• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. Cerpin Taxt

Poll: Do wah pedals belong on the floor?

My wah and my expression pedal are on the board but the volume is “on the floor”. Technically both the board(s) and the volume pedal are mounted inside a case.
  2. Cerpin Taxt

Electric guitars, under $1000 (preowned) that "play like butter" for mostly classic rock

These guys know what they're talking about. Reverend.
  3. Cerpin Taxt

Show your pedalboard: 2021

I decided that showing off the pedalboard is cooler if people can actually hear the pedals, so I threw a couple licks at each one on my big board. Just messing around and the playing is sloppy af, so deal with it. The pedals you don't recognize are most likely my DIY/BYOC builds.
  4. Cerpin Taxt

Which chorus - Boss CE-2(W) or Boss DC-2(W)?

Mr Black Stereo Vintage Ensemble
  5. Cerpin Taxt

How important is pedal COLOUR to you?

This is basically me. I have a big board so two similar colors is ok but they just can't be too close to each other. Like, at all. Agree. The color is part of the pedal's "identity" to me. That's probably Boss's brainwashing of me, but it is what it is. He knows everything
  6. Cerpin Taxt

Post your guitar recording setups

Lately it's just been this
  7. Cerpin Taxt

Just curious, how many players own a Peavey Classic 30?

I have a Classic 50 4x10 with the 1x15 extension cabinet.
  8. Cerpin Taxt

Chorus choices

My mono chorus is a CE-2 clone I built myself. Next I have an Ibanez CS9 from the 80s that has some magic to it, and it's stereo. My latest and most favorite chorus tho is Mr. Black's Stereo Vintage Ensemble.
  9. Cerpin Taxt

Wet/Dry/Wet Rig question

Yes, my wet cabs have dry signal also.
  10. Cerpin Taxt

Wet/Dry/Wet....wow!

This is my W/D/W rig. Peavey Classic 50 410 + 115E, with Carvin XV212 100-watt combos for L&R wet signal. It's a good idea for your wet signal amplifiers to have extra headroom, generally speaking. The headroom on the Carvin X amp's clean channel is legendary.
  11. Cerpin Taxt

Wet/Dry/Wet Rig question

No this is the only way. Every other method is prohibited by the laws of physics. If you attempt any other method, the physics police will promptly arrest you.
  12. Cerpin Taxt

Wet/Dry/Wet Rig question

Any splitter you want to use for W/D/W ought to have isolation, ground lift and phase reversal. Radial ABY is an inexpensive option. Put your dry effects like filters, pitch and gain before the splitter. Send one output direct to the center amp. Send the other output to a chain of pedals that...
  13. Cerpin Taxt

Pedal order: chorus 1st into flange; or flange 1st into chorus?

I used to run my chorus before my flanger because I had a mono CE-2 clone and a stereo flanger (mono in, stereo out). Never used them at the same time though. I replaced the CE-2 clone with a stereo chorus pedal with stereo ins so it goes after the stereo flanger now. Not sure it really matters...
  14. Cerpin Taxt

Are you a “one guitar” or “more guitars” guy?

I aim to have sort of "one of each" for the various categories of guitars, rather than like 5 telecasters.
  15. Cerpin Taxt

What chorus does Vintage & Stereo Detune?

I sent back the Julianna and got that. Very happy.
  16. Cerpin Taxt

Accidental Target Pedalboard

Random wooden sign art at goodwill, $5. Now with moar pedals
  17. Cerpin Taxt

How to practice with a stereo pedal board

This is what I do. I'm running Reaper on a laptop just out of frame. This is a quick and dirty sound check I did through that setup a day or two ago.
  18. Cerpin Taxt

Blackie, Trigger, Old Black, Lucille... Do you have a name for your guitar(s)?

Jazzy Belle, Violet, Telly, Goldie, Leslie (yes, I know), Emma, The Reverend
  19. Cerpin Taxt

The VERY FIRST drive pedal you ever owned , year, make and quality ?

I still got it. Plugged in a couple years ago and sounded like shnizz. Think it's got some bad caps inside. Sounded good when I got it though. The chorus was really cool too.
  20. Cerpin Taxt

The best $37 I've spent on gear ever.

I also picked up the Digitech CabDryver to try some different cab models but TBH I haven't hooked it up yet.
  21. Cerpin Taxt

The best $37 I've spent on gear ever.

I'm recently running the American Sound and the AC Tone direct to my audio interface in stereo, and it doesn't suck. Got a baby in the house so this will do for now. I liked them so much I got the California and British sound ones too. For $40/ea it was a no-brainer.
  22. Cerpin Taxt

I want to try a SuperFuzz

Just get the Behringer at Sweetwater. It's $20.
  23. Cerpin Taxt

What Male Vocalists Do You Like?

Mickey Thomas doesn't get enough cred I think
  24. Cerpin Taxt

Weird guitar brands that have faded away...

My Lindert Locomotive S I won in a Battle of the Bands in 1997.