• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. A

National Jazz Blues question

Thanks, sounds like a hassle...for vintage instruments it might be the only way but for newer instruments I think might be wiser to go for one with a trussrod
  2. A

So no worries about non-trussrod Nationals or better look out for a newer one?
  3. A

Anybody has one? I have my eye on a beautiful one from the early 90‘s, but it seems to have no truss rod which seems a bit strange as on Resos sometimes I play 016‘s and sometimes 013‘s....
  4. A

LR Baggs Anthem into a Para DI?

So with the Anthem, the ParaDI is maybe obsolete?
  5. A

Correct, in the Gibson there was the simple under saddle piezo but with a volume pot, sounded aweful direct and the Para helped a lot.
  6. A

I have both and feel the Para DI doesn‘t do much to the sound of the Anthem, as opposed as it did to the Piezo undersaddle I had in my Gibson Southern Jumbo. Someone got rid of the Para DI after switching to a good acoustic guitar amplifying system or am I missing something?
  7. A

Thinking about getting a resonator - is National the way to go?

I have a Michael Messer Lightning and it's indeed nice, but I sometimes play with a friend who owns a National, and that one sounds better and plays better. Ok, you're talking about 4 to 5 times the pricebut....if you can afford a National, get one!
  8. A

Lr Baggs Para DI or Tc Bodyrez?

Sorry...but something got me thinking after I played an acoustic gig yesterday...monitoring was bad as most of the times. Wouldn't therefore an acoustic amp like the Roland Ac or ZT Lunchbox, supposed they have a DI the better option? So one can use tha amp as monitor and go direct to the PA...
  9. A

Thanks for the inputs so far...will see if I can check them all out before buying
  10. A

Thanks, but my guitar only has the volume control in the soundhole, no eq. just the standard stuff Gibson provides on the acoustics
  11. A

Thanks for the inputs!
  12. A

Thanks a lot! So the Baggs might be the better solution. My pickup is active as I have the volume control in the soundhole. I'm not so sofisticated as I just want a more natural soumd through the PA, going direct guitar -PA it's a little brittle sounding
  13. A

looking for something to help my Southern Jumbo with a piezo sound better through a PA. Are those basically similar units or do they complement each other? I consider those as they are quite affordable since I don't play acoustically often
  14. A

New Martin D18 or Gibson J45?

Just traded my D18 for a Southern Jumbo....for me more than worth it!
  15. A

Hummingbird Artist vs Hummingbird Pro?

For what I know the Artist is a stripped down version of the Hummingbird and the Pro has a "Martin"-scale which might be quite different.
  16. A

Republic Resonators

Got a Michael Messer Lightning some months ago, and it' a fantastic guitar! Since you're in th UK, it would also be cheaper and less hassle regarding taxes, import duties, etc. Heard mixed things about Republics, but only good things about MM/Busker. Talk to Robin at Busker, he's very helpful.
  17. A

Low budget Martin or Taylor or Blueridge, Epi Masterbilt etc.?

Thanks for the inputs, might browse a few shops and play some....
  18. A

Low budget Martin or Taylor or Blueridge, Epi Masterbilt etc.?

I'm looking for a nice acustic guitar, dreadnought, in the 500-800 range. It's better to choose from the budget-line of the high-quality builders or go for the "high-line" of a low-buget -manufacturer?