• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. coyoteblue

Opinions about the Fender 57 Custom Deluxe at Home

Thanks for the feeback. I have some AY7s but no 5751s. I will experiment once I get more a feel for the amp. It is pretty amazing when cranked, and yet lighter than a Blues Junior!
  2. coyoteblue

I have an old Weber Mini Mass. Is there much difference between it and the Two Notes Captor and other newer ones?
  3. coyoteblue

Sounds good. It will be a nice contrast to my SFDR.
  4. coyoteblue

Thanks for the feedback. Will give it a go.
  5. coyoteblue

I'm thinking of buying a used 57 Custom Deluxe mostly for home use. I'm wondering if people who have one are satisfied with it at lower volumes.
  6. coyoteblue

Porter 1960s vs Vintage Custom Strat Pickups

Great, thanks for the info. The regular 60s are probably just fine for me.
  7. coyoteblue

Porter 1960s vs Vintage Custom Strat Pickups

I'm trying to choose between Porter 1960s and Vintage Custom pickups. Has anyone tried both? I'd like to hear what you think the difference is between them. All I know is that the VC are a bit hotter. Is that it? Is the difference very noticeable? Thx.
  8. coyoteblue

The original Catalinbread Belle Epoch!?

I have a Topanga which I believe has the same boost as the Belle Epoch. I also find the sound different in the buffered mode, noticeably more colored than in true bypass, and in a way that I don't like with my Deluxe Reverb. The sound is thicker and the reverb more pronounced. I use the Topanga...
  9. coyoteblue

Catalinbread 5F6

Thanks. Never experienced this before.
  10. coyoteblue

Catalinbread 5F6

I like this pedal but have problems with my fuzz volume when I use it. If I use the 5f6 and set unity gain between it, my Velvet Fuzz and other pedals, great, but if I shut off the 5f6 and use another od, the volume drops a lot below unity for the fuzz among the other pedals. Any idea of how I...
  11. coyoteblue

A Bunch of Catalinbread Preamp Boost Questions

Thanks for the clarification.
  12. coyoteblue

A Bunch of Catalinbread Preamp Boost Questions

Does anyone know what the difference is between the boost offered in the Topanga and the Epoch Boost? Is the Topanga's just a stripped down version? Has anyone out there tried both? Is it worthwhile upgrading for the boost alone? Any ideas of how either compares with the Chase Secret Preamp? Thx.
  13. coyoteblue

Is a Suhr Koko Boost Too Loud for a Clean Amp?

I'm thinking of buying a Suhr Koko Boost and was ready to do so until I saw this video: .... making me think that it doesn't work well with a Deluxe Reverb, which is what I mostly use. Its boost seems way over the top for clean amps in this video. But, I've read others who have this pedal...
  14. RF2

RF2

15. RF4

RF4

16. RF9

RF9

17. RF5

RF5

18. RF6

RF6

19. RF8

RF8

20. RF1

RF1

21. RF3

RF3

22. RF7

RF7

23. coyoteblue

Dr. Z Air Brake and SFDR Problem

I recently bought an Air Brake but it doesn't work properly through my 67 SFDR. The connections are properly done, with speaker wire where needed, but when I turn on the amp I have to go to almost volume 8 before I get sound from the amp. The Air Brake works but it sounds like there's...I...
  24. coyoteblue

Early vs late 70s Strats

Funny you should say that about early 70s strats because at a local boutique shop there are three for sale right now, including a yellow one! And a beautiful '56 strat, which sold for just under $28000 .The prices are pretty high in some cases, but selling...
  25. coyoteblue

Early vs late 70s Strats

I've never played a 50s or 60s strat but my 77 is the first keeper among strats I've owned. There's something visceral in the sound and feel that my other strats didn't have. A body stone. The original pickups were mediocre.