• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. T

Prs studio

I played a new Prs studio and it sounded awesome. It is a bit pricey at 4K. Would an older one be the same or is the new one a revamp of it. Anyone have a new one or an older one and can comment on them.
  2. T

Prs Se hollowbody 2 piezo or no piezo

I played a Prs se hollowbody 2 and really liked it. There are none around for awhile with the piezo. Wondering how useful would the piezo be. Looks like a nice add on but for those that have them, is it a must have. it sound good in the clips but how often do you use it and is it worth waiting for.
  3. T

Prs s2 594 vs s2 594 thin

Does anyone have one of these or played them and can comment on them if they like them. Not exactly sure in the tone what the difference is.
  4. T

Boss BF-2 flanger vs Chorus

I been using a Boss BF-2 flanger for years to get a chorus sound as well as a few songs with flange. Would a chorus sound much better? I never had one and recently added a Mxr phase 95 and the sound is really lush. I’m wondering is a chorus would add a lusher sound or is the flange with regen...
  5. T

SG 61 reissue or Prs s2 594

Any owners of the 61 SG want to comment on them? How is the neck? is it this or thick. How does it sound. how is the the quality. And how does it feel playing. Was thinking about getting one or PRS s2 594. any advice thanks
  6. T

Jimmy Paige white tele

Does anyone have a Jimmy Paige white tele and can comment on it It they like it and why. I’m looking for a tele and try to decide. I played one a year ago and liked it.
  7. T

Hx effect vs M9

Is there a huge difference in sound from a m9 to hx effect? I have used a m9 for years and mostly used the tape delay, dimension chorus, flanger, and other mods. I see the m9 on a lot of pros boards and they always have a jhv mod on them. Which is not offered any more because of reliability...
  8. T

Md200 or Teraform vs individual pedals

i am looking for a chorus sound. I have a boss bf2 flanger and it gets close. I am thinking of a boss md200 or terraform, would I be better off just getting a chorus pedal? I might Use the term or phase but not a lot.
  9. T

Mixer size help

I have a yamaha mg10/2 older mixer which works great but no effects. I used it the other week with 2 powered speakers 2 mics and 2 acoustic guitars and ran a cable from the st out to another alto mixer which I then put 4 mics in and a keyboard. There are 4 other inputs on this mixer I could have...
  10. T

Monitor screen for Mac book pro

I’m looking to get a new monitor for my 2015 MacBook Pro. Was wondering which size 27 or 24 and what resolution do I need. I use it mostly for learning guitar on vids dvd and YouTube and Logic Pro.i May do more logic in the future but with only a few tracks. I have a 21 inch Samsung now and...
  11. T

M9 can Hx effects can pod go

I have an m9 I use and thinking about upgrading. The m9 still seems to work and sound good. Should I get an hx effect or the pod go. The pod go seems nice in the demos. any advice in which one. I like the price of the pod go and read all the post but since they are not out yet hard to say how...
  12. T

Silversky owners

are you still loving them after having them for awhile. I’ve played them in stores and like them a lot but already have a 5v Avril strat anniversary model and a g & l legacy. I still want one but wondering if they are sill being played a lot and any of them have any issues. Tom
  13. T

Fender concert Replacement speaker

looking to replace a very heavy 19lbs Evm12s in a Rivera concert. Looking at an eminence em12n neo which was designed to replace an ev or a wgs et90. Any thoughts? My main goal is to cut weight off it and these 2 do it and keep a good sound. It sounds great and loud now but at 73 lbs is hard to...
  14. T

Custom shop strats

Anyone have a custom shop Clapton strat and have compared that to an artist version. Is it much different and worth the difference. On a new artist model vs used custom shop is 400-500 difference. I played both and like both. The custom shop seemed a notch above the artist. I have no experience...
  15. T

Fender concert - 12 speaker replacement

Looking to replace an evm12s speaker that weights 19 lbs in my Rivera version Fender Concert. The amp weighs 73 lbs but sounds really good. I’ve been looking at 2, a wgs Et90 and an eminence evm12n neo which was designed to replace the ev. Any suggestions on which one or something else. The...
  16. T

Favorite Silve Sky Color

I would like to get a silver sky and can’t decide what color I like best . I seen the red, silver, white and black in person and like them all but red the best. I haven’t seen the new colors yet but like the blue and gold. Which is your favorite color.
  17. T

Small amp for live

looking for a smaller combo amp to play live. My amp is just too heavy and I need to upgrade. I have 2 small amps a fender concert at 60 watts and weighs 73 lbs with and Ev 12 and a Mesa 5:50 that weights 53 lbs. Weight is a critical factor taking in and out of my basement. Both sound...
  18. T

Smaller and lighter amp options vs speaker change to fender concert.

I play out at most 5 or 6 times a year. Last weekend was one of them and I used my fender concert with an ev12s. The amp is on casters but weighs 73 lbs and is very heavy lifting out of my basement. The amp sounds really good but I need to do something. Was thinking I could get a lighter speaker...
  19. T

Martin 000-28ec Clapton

Any Martin Clapton fans out there. Been thinking of getting one or an M36. I like both. Wondering for those who have them how they like them. I already have a 000-18 and was wondering how much different it would be. I’ve played them and like them by didn’t have my 000-18 with me.
  20. T

Eric Johnson semi hollow

i seen Eric Johnson in Baltimore last week playing his new semi hollow. It sounded fantastic. He played it the first set and played is 54 the 2nd set. I think the semi hollow sounded better. Has anyone got to play one and can comment. I played a maple EJ I. A store last week and it was very very...
  21. T

Prices on reverb

is it me or do prices of guitars seem way over priced on reverb? What kind of offers do you make on a for sale guitars on reverb or even this forum. Do you offer 10, 20 % less to see what happens or go higher? Wondering how to make an offer that doesn’t seem like low balling. I guess it depends...
  22. T

Tele with HB in neck

any thoughts on these. I am thinking of looking for one with a maple neck. I am not sure what models to look at. I seen the new professional with 2hb and it was nice and see one at wildwood thin skin. Does anyone have a maple neck tele with a HB in the neck position and can comment. I know...
  23. T

American standard strat vs American professional strat

Any thoughts on the new professional strat vs the American standard. Thinking of getting a strat and liked both. I liked the ebony fret board one they had at guitar center in sss. Wondering if I should pay a bit more and get a Suhr, grosh, etc or just stick with a fender or wait to see what Prs...
  24. T

Strat - which one American Standard or clapton

i found 3 nice strats. Never really played a clapton before but found a 2005 black one that was mint and very nice sounding. And an American standard white one 2010 and a 96 surf green one. All nice. The Clapton really played nice and had a much thicker sound. Also had a tapping noise like a...
  25. T

Fender professional strat sss vs hss

Has anyone bought a new professional strat. I played a few in guitar center and liked them a lot especially the neck and frets and pickups. I liked both the sss and the hss with a slight edge going to the sss. The sss had an ebony fret board which I liked. It must be a guitar center exclusive...