• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. cj_wattage

Valuable guitar gadgets thats not a pedal

I'll second the ebow. Love mine. I'll add: a good capo and slide are really nice to have to expand your tonal possibilities.
  2. cj_wattage

Favourite Tubescreamer?

TS7 is my fave. Classic tones with the option of kicking it up a notch in terms of gain/saturation.
  3. cj_wattage

Ted Weber - a company run by real gentlemen

I'm sure it's nice. But I might try to just build what I need, which is a simple 16 > 8ohm matcher.
  4. cj_wattage

Why is my Rat quieter at the front of the chain?

Yep. At the end of the chain, anything that's added to the noise floor by the preceding pedals and cables is going to get amplified along with your guitar.
  5. cj_wattage

Am I the only one waiting on a flanger pedal?

I've built a few in my day, and my favorite is the BYOC flanger kit. Multiple classic flange tones in one package. And it won't break the bank.
  6. cj_wattage

So what do y'all think about the Dave Mustaine Gibsons?

Yes, I know. I was there then and I'm here now. ;) Shakey is awesome and has a huge following. It's just a different world, as you say. Way back, there were fewer stars and they were much bigger. Now there are thousands of stars and smaller followings. I actually kinda like how it is now...
  7. cj_wattage

Gibson SG Underrated

Late to the party on this thread, but after about 25 years of mostly Strat and other strat-like guitars (and a few years of obsessing over Les Pauls), I ended up buying 2019 Standard SG and it was life-changing. This is the guitar that is perfect for me. So of course nearly immediately I...
  8. cj_wattage

I think a Shakey Graves signature Hummingbird would be pretty awesome. Although I'm not sure he's quite as well known as Slash was at the turn of the 90s. :)
  9. cj_wattage

Favourite Analog Delay?

I've played and owned a bunch, but the one I kept is a XO DMM. I swapped out one of the MN3008s with a MN3005 to push the max delay time a bit more and biased the BBDs a bit more conservatively to make it a bit cleaner. Definitely an under-rated gem of the BBD delay world.
  10. cj_wattage

If you want a no-hand-holding lesson on the rest of the song, this is fantastic:
  11. cj_wattage

Pickup readings are significantly off what they should be.

Lots of good replies here. It's a bit of everything. Your meter is not their meter. Measuring the pickups installed in the circuit is also going to give some variance. And, of course, there is a tolerance (+/-) on the stated measurements. But the good thing is that what you measured is...
  12. cj_wattage

Mini toggle switches - All the same?

Bust it open and have a look at the markings on the switch. Post a pic and crowdsource a solution. :) There are a few different package/footprints for switches generally used in pedals, but I'm pretty sure it can be quickly identified if there is a photo. Also, it could be on/off/on. You could...
  13. cj_wattage

I'm not a V guy at all. So these aren't for me regardless. I like the silver one okay. The green one looks like a Dimebag sig model Dean. Yep. Here's a great breakdown:
  14. cj_wattage

How has your taste changed over the last 10 years?

About 18 months ago, I discovered that I am actually a total SG guy. Would have never thought that in the first 20-ish years I'd been playing. I went from Strat to Ibanez shredder (770dx) to Les Paul, had a brief dalliance with PRS, Les Paul again, enjoyed Tele off and on, then Strat for a bit...
  15. cj_wattage

I still can't pull up the site on Windows with Chrome browser. But it works on my phone (Chrome) and also Windows with Firebox browser. Odd.
  16. cj_wattage

I agree the company (and people) are awesome. But I just went to their website to check out some details on the Z-matcher, and the site seems to be down. I hope it's just a hosting issue. :(
  17. cj_wattage

Thorpyfx fuzz

I don't have a dog in this fight...just chiming in to say that ThorpyFX is great stuff. And, not that this changes the tone or build quality, the owner is a really nice human.
  18. cj_wattage

When an amp you want is listed on Craigslist but it’s priced too high and seller is “firm”

Agreed. This is exactly how I would handle it. Showing that read and understand the listing is clutch.
  19. cj_wattage

NPD: SubDecay Liquid Sunshine Overdrive

Subdecay is one of the best pedals brands out there, in my opinion. And the guy behind is a really nice human as well. Liquid Sunshine is a classic drive pedal. And also definitely check out the Echobox. It's the best PT2399 delay being made right now...again, just my opinion...
  20. cj_wattage

NAD - Phaez Jube 8W 6V6

Bumping this for three reasons: 1) I'm liking this amp *better* then when I first got it, which is not usually how things go. Forever honeymoon? I hope so. It's literally the sound of Appetite for Destruction. Nostalgia is strong with this one. 2) I forgot to tag @ontariomaximus in my...
  21. cj_wattage

NAD - Phaez Jube 8W 6V6

Nothing wrong with Waffle House. What's wrong is that I stole the menu, haha. "Scattered, smothered, covered...waffle on one!"
  22. cj_wattage

NAD - Phaez Jube 8W 6V6

I had a Phaez a couple years back and sold because I got gear lust for...well, I forgot by now (I'm a whore). That one was a 14w Daisycutter and sounded awesome. This one is an 8W Jube, which is a single-ended 6V6 with a clone (modified, but pretty close) of the Marshall Silver Jubilee for the...
  23. cj_wattage

Cmos, Fet, Op amp... What´s all of that?

I would disagree with this. Diode clippers do indeed reduce volume versus no clippers, but they do more than knock down output volume. The most noticeable (to me) change in sound is that with clippers, you get more compression and sustain, which most people would perceive as more "dirt". Another...
  24. cj_wattage

Cmos, Fet, Op amp... What´s all of that?

Pretty good write up! I just wanted to point out for others reading this that in this context, "digital" shouldn't be construed as "digital signal processing" (DSP). It's digital logic operations going on here, and the digital being referred to is the high (1) or low (0) state of the input and...