• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. Guitarjon

Tour/rundown of my entire guitar collection! (LTD, Fender, PRS, Gibson, Schecter etc.)

Hey guys, I just posted a tour video of my entire guitar collection, just to have some fun and nerd out about my guitar collection. I'm a huge ESP LTD fan, no surprise there but I also have some guitars by PRS, Schecter, Fender, Gibson etc. I hope you enjoy this tour and of course I'd love to...
  2. Guitarjon

NGD: PRS SC58! (with 57/08 pickups)

I had my Ibanez Prestige RGT320Z neck-thru up for sale/trade for a couple of months. It was a beautiful guitar, in fact probably the Ibanez that I had every played or owned. I just didn't use it enough and I really wanted a PRS.. So someone finally responded and he wanted to trade his PRS SC58...
  3. Guitarjon

PRS into a Mesa Dual & Mini Rectifier (nu metal sound...)

Hey guys, I got my beautiful PRS SC58 last week. I traded my Ibanez RGT320Z for it and I'm super stoked about it but that's another story. So when I think of PRS I tend to think of bands from the late 90s and early 2000s, you know, those 'nu metal' bands like Incubus, Limp Bizkit, Sevendust...
  4. Guitarjon

NGD: ESP LTD Deluxe Phoenix 1000 (vintage white with Duncans)

Hey everyone! I bought a new guitar a couple months ago and finally found time to make a NGD post here. It's an ESP LTD Deluxe Phoenix 1000 in vintage white with Seymour Duncans. Definitely one of the more unique looking guitars I've ever owned but as soon as I saw the release pics of this...
  5. Guitarjon

I tried a Captor X

I've been using my trusty Fractal Audio LB-2 reactive load for years now and while I love it for what it does, it's not really capable of doing more then providing a load for my amps. So I started looking at other reactive loads to see if I could spice things up a little for my studio and of...
  6. Guitarjon

Got amp racks/shelves? Show me!

Hi guys! This can be a lot of fun! I'm a sucker for amp racks/shelves. I recently moved to a new home and I took that opportunity to upgrade my studio and amp racks. Since I have 33 amps I had to erect a bunch of shelves. I also wanted to make them look cool so I added some led strips. That's...
  7. Guitarjon

PRS MT15 or ENGL Fireball 25? (6L6 lunchbox amps)

The PRS MT15 and ENGL Fireball 25 are some of the few smaller lunchbox amps with 6L6 tubes in the power sections as opposed to the usual smaller EL84 or 6V6 tubes. People seem to prefer the sound of the 6L6's for the smaller amps as they have a bit more headroom at louder levels and a little bit...
  8. Guitarjon

TH30, IRT60H, Tubemeister Deluxe 50 or HT Club 50?

Hey everyone, I have a bunch of amps that have a wattage rating between 30 and 60 watts that are also similarly priced, at least here in the Netherlands. The prices range from approximately 650 to around 850 or so. I'm talking about the Orange TH30H, a Chinese made 30w EL84 (4x EL84)Orange with...
  9. Guitarjon

Hybdrid tube amp / loadbox IR / native setup

Hey everyone, I thought some of you might find this interesting or handy! It's basically a walkthrough of my setup when I'm working with tube amps. I tend to usually use my amps with my Fractal Audio LB-2 loadbox and OH IR's rather than using real cabs, so this could offer some insight on...
  10. Guitarjon

UPDATE: reveal posted! Blind test #2! (Marshall JCM 800 vs Line 6 Helix vs Kemper vs Axe Fx III)

UPDATE: Hey everyone, thanks for participating and joining the discussion! Here are the results: They all sounded good, they all sounded pretty close so don't feel bad if you didn't get them all, or even one right. It's not super easy for everybody to hear all the super small differences. We...
  11. Guitarjon

Rockerverb vs JVM410H vs Dual Rectifier vs 6505...

Hey guys! I thought it would be both fun and useful to compare the sounds of some of my 'BIG boy' amps so I chose 4 that are relatively popular. We've got the Orange Rockerverb 50 MKIII, the Marshall JVM410H, the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and the Peavey 6505. They obviously don't share the...
  12. Guitarjon

Thinking of getting a Kemper again... (update: got a Kemper Stage!)

A couple of years ago I had a Kemper toaster head. At that time I didn't have any tube amps so I relied on profiles from others. I tried free ones and also bought some commercial packs but it seemed to be very hard for me to get great tones. I was so used to dialing in tones from scratch on my...
  13. Guitarjon

Blind test! Mesa Dual Rectifier vs 'mystery' modeler (UPDATE: results revealed!!)

UPDATE: Here are the results, let me know what you think: Hey everyone, I thought we'd have some fun with some 'science' here! So in this blind test we're comparing my 3ch 2000's Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier to a mystery digital modeling platform. I'm the only one who can't give an unbiased...
  14. Guitarjon

Mesa Triaxis N00B poweramp question...

N00B question: A friend of mine is willing to sell his Triaxis to me. I don't have a seperate power-amp like a 2:90, but I do have a Dual Rectifier, Mark V 35 and Mini Rectifier (also various other amps like Marshalls, ENGLs, Peavey's etc). Will running the Triaxis into one of those amps' FX...
  15. Guitarjon

Finally tried a Blackstar amp (HT Club 50 MKII)

I had never tried a Blackstar amp but I did see them around often. People kept telling me to try one so I figured I'd go ahead and finally do that! So now I have the HT Club 50 MKII in the studio. I wasn't sure what sort of tones to expect. Would it sound Marshall-y or Mesa-y? I guess these...
  16. Guitarjon

Orange Rockerverb 50 MK III

Hey everyone! I'm so excited! I got an Orange Rockerverb 50 MK III! I've wanted one forever, such a dream amp! I started collecting the smaller Orange lunchbox amps a couple years ago. I really dig those small amps because they really have that true Orange tone. It's not a tone/sound that...
  17. Guitarjon

NAD: Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister Deluxe 40

Hey everyone! It's a new amp day, yaaaay! Got a H&K Tubemeister Deluxe 40! I already have a Black Spirit 200 and a Grandmeister Deluxe 40. I think both are great, especially the GMD40. It has a great clarity and presence in a mix. Those 2 amps are jampacked with features but the Tubemeister...
  18. Guitarjon

Pickups out of phase on 2015 Les Paul...

Hey everyone, Got a 2015 Les Paul classic (with some mods mind you) and it's a great guitar! It has one little issue though, the pickups appear to be out of phase when the selector switch is in the middle position. I thought I'd just flip one of the magnets but unfortunately I couldn't easily...
  19. Guitarjon

ENGL Powerball pedal

I got the ENGL Powerball pedal a week or two ago. It's a pretty cool 'amp in a box' type pedal that aims to sound like the lead 2 channel of the ENGL Powerball II amps. The analog circuitry basically is 'the same' as the preamp. Of course there are no tubes in here though... The last time I...
  20. Guitarjon

Laney Black Country Customs pedals

Hey everyone, I got a bunch of Laney Black Country Customs pedals recently and I've really been enjoying these. I was curious if anyone else here has any experience with these and what your thoughts are? These are the pedals that I got: -Secret Path reverb (spring, plate and hall with...
  21. Guitarjon

One Song, 33 Amps! (amp collection tour added!)

EDIT: It's here: the BIGGEST guitar amp demo video in human history! 'One Song, 33 Amps!'. I've worked on this project for over a month and I'm so excited and relieved to finally be sharing this with the world. I sincerely hope that you get enjoyment out of it and perhaps also some new knowledge...
  22. Guitarjon

NAD: ENGL Fireball 25!

I finally got my hands on an ENGL Fireball 25! I already own the Fireball 100 and Ironball amps and those are stellar! A lot of people asked me if I had tried the Fireball 25 and until now I had to say no.... But I finally got one and I am super excited to say the least! :) I have a lot of...
  23. Guitarjon

Wangs amps

Has anyone heard of Wangs amps? It's an amp company from China and they are built by their small family-run company of about 15 employees. All the amps are made by hand with a lot of care basically but the price tags are attractive! So I got my HD-15 amp a while ago and I've been enjoying the...
  24. Guitarjon

PRS SE277 semi-hollow PRS Baritone

I've had my PRS SE277 semi-hollow for a while now and it's truly one of the most unique instruments I've ever owned in terms of looks, features and sound! I mean, it's a semi-hollow baritone with P90's for crikey's sake! :) Before I got this one I had purchased a used sunburst SE277 with the...
  25. Guitarjon

Peavey 6505 MH

I'm doing a new series called Jon's Tone Chronicles and the basic idea is that I try a different guitar and amp combination in each episode. Just to find some killer combo's and talk about the gear used and the signal-chain etc. Just short videos but a good excuse to have some fun and talk about...