• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. J

Guitar playing rut

That's awesome man! I just played around with it and you are pretty dang spot on!
  2. J

Guitar playing rut

Man that is great analysis! I actually haven't heard that song because I haven't bought Mechanical Bull(shameful, I know!), but after listening to Wait for Me I bought the whole deluxe version! So thanks for the gift of new music already mate! I'll start with Manhattan, I just absolutely LOVE...
  3. J

Guitar playing rut

I see, great advice there too! I think that the guitar is such a fascinating tool for music and can be manipulated in so many ways and evokes such a emotional response...it's what drew me to it in the first place
  4. J

Guitar playing rut

Thanks! I just sat down with my guitar, a pen and some paper and just had a blast. Started with rhythm guitar, bass, and then did the lead guitar and a lot of it made sense! Granted, Kings of Leon aren't the most technical band, but they write some catchy tunes and have some great tone(to me)...
  5. J

Guitar playing rut

Hey guys, thanks for all of your suggestions! I dont know if this is a good way to do it, but I've decided to embrace my over analytical mind and start to analyze the songs I like to learn what they are doing. I've started with Manhattan, Revelry, and Use Somebody by Kings of Leon. I figure it...
  6. J

Guitar playing rut

Thanks so much guys, I will definitely have to check out some of those truefire courses!
  7. J

Guitar playing rut

Thanks so much already guys, some great advice. Dewey - liberating is absolutely the word that I am thinking/looking for. I feel so compelled to learn all the scales and all those things because I have a degree in Music, so I feel like I have to think about everything so analytically...I can't...
  8. J

Guitar playing rut

Hey everyone, I've been playing guitar for around 5-6 years now and am self-taught. I played almost every day for the first 2 years of learning, in fact I played for around 6-7 hours each day just learning songs and having fun with it. I decided I loved guitar so much that I decided to major...