• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. J

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

That video was ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. I’m on board - I’ve never heard tones like that from a modeler without tweaking. And yes - I’ve owned modelers such as the HD500X, Helix, AX8, and Kemper. I’ve got to try it now.
  2. J

Helix update today????

I'm trying to download the firmware. I already have HX Edit 2.51
  3. J

Helix update today????

Same for me!
  4. J

Line6 Helix

I've made a wonderful decision to switch back to Helix.
  5. J

Thinking of making the plunge...again UPDATE: TO HELIX

Appreciate the advice. I will certainly try and see. You are right to make that comment for sure, so here’s to hoping I can keep my commitment!
  6. J

Line6 Helix

Is this all Helix?!
  7. J

Hey all, maybe I should close the thread or something, but I've come to my decision. Thanks to all of your advice/opinions, I have decided I am going to take the plunge with the Helix again. Once I can save up some $$$ I will buy an Axe FX and compare...maybe even make a video comparison if I...
  8. J

Being with how quickly I'm wanting to switch, I may just need to go ahead and sell everything and get a Helix. I could always save and get an Axe FX in the future, which with a MIDI controller would be over $2k, and compare then. I also wouldn't be out so bad if Cliff from FAS releases something...
  9. J

This video honestly impressed me with the Axe FX...and it was the original Ultra model: Plus Edge uses Axe FX and one of my favorite bands as of late, Periphery, use them as well. Just to give you guys an idea of where the Axe FX influence came from
  10. J

I honestly keep going back and forth between Helix and Axe FX...its so confusing! haha
  11. J

Well technically no, see the original post where I made edits. The Vox is no longer owned by the church and my Fender is actually needing some repairs, though not serious I don't think. The idea for me is to replace everything
  12. J

That is great news! Thanks!
  13. J

I appreciate your advice on this, thanks!!
  14. J

So, just to give you guys an idea of what I would want to do: I have played stereo at the church I'm serving at for the past year, using the church's AC15 and my Fender '68 Custom Deluxe. My whole pedalboard was designed around stereo operation. I guess this is why I was so concerned about Dual...
  15. J

I would either use in-ears or the Fender Deluxe my Dad bought me
  16. J

I use in ears from Inearz audio https://www.inearz.com/product/euphoria/ A church I previously served at bought these for me. I planned on just playing with headphones at the house mainly. But if possible I would love to rout the audio through my computer speakers or purchase some FRFR monitors...
  17. J

Well it seems like I may be good either way I go...but being that cost is such a factor at the moment I may be leaning towards Helix. Reverb has a Helix for $1200 at the moment, while Fractal is running a sale on the XL+ for $1799 and Reverb has them for well over that price. I could keep my MC6...
  18. J

Variety, tone, and simplicity are my main points about switching. Plus less cables, no PSU, ground loop prevention, etc.
  19. J

Well it definitely is a willpower thing, but I just feel that if I force myself to go digital that it will make me learn proper EQing and learn how to sculpt my tone as opposed to just flipping OD pedals and all. But I also feel that it will prevent GAS because I’ll have everything available.
  20. J

Sorry, that was my bad. I meant the Axe FX II XL+
  21. J

I love the fact that Helix can act as a USB interface...that is so ridiculously cool. I guess the "what if" factor is bugging me at the moment between Axe FX vs. Helix. However, if I sold everything for Helix I'd have some left over whereas I wouldn't for Axe FX 2 XL+
  22. J

I saw where someone said that you only have a limited amount of blocks in Axe-Edit for presets. Is this true?
  23. J

This is only possible on the rack unit, right? The Morningstar would technically just be for the Axe FX rack if I went to it. If I went the Helix route I would definitely sell it.
  24. J

Wow. Thanks for the in depth response! AX8 is definitely out then if it has less DSP than the Helix. I already make presets for every song, but there are definitely times where I would just want to do a Live mode and just treat it like a normal board. How are the effects in Fractal vs. Line 6? I...
  25. J

I should have definitely went into detail about this, thank you for bringing that up. The reason I sold the Helix is because I did not have a computer at the time to do all of the editing and got tired of doing it all on the unit, even though it was much easier than the Kemper. The quality of...