• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. cragginshred

Pink taco rips -Vid, not just words!

@8nthatK I thank you! I'm just a regular a$$ player, but I appreciate any vids posted that give me an idea of what an amp actually sounds like as opposed to endless pages of words talking about tone........ :rockin so my vids are just a way to be a part of that and hopefully help others decide...
  2. cragginshred

@ericb do you like to hear a regular player playing thru an amp your interested in getting with a video providing pretty good representation prior to buying it? Yes? Me too :beer Last night at band practice I was actually very underwhelmed by the amp. I plan to use the SB live outside. The...
  3. cragginshred

Friedman Smallbox vs BE100

@Ryno1331 not anymore! :munch
  4. cragginshred

Friedman Smallbox vs BE100

@LPMojoGL you me and 3 other guys put actual videos of our amps, everyone else all words :crazyguy
  5. cragginshred

whats the smallest amp you've ever gigged with (and how)

My Friedman Pink taco will crush with a 4x12 cab
  6. cragginshred

@ntotoro Judging by how cheap they are and how hot the amp runs I will keep a Russian pair on hand as well as what I pull out as backups. By the way what speakers did you feel like were the best for this amp? I have a Friedman 4x12 with greenbacks on top and V30's on bottom that sounds really...
  7. cragginshred

@Dan40 thanks for the info, you are right inline with Dave's reply last night on Face book. He actually said 'Only the JJ's will hold up'..... normally i would not know what he meant but coupled with your info above that makes sense. Interesting the the Russians won't hold up per Dave.
  8. cragginshred

Friedman Pink Taco - what a beast

@Ryno1331 yes! Also the Tumnus Klon type pedal helps. How is the V25? I generally shy away from the uber compressed Mesa tones and lean toward Marshall based ones, but I have heard so many good things about these.
  9. cragginshred

What's funny is I hit any amps with an OD for my final tone
  10. cragginshred

@ntotoro nice! Does the PT need biasing? Aslo the page asks early, avg or late distortion. Which for classic metal tones?
  11. cragginshred

@((TechnicolorSkyline)) nice! Yeah I like it better than the SB. Smoother but plenty rude still. Have you used it at any outdoor gigs? I have a 4x12 and went back n forth between the SB and the Smallbox did not have the definition in the lows at all to my ears like the PT20
  12. cragginshred

@Ryno1331 freeze the fram on the board and zoom to see settings. I was playing at 'dayum turn the $hit down' band volume -seriously. Plenty flipping loud. My conclusion is we buy these 100w heads and never turn them up past 2.0 and think it's a 'win' Not so sure, man this is plenty loud...
  13. cragginshred

Too many words, here is an actual PT in all it's glory. Disclaimer I'm no Pete Thorn but with my vids you will hear what the amp will sound like in the room with a regular a$$ player :beer
  14. cragginshred

I've had a few lunch box amps and concluded the EVH LBX has too much compression and gain, PRS MT15 is too compressed and Nu metal only tone. The Marshall SV20 is Brutally loud, with an attenuator is got thin and lost all application for me -no balance between the 2 for me. After a spell with...
  15. cragginshred

@Felipe Veiga I have a Smallbox and love it. I love to play loud classic metal and have a band that hangs well with this style, however the SB is effn LOUD. Great for outdoors, but I needed a back and rehearsal amp. Just pulled the trigger on a Pink taco :beer Video of it coming, here is my SB...
  16. cragginshred

Gary Moore’s tone

@aquanaut interesting! Can you imagine getting your hands on one of his modded Marshalls? Did he have kids or I wonder where they ended up? I loved this -His tribute to Thin Lizzy with former members
  17. cragginshred

Gary Moore’s tone

@NorCal_Val the production was all over the place to my ears. Some sounded thin and a bit shrill. His 80's stuff was amazing but not the best production to me, likely because he never broke with the M TV hair music =no money to put into epic recordings?? Live you get a feel for how much of the...
  18. cragginshred

Gary Moore’s tone

Everyone says he 'used a SlO 100' I think it was for a very short time. I had one for about 6 months and really loved it for 80's metal but in the end it really was too era specific so to speak. Man Gary is an amazing player! As good as the Still go the blues is, it kind of irks me that that...
  19. cragginshred

Friedman Smallbox with Fryette PS2 WOW!

@Ian makes perfect sense thanks for the clarification! I am wondering if so many other amps I have owned would have been keepers trying them this way. Bottom line for me is the small box seems to be the missing link between classic and brutally crushing. Most amps have way too much gain. If...
  20. cragginshred

@Ian yes! Where I was confused is some amps have a 'Slave' output jack near the loop. Can't recall if my SB does, but I know I am not running it out that way just from Speaker Out on rear of SB to PS2
  21. cragginshred

@Sirloin I understand the 2nd part, accounts for the fact that I have never liked any of the higher end attenuators I've tried. Can you expand in lay men's terms what 'loading down the amps speaker at 100% to line level' means? Also, would you agree with my assessment that using the PS2 to...
  22. cragginshred

@Ian cab is only plugged into the ps2, sorry I am horrible at proof reading, just re worded the above post.
  23. cragginshred

@Ian thanks, I am Not using the Slave (never have) Just Smallbox out to PS2 'amp in' and PS2 Cab out to Cab. then cranking the MV on the Smallbox to just about noon and then using the PS 2 to be the final volume I assume the 6L6 tubes in the PS2 is why I am hearing a slightly 'smoother' tone...
  24. cragginshred

@ericb nice picking that riff out and thank you! I always try to come up with a different riff for any demo vids I do. Yes band volume and a little louder Currently I do not have any recorded clips with the amp live -Covid I have played the amp without the ps2 and cannot get the volume over 2...
  25. cragginshred

Agreed! I don't like all V30's but my Friedman 4x12 has them on the bottom and Greenbacks on top. That gives you cut and not so much ear fatigue. Heard here with my Slo 100 (amp at the time)