• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. E

Gibson J-160E neck joint?

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or if it belonged elsewhere, but this seemed like a good place to start. A customer has brought me a 1976 J-160E that needs a neck reset, among other work. I've read statements on the internet about various quirks of Gibson acoustic construction, but...
  2. E

What round core strings compare to DR?

I've been happy using DR strings, but I'm curious to know if there's anything that equals them in tone and feel. I use .010 gauge strings, and the DR 10s sound bigger than most tens, but are also bendier than most 10 gauge sets. The sound is very round and balanced, while others sound like...
  3. E

How low can you go?

For those of you who like low action and have shelled out for a custom guitar with low action, how low is it? How low can you go without buzzing on an electric guitar? In my own fretwork, I feel like 4/64" is a kind of magic barrier. I just can't get the action any lower without some...
  4. E

Replacement for Epiphone tune-o-matic bridge?

I'd like to replace the stock bridge on a 2009 Epi Sheraton with something a little higher quality. The bushings are out of the guitar, so I can basically install anything as long as the spacing is right. The problem is, the spacing doesn't seem right on any of the options. For instance...
  5. E

DPDT switch with a Gibson-style tip?

I have no idea if this is the right forum, but I figured that there would be nitty-gritty type technical people reading here that might know the answer to my question. I'm in search of a DPDT switch to use as an phase switch on a Sheraton I'm refinishing, and I want it to look like a normal...
  6. E

Best budget roundneck resonator?

Looks like I might have a very satisfying tax refund and I'm looking for irresponsible ways to spend it already :-) I'm thinking seriously of buying a resonator if I can find one I like that I can afford. Target price is about $500 for a used one. I'm looking for a roundneck, wood-bodied...
  7. E

What gauge strings on an Epi EF-500R?

I've got an Epi masterbuilt EF-500R (which is a great guitar, btw). This model is similar to a Martin OM style, and some feeling around inside leads me to believe that it has Martin-style X bracing (not scalloped). I'm wondering what strings to use. A friend used to have a Martin OM and...
  8. E

Vintage Telecaster values

Hi, everyone. I haven't been real active on the interwebs lately, and except for a couple of for sale posts I haven't been on TGP much at all. I've been looking for recent sales of late 60s-early70s Teles and haven't found an awful lot, so I thought I'd throw this out there to everyone...
  9. E

What's a 1970 Tele worth?

Anyone have a VG price guide they can check for me? I would greatly appreciate it. :)
  10. E

What Strat pickups are these?

I thought these were Texas Specials, but it turns out I could be wrong. Does anyone know what these are? They have flat pole pieces, plastic bobbins that have "016730" molded into the bottom, two black screws screwed into the bottom of the bridge pickup, plastic covered wire, 5 way switch, and...
  11. E

bridge doctor?

Have any of you tried the JLD Bridge Doctor? I have a nice old Guild D40 that sounds nice, but is kind of quiet. I'm wondering if something like this will help boost the volume enough to make the guitar a keeper.
  12. E

TDPRI transplant in upstate NY

Hi, everyone. I've been lurking around here off and on for a little while and thought it was time I finally came out in the open and said hello. First off, you pronounce my handle "Eric," which is my name. I don't want anyone to confuse me with either a French woman or Hispanic man (both have...