• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. GrungeMan

What Happened Feb 7...

...57yrs ago on this date???
  2. GrungeMan

Neil Young Sells The Copyright...

... to 1180 songs for $150,000,000 to Hypgnosis Songs Fund. From Thrasherswheat.org it states he sold 50% of the rights to his catalogue. I think there is also a clause in there not to sing for Pepsi, Coke... seriously. With so many big names artists selling their product there is no doubt in...
  3. GrungeMan

Yes Members Past n Present Launch New Prog Band...

Billy Sherwood-bass & vocals, Jon Davison-vocals, Jay Schellen-drums(all of whom r currently members of Yes) Jimmy Haun-guitar(previously worked with Yes) Dave Kerzner-keyboards have started a new band called Arc of Life & they have recorded their debut album which consists of 10 tunes. This...
  4. GrungeMan

Happy 75th Neil Young(list of other ageless 75+ rockers still rocking...)

Neil Young joins the growing list of 60's "Classic Rock" musicians who r in their mid(and older) 70's. Keep on Rockin Neil... Thought I'd compile a short list of over agers still with us, still rockin... Bill Wyman 84 Garth Hudson 83 David Frieberg 82 Ian Hunter 81 Gordon Lightfoot Ringo...
  5. GrungeMan

Looking For Music Info on Billy Sherwood ...

... as in Lodgic, World Trade, Circa & solo projects. Any one familiar with these ??? I sense a new music buying spree is in my future as I just completed an 835 sq' install of new birch hard wood flooring ...
  6. GrungeMan

Live Rust 40yrs Ago

Get this in before Nov ends, Live Rust was released Nov 14 1979. Another great live album from the 70's... My my hey hey... Oh to live on... I am a child... Comes a time... Well I dreamed I saw the silver... When you dance... He's a perfect stranger like a... I've seen the needle...
  7. GrungeMan

Yes Fans...

... have you heard "From a Page" yet? If you don't know yet, Oliver Wakeman finished four previously recorded demos and had them added as a mini to the live album "In the Present". I've heard one tune and thought it was good. Ahem edit: Can anyone else add to this???
  8. GrungeMan

Robbie Robertsons Sinematic

To my ears Robertson hits one outta the park here! Sinematic is funky bluesy soulful and jazzy. Big name support from Van the Man, Derek Trucks, Doyle Bramhall II, Palladino, Jim Keltner, Howie B plus half a dozen others. Two Canucks Alfie Jurvanen & Felicity Williams do most of the backing...
  9. GrungeMan

On This Day 40yrs Ago...

...in musical history, Rust Never Sleeps was released. Hey Hey My My, Rock n Roll can never die...
  10. GrungeMan

DAC Interface ???

What DAC are you using between your centuries old stereo and laptop/computor/cell??? This is not for headphones. I want to give the internet stream/download a try and run it thru my stereo... Cost???
  11. GrungeMan

Dylan & Young Co-Headling July 12 & 14 in...

...Hyde Park London and Nowlan Park Kilkenny Ireland. Hope they do a few numbers together, should be interesting...
  12. GrungeMan

RIP Elliot Roberts

Elliot Roberts 76, long time(52yrs)manager of Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, CSNY, Eagles, America and many others... passed away on this summer solstice. RIP Mr Roberts
  13. GrungeMan

50yrs Ago Today...

...Crosby Stills Nash was released, oh how time :bong flies...
  14. GrungeMan

50 Yrs Ago Today NY & Crazy Horse...

... released Everbody Knows This Is Nowhere, la la lah, la la lah laah... They recently recorded a yet unnamed album to be released in Sept, Nils Lofgren has rejoined the Horse in place of retired Frank "Pancho" Sampedro...aaand... the Horse will soon be outta the barn as a tour is in the...
  15. GrungeMan

Buddy and Julie Miller Projects...

Just picked up four Buddy Miller and three Buddy and Julie Miller projects to listen too whilst I finish off a set cupboards for Mrs Grungy's art/sewing studio. Lots of vocals from someone by the name of Emmylou(with a voice like an angel ;)) other backers; Lucinda Williams, Patty Griffin, Daryl...
  16. GrungeMan

Neil Young Archives is Live Streaming...

... Neil & Crazy Horse tonight @ 9:30est(?)from Winnipeg for $1.99. Nils Lofgren has rejoined the Horse, remember he was there in the earliest of CH history... When we got to Winnipeg, I checked into school, wore whitebucks on my feet, when I learned the golden rule...
  17. GrungeMan

Wetton/Downes: Icon Projects ???

Wetton/Downes, Icon 1, 2, 3 & Urban Psalm. Since Chris Squires death I've been searching for new Place Prog music, found many Squire side projects and recently stumbled onto these. Any one have/heard these? Opinion?
  18. GrungeMan

David Crosby & the Lighthouse Band...

... deliver another jem on the album "David Crosby, Becca Stevens, Michelle Willis, Michael League. Basically it's a spacey jazzy lush acoustic venture with souring lilting four part harmonies, a carry over from the 2016 Lighthouse album. Becca Stevens vocals will remind you of another female...
  19. GrungeMan

Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Rolling Stones...

... The Who, The Kinks, Cream, Blind Faith, Derek & the Domino's, Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, Byrds n Buffalo Springfield, Poco, CSNY, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Joni, Gordon Lightfoot, The Guess Who, Van Morrison, The Allmans, The Band and the Grateful Dead... Glad I...
  20. GrungeMan

Van the Man Releases 3rd album in 7-months

Vans been busy of late he released another album "You're Driving me Crazy" his 3rd in 7-months and it's co-credited to Joey DeFrancesco who is on Hammond. Roll With the Punches and Versatile were released Sept & Dec 2017 both of which had Morrison originals and reworkings of jazz standards. The...
  21. GrungeMan

Marshall 4x12 Baffle Thickness?

Having an "Oldtimers" episode??? How thick is the baffle on a Marshall 4x12 cab? Please & Thanks
  22. GrungeMan

Neil Young "The Visitor"

This is the 2nd studio album backed by Promise of the Real, Lukas Nelson's band with brother Micah(Willies' two sons)... it's goes from clunky bombastic to sweet & gentle. The song genre & time signatures change from song to song and within the songs. The barker and the colored balloons makes a...
  23. GrungeMan

The Many Faces of Yes cd (disc 3: Pink Floyd content)

Any one give this a spin yet? I just picked it up, released in 2014 it's a 3-disc volume: Disc 1: "BBC Sessions 69-70", previously released on it's own. Disc 2: "Projects Before and After Yes", basically songs from various Yes members solo/band(6-Wives/Asia) projects. Disc 3: "Playin Their...
  24. GrungeMan

Hello Darkness My Old Friend...

I just reread the lyrics of this song the context, depth... Where did this music go? The writing, melodies, harmonies.. all MIA ???
  25. GrungeMan

Steve Winwood Solo Catalogue???

I have his 1rst and Arc of a Diver all of which I like. I am familiar with Talking Back the Night, Back in the High Life and Roll With It, none of which I like... too much top 40 Pop drivel. Question is; What is the rest of his solo catalogue like?