• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. V

Super Reverb trem intensity acting as master volume?

Okay, got it working. I reflowed a couple suspect looking solder joints in the circuit, and taped off the slightly open ends of the shrink wrap in the trem bug. Sounds amazing now with zero clicking! Thanks for the the advice!
  2. V

Super Reverb trem intensity acting as master volume?

So I have a 1963 SR. The trem didn't work when I got it; the speed and intensity knobs did nothing. When I opened the amp up I could see the neon flash when I first turned on the trem, then it would go dead. I assumed this meant a new "bug" was the ticket so I bought an nos neon bulb and an LDR...
  3. V

Rick Kelly Guitars: PART IV

****. So I made the mistake of playing the damn thing. It's not leaving. Turns out this jerk of a guitar is exactly what I've been seeking in a tele all these years. It kills the other Kelly's I've had—along with, honestly, all the other teles I've had. Wow. I'm once again a believer. I've...
  4. V

Yeah, of the three Kelly Bowery teles I've had, this one sounds, feels, and plays the best. Really snappy and lively.
  5. V

JK! Not for sale anymore because it kills. I'll find something else to sell :]
  6. V

I feel you. I had one of the burn-top bodies for a while and my sleeves were always snagging on little sharp protrusions in the char. I think you're right, too, that though not all of us dig it, many others do and it totally fits with Rick's overall aesthetic. My current Kelly Tele has a black...
  7. V

Perhaps, but small builders don't have to do things your way. You don't have to order from them either. If you want a streamlined experience go with a streamlined builder. You can find a bitchin Fender (by Fender) Telecaster in any decent shop in America that will rival any small build. If you...
  8. V

I have a 2006 Fender Nocaster in addition to my Kelly. Heresy perhaps, but I love the Nocaster and Kelly in equal measure. For classic tele tones, the Nocaster is an absolute monster.
  9. V

I think, at this point, 1.5 years is about average for a Rick Kelly instrument. I'm actually having my old gal reworked: Reclaimed pine body in flat black Reclaimed fir DD no-truss neck Glendale "raw deal" bridge and hardware Glendale replica broadcaster steel saddles Fred Stuart Blackguard...
  10. V

Agreed. Fir it is. Will be having a NGD in a month or three . . . stay tuned
  11. V

Alright, serious stuff here. If you had to choose between fir and maple for neck construction, which way would you go and why?
  12. V

:facepalm
  13. V

That's one of my favorite pics in this whole thread. We need more pictures that capture the je ne sais quoi of Rick Kelly guitars. Mine's currently in Rick's shop having some work done, but I'll definitely snap some pics when it comes home.
  14. V

Beatles fuzz question (Sgt Peppers)

Yeah, most of what you're hearing is that funky REDD (modified Telefunken) console. To get the basic tone going, just grab a good tonebender (MKI or II probably) and play it into a cooking tube amp.
  15. V

My Kelly Tele has a solid rosewood neck. The neck is somewhat dense feeling, but there is no neck dive. My pine body is super light too.
  16. V

Hey, Kelly people. Sad news. I'm in Charleston SC, and my dang garage flooded. Gotta gather emergency funds, so if you're interested in my solid rosewood neck, chumley body Kelly, hit me up. Ivory fret dots, matte black finish, DD neck . . . it's killer.
  17. V

New Keeley Oxblood ! ( Not a Klone )

That's a good looking pedal, coming from a guy who usually dislikes Keeley aesthetics. Thinking Robert may have liked the look of Basic Audio pedals.
  18. V

Analogman Envelope filter

I just wanna know if it can do the Steven Drozd 440 sound:
  19. V

Can someone Explain the Fuzz Factory Please?

The FF is a love/hate pedal, for sure. Jim builds a mean factory! If you decide it isn't for you, PM me . . . Anyway, yes—comp and gate bias the transistors. With both of those down and the stab (voltage) all the way up, you basically have a modded fuzz face. That's a good place to start...
  20. V

The Newest Waza Delay Thread...

I eventually sold my original MN3005 because the bypassed tone lost treble that was crucial for my jangle tones. Hope the new one's better
  21. V

Elvis Costello pedalboard

So underrated. The mesmerizing workshop in tone and melodic phrasing that is the solo in "Sweet Pear" says it all.
  22. V

My Kelly with new body has landed. It's a bit lighter now, and I love the sleek, black look. I imagine the thin nitro will start to wear quickly and make it look even cooler. The big surprise (and there's always one with a Kelly rustic pine) is a pretty gaping hole in the back of the body. You...
  23. V

Yeah. It turned out to be a little too rustic for my tastes—almost like I was playing the side of a pioneer cabin, lol. The guitar is now in my city, but UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays:bonk
  24. V

My Rosewood neck tele is on its way back from Rick. Got a new pine body with matte black "hot rod" finish. Can't wait!