• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. E

G&L Legacy - help please!

I recently purchased a 2011 USA Legacy in mint condition. I want to love this guitar but there are some issues. I’ve already spent some time on the G&L forum but am getting little traction because the site just isn’t that busy (also I posted in the correct forum instead of the “general” forum...
  2. E

Gotten myself into an overdrive pickle...

And I bet this is an all-too-common phenomenon here on TGP. I'll cut right to the lesson: it's probably better to be satisfied with what's already working "well enough" than to burden oneself with the anxiety of finding "the perfect tone" (which doesn't exist...lol). The ridiculous amount of...
  3. E

Strange "Whine" from Bogner Ecstasy Blue Pedal??

I just got a used Ecstasy Blue pedal in the mail. Physically it's in excellent condition. I've already found a couple of great sounds in it too. But, when I switch to the variac mode, it introduces a significant high-pitched whine or squeal to the signal that is not present in any other mode...
  4. E

How does the Boost side of the Rook Royale Compare to the Exotic EP Booster?

Both are based off the Echoplex preamp, and I have been interested in the RR for awhile now. However, I just borrowed my fiend's Xotic EP booster and LOVE what it does to my dirty channel. Does the RR boost side sound nearly identical to the Xotic??
  5. E

What can the Whammy V do that the Pitchfork can't?

In the end the Pitchfork will cost more when paired with an expression pedal, but the fact that you CAN blend the dry signal in is a winner for me. Does the Whammy still win? I think I pretty much only care about octaves and non-blended whammy stuff. But you never know what you'll be into...
  6. E

What's in expression pedal?

Why should I pay $80-120+ for an expression pedal when the Moog is $40+?? Oh…heh heh…also, can I mod my L6 exp to RST? They come ST.
  7. E

Help me decide between two used Teles

In my local CL, there is a minty American Special (blonde) with deluxe gig bag for $650 (seller says firm) and a minty Tele FSR (butterscotch) with (universal) hardshell case for $400 (likely firm as that is a pretty good deal). The American Special has a satin C neck and jumbo frets. The FSR...
  8. E

Budda 212 cab…tell me about it

I'm on a search for a 212 cabinet to go with my VHT Super 30 (not digging the combo aspect of this amp anymore) ALONG WITH the next head I get, which will be something along the lines of Marshall JVM, Mesa Royal Atlantic (gasp!), Suhr PT100…who knows. Point is that I want the next amp to do the...
  9. E

What do I need to know about buying a neckless guitar??

Except for my very first guitar (Squier Strat), I have played set neck guitars my whole life. The whole idea that people just swap around bolt-on necks is just crazy to me! Can't setup and intonation problems abound? Anyway, I have a line on a Chandler Tele body that has the features I want...
  10. E

New Amp? 50W EL34 Head, 2-3 Channels, Great FX Loop

I used to have a Marshall JVM-410H which I liked for the most part, but I sold it to downscale (for a variety of reasons) and have been playing a VHT Super 30 for maybe 5 years now. It's a nice little amp (that has made me a much better player) and I probably won't sell it, but I have just not...
  11. E

What IS "bedroom playing level?"

I'm just curious as to whether or not there is a general consensus as to what this is. For me, invariably I end up turning it up much too loud to even imagine having a conversation over. I know I'll get a lecture, but my ears usually ring after a prolonged playing session. I just like it...
  12. E

Series FX Loops has bleed (VHT/Fryette Content)

I like my Trem and Volume pedals in the loop since I generally get a decent amount of gain from my amp. The trouble is, with the loop engaged there is still some signal being fed to power amp outside the loop. When the volume pedal is heel down, you can still hear the amp. It is not super...
  13. E

Egnater Goldsmith & Rook Royale + Boost quesiton

I did a search and only came up with one post with a comparison, which basically said the Goldsmith has "more mids." I'm wondering if anyone else who has had both would concur. Does the Goldsmith sound mid-humpy like a TS? I have a TS going into my VHT Super 30 (EL84s) and there's just...
  14. E

OD Love from VHT/Fryette Pitbull Super 30 Users?

I know there aren't a ton of people out there with this amp, but for those of you who have it, is there an OD/Distortion you've found that's magic with this amp? I find the TS variety to be a little too honky for rhythm and can get muddy. Looking for something with some punch and (up to) good...
  15. E

Ehx Super Pulsar…almost!

So I picked up one of these and it truly can get a VERY wide range of sounds. The implementation of the pedal's functions are well thought out…MUCH better than others. For example, on the Empress, if you are in preset mode you can no longer use the tap tempo. Not so with the EHX. I could go...
  16. E

QOTSA - Know One Knows Tone (pedal?)

I've been meaning to ask this for awhile…I just love the main guitar sound on this song. What's more, I was BLOWN AWAY when I read how it was achieved for the album. Josh Homme basically requested three of the crappiest solid state amps that could be found for the album, and the producer...
  17. E

Digging the JHS Morning Glory but not the price...

...or that damned blue LED brighter than the sun! It literally screws up your low-light vision on stage. Can't see the pedalboard so good when that thing is on. Anyway, a friend let me borrow his and I've taken to it for really light gain stuff. Adds nice clarity and grit to the guitar...
  18. E

Tremolo Help Please (how do Cusak & Catalinbread SOUND compared to Diamond?)

Been getting back into guitar seriously now (just played casually the past few years for numerous reasons) and am rebuilding my pedal collection. One of my favorite effects is tremolo and I'm having a tough time figuring out the one I want. I got the Wampler Latitude for Christmas. The...
  19. E

Recommend a Replacement for ToneBone Hot Brit

I really dig my TB Hot British, but I really don't dig the size or the wall wart, so I'm looking for something smaller that sounds just as good. It has to be high gain and be able to pull off palm-muted chuggs w/ no problem if needed. The MI Crunch Box is what first comes to mind, but I dunno...
  20. E

CLIP - Wizard Wah: Opinions Wanted!!

Okay, you may have seen the other thread about my new Teese WW. Basically what I am trying to figure out if something's wrong with it, or if it's just me hating the tone of it. IF YOU HAVE ONE OR HAVE PLAYED ONE, please let me know if yours sounded similar to this. My cheif complaints are the...
  21. E

Wizard Wah - Disappointed, does yours sound like this?

Just got an RMC Wizard Wah for Christmas and had great expectations based on its many, many positive reviews. I personally am disappointed and don't think it sounds very good at all, so I wonder if mine may be defective. Those of you who own one, tell me if yours sounds similar to the way I'm...
  22. E

WHERE is the FD2 10th Anni...Where's Yours?

"Pre" ordered mine a couple of months ago from Bananas at Large, and they still don't have an ETA, even though the ETA was mid-Nov when I ordered it. I'm wondering if the peeps that have ordered theirs from other places (e.g. Music Toys) have experienced the same thing. Not that I think...