bias adjustment.
  23. fishleehooker

Do most of the really good fuzz units have an external bias adjustment?

It's on some great ones, but some of my very best from Castledine, Macari's, Ivor, Basic Audio and others don't have it. So no. But it is nice
  24. fishleehooker

Stevens LJ.

I have an LJ and a Neo. I went back and forth on the neo and an LJ but love the 2 I got.
  25. fishleehooker

Treble boosters

Organic Sounds makes a sick-looking amp-top one. Pretty expensive and not sure how shipping is right now between Japan and USA though. I have a Pigdog Dirty Mac arriving and a Williams coming in the next few weeks or so. Should be fun. I have never played a treblebooster circuit that I can...

Trending Topics