• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. S

How to install a trim pot to lessen the output of a neck pickup

I just got some expensive noiseless Jazzmaster pickups from a major boutique pickup manufacturer - but have found the neck p/u has much higher output than the bridge. I have tried switching them around, lowering the neck and raising the bridge, to no avail. I want to put a trim pot on the neck...
  2. S

How to use external reverb in an Allen and Heath Z10-FX Mixer

This is newbie question I have an Allen and Heath z10-FX Mixer - I'm rehearsing and recording with an acoustic 'trio' - very atmospheric - I want to replace the on-board reverb with something a little better - I was actually thinking of using a Neunaber Stereo 'wet' reverb - a guitar pedal...
  3. S

Atomic Amplifire corrupted firmware update?

Hi folks...Asking if there's a way to physically reset the Atomic Amplifire? The editor can't refresh it. It's in a hung state from what appears to be an interrupted firmware update.
  4. S

Powered speakers for your modeler - another option

I use and Atomic Amplifire - prior to that a POD HD500 I have never used either live - I guess anyone who uses a modeler finally reaches that giant 'elephant in the room' conversation of "how the hell am I going to amplify this thing?" - Tom King had the same question when he first bought a POD...
  5. S

Another K&K Mini preamp question

I recently sent my j-45 off to get a K& Mini installed and the Element removed. I posted an earlier thread where I couldn't get the Element to pick up the high E. As all my other guitars have active preamps I was wondering if I need 'something' to make this optimal. I already have TC Bodyrez...
  6. S

Ongoing Bridge Piezo issues with a J-45 - L.R. Baggs Element

I have an 2008 Gibson J-45 that has always had a problem with the high 'E' not being properly picked up by the L.R. Baggs Element peizo pickup. I have brought it to three different repair people - they have tried shims, re-routing the cavity - even an entirely new UTS pickup strip provided by...
  7. S

Digitech Vocalist Live Harmony Question

I just got one of these units to replace a TC Helicon Harmony Singer - as I wanted the Gold Channel option and the tape slap back the TC didn't provide in that particular unit ( I have owned all of these at one pint or another - still have a Boss VE1). Digitech's support page isn't working -...
  8. S

Can anyone identify this acoustic guitar

I found it in Pauls Boutique - a used guitar store in Ken Market in Toronto. It's a jumbo (I can't tell if it's laminate or not) it has a UTS pickup...it actually has a HUGE sound. Weird logo that says 'Carter 13' - and a very shy web presence.
  9. S

Tech 21 Power Engine Tweeter Mod - same on the Mustang IV?

I put this thread in the 'modelling gear' rather than 'amps, speakers and cabs' section, as it discusses amplifying modelers (Amplifire, Helix, HD500, AXE Effects, Kemper). I have always wanted to try out a Tech 21 Power Engine with my Atomic Amplifire (HD500 before that). I finally picked one...
  10. S

Takamine preamp question

I just got a 1989 Takamine EN30C (my second one of these) The last one was a 1991 version - this one has the 3 band 'brownie' preamp. The battery leads were pretty corroded - so I cleaned them off with contact cleaner and a Dremel tool... still, It makes a lot of intermittent static noise - pops...
  11. S

Wet Dry Wet - Amp suggestions?

My guitarist is putting together wet dry wet system – he’s abandoning his Marshall JCM 100 and Bluesbreaker running dual mono. He’s purchased a Marshall JVM215c tube combo as the dry crunch amp, and he’s looking for two ‘satellite’ solid state amps to handle the stereo effects like M9, Alter...
  12. S

I want to add another output jack to my Fender TLAC Hybrid - Help!

....and I've never done anything like this before. I got a 91' Fender TLAC (Telecaster Thinline Acoustic Hybrid) in a trade - it's a really fantastic guitar, made in Japan for a couple of years in the early 90's. They made some other versions of the Telecaster 'Acoustasonic' later. This has an...
  13. S

Yamaha THR Cabinets for Modelling?

I just noticed Yamaha has a new amp and Cabinets in the THR Series - they have a 1x12 and 2x12. Has anyone had a chance to try one (or two) for Modellers? ( I have an Amplifire )
  14. S

Looking for a really simple 3 button stomp for a Rock-a-Billy Rig

My Guitarist moonlights in a Rock A' Billy band. They gig quite a bit and he wants to simplify his board. He was asking what a good three button multi effects unit to provide Slap Delay, Tremolo and perhaps a boost and/or reverb. He's using a Fender Deville. He doesn't need any drum machines...
  15. S

Amplifire Effect Chain Question?

I'm picking up the AF tonight from the post office. Being pretty excited is an understatement. I have a question about how I should manage my effects. I have an HD500 I want to use for some time based effects, a TC Electronics Alter Ego Delay and a Neunaber Stereo Wet Reverb. Should I put the...
  16. S

Amplifire - is one it's way - a few questions

I bought an Amplifire 5 days ago online but didn't get an acknowledgement from Atomic that they shipped it. After an email inquiry, Tom King I (I assume the owner) said it was shipped that day and tracking information would be arriving shortly. Anyone else had delays in shipping? Emailing...
  17. S

Give me a reason not to throw my POD HD500 in the river

I've had line 6 gear since the first 'Red Bean Pod' came out in the 90's - I drove around to several stores until I found one that wasn't sold out - I think I've owned just about everything they've made. I sort of have a love hate relationship with their stuff. I've tried the Tech 21 Sans Amp...
  18. S

New Allen and Heath Mixer - now no track separation GB/Logic 10

This is going to sound like a Garageband 101, or recording 101 question but I've recorded hundreds of tracks successfully in the past. Then I swapped an old intermittent Mackie out with an Allen and Heath Z10FX. Now my DAW has track bleed. Now every new track I record is also recording the click...
  19. S

Impressions of the Martin OMC 160 GTE with Roland Preamp

I was wondering if anyone has any impressions of the Martin OMC 160 GTE with the Roland 'COSM' - preamp? - I never was aware of Roland making acoustic electronics before - in Martin's none the less. I'm no stranger to mic modelling technology (I use a DTAR Manma Bear - prior to that an Aura...
  20. S

Sigma 000MC-1STE Review - a cheap guitar adventure

This arrived from Renfew Ontario two days ago via Ebay and Canada Post - got it for $289 +$40 shipping. I have been looking for a 000 sized guitar with a cutaway. I played few Martin's - I just couldn't afford them. I'm a Tak collector - so the Takamine Facebook group told me about a so called...
  21. S

Nylon string mystery

I'm primarily a steel string player - but I have a Nylon string Takamine EC132SC - which is one of the nicer Japanese solid backed versions. I like this guitar for one or two specific songs. However nylon string guitars are still a bit of a mystery to me. I can go to a store and $3000 Ramirez...
  22. S

Takamine EAN40c - has anyone else realized how good they are?

I managed to pick up an EAN40C on Ebay from a Pawn shop in Florida this spring for $300! This Little EAN40c has some massive pick damage (soft cedar top and no pick guard) but that just gave it a little more Mojo and it didn't bother me at all. I'm amazed how good this little guitar is...I...
  23. S

Acoustic 9 sting? - fill the remaining 3 holes?

I recently took the E, A, D three octave strings off a Takamine EAN40 12 string Guitar - making it a 9 sting - I bought this guitar on Ebay for 300$ and took my chances - for what ever reason it has always been a 'dog'. I've owned some really nice 12 stings with past (Martin, Guild, Takamine)...
  24. S

D-Tar Equinox/Mama Bear signal chain question

I recently got a D-Tar Mama bear on Ebay after reading the threads on this forum. I was so impressed with with it did to my amplified acoustic tone (previously using an Aura Sixteen) I immediately bought another one AND a D-Tar Equinox from Kijiji from the next Province for a great package deal...
  25. S

Inexpensive OM Cutaway - Alvarez?

I've been wanting to get an OM cutaway, but actually want to stay well below $600. I know I'm limiting my prospects. I like the Martins but I can't stomach the HPL bodies and compressed paper necks. I was talking locally with a guy who has a Breedlove OM Herringbone Plus for $650 (however no...