• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. W

Dead boss dd3.

So basically I have now discovered that it does indeed work properly, but the output is very very low. I found this out by oscillating my working dd3 at full vol and getting repeats from the dead one. So now the question is, what regulates the output volume?
  2. W

Dead boss dd3.

How would one determine if their reg. ic is damaged?
  3. W

Dead boss dd3.

Ok, so I did manage to get a bit of it working properly. It now lights up like it should and bypasses. But there is no effect still. I'm thinking there's something wrong on the signal path leading up to the repeat chip. I did however manage to get something on it working aswell, kinda. When you...
  4. W

Dead boss dd3.

Oh right, I forgot to mention this is the version 1 board, the one which is almost identical to the dd2 board.
  5. W

Dead boss dd3.

So I bought a dead boss dd3 for $5 in hopes of fixing it up, if I can't fix it, it's to the scraps with the parts and the housing to build other toys with. I swapped the diode in it that protects the pedal from the wrong type of adapter. But it still does nothing. The pedal does power up, the...
  6. W

Almost ultrasonic.

It only happens when something is plugged into the Nr.1 input of the vibrato channel. Or rather when something is daisychaned from the Normal channel into the nr.1 input of the vibrato channel. When the straight guitar signal is plugged straight into the Nr.1 input of vibrato no effect occurs.
  7. W

Almost ultrasonic.

I have a recording, at first it is just at a bit, but as the sound changes that's me turning up the treble on the amp. Sorry for the crappy recording. http://www.zshare.net/audio/331549190cc2dd/
  8. W

Almost ultrasonic.

Although it may make you more mad by asking, what exactly should I mention? It's the Fender blackface Tremolux again (the lemon as I like to call it now) and it only happens on the vibrato channel. Volume 6+ and treble 7+ = really high pitched noise, by playing with the knobs the pitch of the...
  9. W

Almost ultrasonic.

I found that when one of the channels on my amp is past 6, and the treble on said channel is past 7 then the amp starts to produce a really high pitched noise, an almost ultrasonic noise (my cat goes nuts when he hears it haha). I'm wondering if this is a pot or other component problem? It seems...
  10. W

Went a bit nuts this weekend...

Since you have so many... you mind giving me one? haha I wish I had that kind of cash. Enjoy man.
  11. W

What strings are you using?

So what strings are you using now? (brand, model, gage) At the moment I'm using a set of Dean Markley Blue Steel mediums which sound like garbage on my les paul, Really need to stop by a music shop and give them a swap. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, I also want strings that will last me a bit, I'm...
  12. W

Music Go Round is selling a pedal for $5,499.99

So how exactly does it sound?
  13. W

Capacitor Polarity

Beavis has posted a really helpful guide to caps, it shows a few ways of finding polarity. http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/Caps/index.htm
  14. W

$20 for new Celestion clones!!!

What's the minimum duty amount? Is there a site where I could look this up at? It would be really helpful to know this stuff when shipping packages.
  15. W

$20 for new Celestion clones!!!

For those who ordered from Canada, how much did you guys pay for customs charges? I don't want to be bombarded with them and I'd like to know the total cost of this before ordering my new speakers.
  16. W

Tape echo from a tape deck?

I have a tape deck with recording and playback heads, and with mic in (left and right actually) Looks to only have two heads though (playback & record)
  17. W

Tape echo from a tape deck?

Anyone know where I can find plans to build a tape echo out of an old tape deck? Or has anyone tried this and made it work? (good?)
  18. W

Tube power amps for use with modelers?

Marshall has some pretty good (and loud) rackmount power amps that from what I hear sound pretty good. They also run in stereo if you have two cabs to run.
  19. W

Does 'mileage' really matter?

When I see amps for sale I see people put the estimated running time in hours (which I think is usually a load of crap). But does this really matter? I mean, if the amp has 10hrs running time or 1000hrs does it really affect the amp? This isn't a plane and the mechanical parts don't wear out and...
  20. W

Amp problem diagnosis please

I've had this problem a few days ago with my amp, turned out to be a bad power tube. Try changing each one of the tubes one by one with a known good tube. You can also try cleaning the tube pins and sockets.
  21. W

"loud Noises!"

Ok ok, my bad, I did try changing tubes, but I only had one spare for each power tube, and I guess I mixed up the bad one and put it in for both tries. Yeah it was a bad power tube. Bastard cost me $25 :( Now, should I get a new set of matched tubes? Right now I'm running a JJ Tesla and Peavey...
  22. W

"loud Noises!"

Did what you said, and the noise is still there. What's next on the checklist?
  23. W

I have a hole in my CRex!

I've heard to use paper towel or toilet paper and nail polish.
  24. W

"loud Noises!"

I'm not entirely sure how to do so, I've wiped down the pins with a wet cloth. Do I need to use some sort of solvent?
  25. W

"loud Noises!"

So after swapping the two power tubes the sound only happens when I play now, a bit better but it doesn't fix my problem. I found that I can see a blue glow at the top of the tube (right where the connectors touch the whole assembly inside on the bottom plate) when I put noise through the amp...