• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. cragginshred

Any Behringer X18 users here?

@Nebakanezer great idea! How are you connecting the laptop hardwired? I have a Macbook Air with only USB and Thunderbolt ports. I do have an older Mac pro that has a DVD drive and many more ports
  2. cragginshred

Any Behringer X18 users here?

I have an iPad that I had to recently reload the app because it was not connecting to my dedicated router. that worked but it wiped out my saved show mix's. Got me scarred to what could happen at a gig. Do you use a iPad or lap top with the editor? I'm planning to get the editor on my Macbook...
  3. cragginshred

Is iPad based mixers still the way to go?

I'm concerned about my iPad going down and being in charge of the sound especially when we travel there. what are some new set ups that might not need an iPad but still have the technology to save mix's and stuff? No more than 18 channels need, thanks!
  4. cragginshred

My bands promotional video -please rate audio!

@mudster best comment yet, thank you!! Live would have been preferable but the bottom line is those hiring us will get a good listen to what we are about!
  5. cragginshred

@LoneBlueWolf agree on the mix, they are working on panning my guitar right and left to not compete with the vocals as much. That should make the bass and drums stand out a little more too :rockin
  6. cragginshred

@drew365 @Gasp100 thanks gys, yeah live would have been preferable and we have a lot of iPhone footage live, but with new bassist and drummer and a thing call 'Covid' we opted to do it this way. :beer As for the length I just figured people can watch as much or a little as they want...
  7. cragginshred

All our gigs booked this summer are outdoor patio or lawn in the pine trees in the Sierra Nevada mountains Calif. So, they will be wrapped up by 9pm maybe later. I don't miss the 2am load outs. Good memories though I'm sure!
  8. cragginshred

@Captngeetch thanks buddy, great perspectives and solid advice as to the stand out tunes. Good news is now we have a copy and I can pop it into iMovie and make 10 versions. I will likely make a couple more based on the comments about the stronger ones. You kind of never know until you have a...
  9. cragginshred

@scotth probably their phone, maybe use some air buds? I get the idea that most people are not listening to this through a home system or high end desk top reference monitors, and so does the engineer that mastered this! @John_M you nailed it sir and great ears! Time is $ and the guys only had...
  10. cragginshred

@Captngeetch I do not like the guitar tone either. My real tone is this (hear below) the way we recorded and the goal was to capture all the tracks the best way possible. We could have put my 1/2 stack in an iso room and went that route but time is money and the set up would have been longer and...
  11. cragginshred

@sws1 well aware most folks won't make it that long, however, there are several reasons we opted to include so many songs: -Two of the guys are in the 60's and it will likely be their last band -We love the setlist and wanted to include the wide spectrum of material and time frames we span -Who...
  12. cragginshred

We did this at Maximus media studios in Fresno Ca. 3 weeks ago. I used my Kemper direct to the board, bass direct to plug ins at board, drums mic'd in the room and singer in the iso booth. I posted this in the modeler section, but wanted to see what you all think of the actual audio and vid as a...
  13. cragginshred

Router for mixer suggestions?

@sants like this or? Or would this be good enough? What did you mean by 'they require a bit more set up'? Also my current TP link router started connecting better when I deleted then reloaded the app.
  14. cragginshred

Router for mixer suggestions?

I am using a three-year-old TP link router to control my EXR 18 mixer. I use it to lock out anyone else and allow my iPad to communicate with it. Last night it had trouble linking up and one of the antennas was broke off. I’m thinking of getting a new one. Did the new ones have better...
  15. cragginshred

Kemper or real head and 4x12 for in Studio live promo recording?

@mtmartin71 that's what I am thinking if nothing else there are parts the amp cannot do and visa versa. To do both the whole time would be tuff, when the monster solos come up i can only hi the boost on one button:rockin
  16. cragginshred

@hw2nw thats actually a great idea -Head/4x12 for in the room inspiration and Kemper to board for a pure signal? What about boosts for solos?
  17. cragginshred

Amps with Line out but no Simulated Cab to house?

I have a PS2 also, i did not have it when I had the SV20. How did you get used to the IEM's? I have them and tried them once but ended up pulling them out. Just this am I saw there are several more budget models as I sold my Sennhieser module but still have the in ears
  18. cragginshred

@Gasp100 like this? I owned one and use the Waza but felt like it took the punch away, my hearing was happy and it sounded great but it was fully neutered -like all attenuators unfortunately.
  19. cragginshred

My cover band is going to do a live recording for a promo vid. Snippets of about 10 songs with some video for an EPK. I may use both rigs but for my aggressive hard rock tone I am afraid the Kemper is not going to be as good as my Friedman smallbox. Live thru the pa the Kemper sounds great and I...
  20. cragginshred

To the FOH is the context for me, BUT are any of the higher end units better than micing it -doubtful. I have never heard an IR that is better in the house pa than mic ing the cab
  21. cragginshred

Agreed, the guy saying that seems to think he knows more than he does.
  22. cragginshred

How does one get a good sound with say a Friedman Smallbox head that has a line out to house pa. The manual say there is not simulated cab so but a friend says it sounds great this way, why?
  23. cragginshred

Best Outdoor sound dispersion speakers for regular type pub band?

@sants we talked about the Turbosound units. So My K181's are a huge step up from those, so for now I'm very pleased with them! So the units your talking about will fly in the K181 pole right? Also can i use my K12's on the ground in conjunction with the line array on the pole above the k181?
  24. cragginshred

@sants Dude you are a wealth of knowledge!! So, I would like to keep my 181 subs the suggestions could work with the top and still tie into those right? The subs are fine it's the line array type wide dispersion im looking for.
  25. cragginshred

This instead of my k12's? https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KLA12--qsc-kla12-1000w-12-inch-powered-line-array-speaker