• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. Bonedance

So.... Telecaster pickups? What do you all like?

While I adore the Twang King neck pickup, like you I found the bridge pickup lacking for what I need. It works well for others, but I need a bit MORE!
  2. Bonedance

So.... Telecaster pickups? What do you all like?

Cavalier, Bootstrap, Lollar are some of my favs. For noisless, the older Dimarzio VV Hot T was excellent in the bridge slot. Love the Twang King neck pickup. For beefier tones, the Dimarzio Pre B1 is real good. Noisless, the Dimarzio Tone Zone T was real good. The split sound gives a great...
  3. Bonedance

First song/riff that you learned on your own...

The very first song I learned by myself by picking up/dropping the needle. picking up/dropping the needle on a 45, was Blues Theme by Davie Alvin and the arrows. Man, was I proud of myself!
  4. Bonedance

Single Coil / P90 for humbucker routes.

Go Bootstrap. Great product, price and service.
  5. Bonedance

Tele pickups with p90 flair

I've tried a few, but (while they did sound good) have yet to be able to get true P90 tones. I've used SK T90, HD S90 and a Rio Dirty Harry. There are a lot of winders offering these. If I was to go that route again, I'd opt for Manlius, Porter or TV Jones. As a side note, I had a first run...
  6. Bonedance

Just got my 1st R9 2020 LP!!!

Congrats! Those are beautiful instruments. Play it in good health!!
  7. Bonedance

The best end-of-chain tone-sweetener?

I hear tell Robert Fripp has (and uses) his SHO every stinking nork....er, night.
  8. Bonedance

You lot do realize Toyah is still waving her norks about?

Every night before bed time, Mr. Fripp sings; "Bomp, bomp, bomp.....another one bites the bust......"
  9. Bonedance

You lot do realize Toyah is still waving her norks about?

IIRC, Pam Dawber from Nork and Mindy had a nice set of norks.
  10. Bonedance

The best end-of-chain tone-sweetener?

I have an old Guyatone micro pedal that's called "A-1 Pre-Amp for guitar pickup". It was designed as a pre for acoustic guitar. I was leaving a pawn shop one day and just happened to see the box on shelf behind the counter. Asked to see it as I had never heard of it before. It came home with...
  11. Bonedance

Why hasn't anyone built a small box exact replica of DL4's looper?

Geeze, I bought a minty, used DL-8 a few years ago for less than the price of Joyo. I'm sorry to say I have to even try the looper feature. I set it to a sweet, modulated delay and have not adjusted the knobs since. Guess I'll have to give the loop a twirl soon.
  12. Bonedance

NGD LaPatrie

Congrats! Great guitars! I had a Concert and an Etude that were simply fantastic.
  13. Bonedance

Have you played with any "famous" musicians?

Backed up Ferlin Husky at a local club in the early 80's and backed up The Drifters in the late 80's.
  14. Bonedance

Best Tele Thinline style guitar?

So many options! I agree about K-Line. Great guitars. Also check out Bob Logan, Ron Kirn, Joe Riggio and about 100 others. So many great options to consider. Also, the CV Squiers are very good guitars at an excellent price point. I put together a chambered (semi hollow, no F hole) 18 years ago...
  15. Bonedance

Thanks Forum, for me not getting chintzled on selling an item tonight...

The majority of my craiglist/offerup sales have gone on without a hitch. Like others here, the few times people have offered less than the agreed price, I have said "Nope, it's not worth it to me to sell it for that"..... Most relent and pay the agreed price, but I have had to pack up and walk...
  16. Bonedance

DR 9.5’s. Dead low E

Let DR know. I had a set of DR acoustic strings where the same thing happened. I wrote them and they were most gracious in resolving the problem.
  17. Bonedance

Strat guys what are your favorite dirt pedals?

My fav three strat pedals are an original Marshall BluesBreaker, Snouse BlackBox 2 and MHP 72 Degrees. While all sound lovely (to my old ears anyway!) from low gain to higher gain, the MHP 72 Degrees seems tailor made for the strat. Another low budget pedal I really like with my strat is the...
  18. Bonedance

When you find a sweet deal on a guitar...

As a long time sufferer of Nomoneyitis, it pains me when my other malady of GAS kicks in. However, I've found many great guitars under $200 over the years and found a way to procure them. A few I still have, but the others have found new homes at double or triple what I paid....and still...
  19. Bonedance

Old Guys Who Still Make New Music

Mark Knopfler is 70 and still kicking ass! Delbet McCLinton is 79 and still kicking major ass. Two of my all time fav's.
  20. Bonedance

Tele setup question

I had the same problem with a partscaster of dubious quality. I didn't feel like shaving the neck or body cavity down, so I wound up putting quarters (vintage style bridge, so 3 quarters) under the saddles to raise it high enough. Looked a bit wonky, but did the trick.
  21. Bonedance

NGD '67 Epiphone Riviera

Stunning guitar. Congrats and enjoy that beauty!
  22. Bonedance

Hi from Italy!

Ciao Gabriele!
  23. Bonedance

Lyric snips that are incredibly powerful

Well I probably should be, Drug out to sea. I can't hurt no one No one can hurt me. At least id be free And probably see, What caused me be so detached completely. Lay low by Shovels and rope
  24. Bonedance

Lyric snips that are incredibly powerful

Make Knopfler Hill Farmer Blues: I'm going into Tow Law To have my fun Don't get me wrong You were the only one Behind my back Lord You made a fool of me Don't do Jack And don't wait up for me