• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. T

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

At feature I can't live without, at least!
  2. T

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

Been searching....Is there no global EQ on outputs...??
  3. T

Modelers that react to Guitar Volume Changes?

You did engage "Inst" (high z) on your interface when you went direct?
  4. T

About Sennheiser Ew 500 G3 units

Has anyone tried the "Cable Emulation" in the SK 100 beltpacks? If so, could you describe it? Does it sound like cable? I bought the 500 series for the extra bandwidth etc, but the SK 500 (G4) transmitters doesn't have cable emulation in the menu. I do miss having a bit more capacitance in the...
  5. T

Sennheiser wireless camera lavalier mic system...as a wireless in-ear-monitor?

Late answer. You must be thinking of the EK 500 receiver. The EK 100 doesn't have a headphone output. That said. I have the EK 500 receiver. The HP amplifier is pretty weak, so it's only able to handle easily driven HP's. For IEM in mono and low levels it works ok. You could however likely...
  6. T

Just discovered GarageBand. Holy Smokes!

Huh? AAF is the newer format. It does the same as OMF + more (like automation and track names). There's no need to render tracks. Clips will line up exactly where they should.
  7. T

Kemper guys: Can I profile an amp head without a cab (using a load box) and load up an IR for cab?

The JDX 48 doesn't seem to have an output without cab emulation, which makes it kinda useless for direct profiles :)
  8. T

Metheny and Kemper

Haha, seriously? Methinks you haven't used the Kemper much. Or do you feel it's only artsy to turn parameters when they mimic real world parameters?
  9. T

Helix: US warranty change

Ikke i Norge heller. Minimum 2 year warranty. And then an additional 3 years of "reklamasjon" for things that should be expected to last more than 4 years. So, often you'd have 5 years of warranty on these things :cool:
  10. T

Kemper/Axe FX Users: Need recommendation of accurate FRFR headphones

The HD600's are wonderful. However, I wouldn't rely on any headphone for dialling in your sound. The best way I've found for preparing at home, is recording a loop and make adjustments while listening through studio monitors.
  11. T

Kemper Amp Profiling - Assist Needed

Which mid level (price wise) mic do you recommend? An SM57 works fine, as it has done for decades. At least if you don't have a mic preamp (+48v), you need a dynamic mic. Do mic cables (quality) make a difference, if so which ones should I consider? Nah, unless it's ****** quality/faulty. Do I...
  12. T

Help! Classical or acoustic mic'd to my Axe FX

Did you try turning "direct monitor" control to "input" (and set it to mono)?
  13. T

Altering dynamic/frequency response (Kemper video)

Just a heads up on the ducking functionality of the EQ in the Kemper!
  14. T

Loud popping with Kemper

You should either turn all profiles down to match the loudness of those clean profiles, without clipping. Or compress them. You can use the Compressor parameter in the amp section. Those clean sound have much higher peaks than distorted, compressed ones. You sure it's not the input of whatever...
  15. T

I despise my KPA right now

But the "external storage" appears on screen, so you can format them, make backup etc?
  16. T

I despise my KPA right now

Yes. I put the kaos.bin in the OS Update folder, and to initiate update I must insert the USB stick while the Kemper is on.
  17. T

Kemper Question

It's a bit vague, but I think he means how it's displayed on screen. No, I don't think you can change display mode.
  18. T

harsh high end when using a PA speaker for direct tones

I'd say that's slightly above the "harsh" region, which I would put around 3-4 kHz. Though "harsh" may of course mean different things to different people :cool: The problem with shelving and lo pass is that it may also take out the life, air, or whatever one might call it. A more precise...
  19. T

harsh high end when using a PA speaker for direct tones

I've had this problem with most modelers that I've tried. Keeping clarity and definition without sounding harsh. I don't like low-passing and losing top end so I often end up pulling out some (narrow Q) around 3-4 kHz.
  20. T

First full show with the Kemper...my experiences

Seems there's a difference between the Kemper remote and midi foot controllers then. Or maybe it's set up to change slots with CC# ? I'm using midi (ProgramChange#) and any adjustments made is lost as soon as I send a PC#.
  21. T

You may also just copy the whole performance before the show. Tweak and save as needed for the room, keeping your original performance intact.
  22. T

It will revert back to the originally saved settings if you use a foot controller to switch slots. However, if you use the buttons on the Kemper's front panel you can tweak and go back and forth between slots as much as you want without settings being reverted. Even switch to Browser mode or...
  23. T

Can anyone recommend a good Kemper profile for recording acoustic gypsy jazz?

For recording an acoustic guitar? A mic. Just about any cheap mic is better than piezo or whatever pickup system mounted in an acoustic. You may of course blend in bottom end or parts of a pickup signal, but to capture the life in an acoustic you need a mic. If it is in fact a mic mounted on...
  24. T

Kemper profiler amp live - Edgar Winter Band - Doug Rappoport on guitar

Never heard of the guy. One helluva player :banana
  25. T

Several Months with a Kemper and Axe FX ..... something is clear ..... CAB IR's are the weak link ..

I'm not disputing that, but I find it easier to just use an open-back cab :)