• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. NoahL

No EQ on clean channel Peavey Classic 20

Thank you everyone. It was $200, but someone swiped it before I could figure out whether to jump.
  2. NoahL

Right -- he must mean when the Boost switch is engaged you get EQ, not otherwise.
  3. NoahL

I saw one in CL priced nice but has no EQ on the clean channel. Seller says it "might need a couple new resistors." Is he likely to be right? Or could this turn into an expensive fix?
  4. NoahL

Help me find a speaker for a radio

bump for help. i can't believe i stumped everyone.
  5. NoahL

Help me find a speaker for a radio

Why is this so hard? I have a mid-70s Panasonic RF-1150 radio http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/rf1150.html and it needs a new speaker. Last time, I went to my local Radio Shack and got a cheap 6" speaker with a magnet that was maybe 2" across and 1" deep. It sounded fine, but...
  6. NoahL

Senior moment: can't remember the name of a Fender amp I had

A while ago I traded some guitar stuff for an amp. It was a Fender from maybe (?) 20 years ago, and it wasn't a top-end amp by any means. It had a 12" Fender speaker, was heavy as hell, I think it had some solid state features but it also had two or three tubes, one of which was quite large and...
  7. NoahL

Peavey Classic 20?

How loud does it get with headroom? Enough to play a bar gig? Prolly not?
  8. NoahL

Peavey Classic 20?

Anyone familiar with this little member of the Classic family? Don't see 'em often...
  9. NoahL

Clark Amps.....show me da money

There was a Lil'Bit in the Emporium a couple months ago. Price dropped to $600 a the time.
  10. NoahL

Best way to clean tweed covering?

Sorry if there's already been a thread like this, but I searched and coudn't find it. Is there anything special to clean a tweed with? Or should I just spray some Windex on a rag?
  11. NoahL

Traynor/Peavey/Boogie: what would you do?

I'm selling or trading a guitar and have a bunch of options. Before I start having guys lug their amps to my house, maybe I can eliminate some work for everyone. One guy thinks his Peavey Classic 30 -- all stock -- is worth $400. I don't think so. (They rarely go this high on eBay, and usually...
  12. NoahL

Valvetrain Concord...any opinions?

bump
  13. NoahL

Suggest a tube type and maker

I have this little Peavey ValveKing Royal 8. They're supposed to come with Sovtek tubes (I read), but this one has a JJ ECC83 in the preamp hole, not Sovtek. Has the Sovtek EL84 going out. I replaced the latter with a JJ, but the distortion tone is still nasty to my ears. Even when I can get...
  14. NoahL

is there such a thing as a good amp under 100$

Peavey Royal 8 is $99 including shipping from Musician's Friend RIGHT NOW. Just bought one.
  15. NoahL

Best, littlest Mesa Boogie?

And cheapest? I want the Boogie sound, but I want a small amp. Would it be the Studio 112? Anything even simpler? I'd rather have 12" speaker -- don't even know what they made with a 10". You get what I'm after.
  16. NoahL

Peavey Bandit 112 Solo Series: Value? Manual?

I have a Bandit 112 with the Sheffield speaker. I probably want to sell it, but I see them going for anywhere from $75 to $225 on Craigslist. This one's in perfect shape except for the midrange knob has been snapped off at the shaft -- to adjust it you need to put a thin-blade screwdriver there...
  17. NoahL

Vox DA5 modders -- which 8" speaker sounded best in yours?

I used a coping saw. Took about five minutes. Be careful, as those little blades want to run off course. The particle board baffle isn't particularly dense, so the blade moves pretty quick. Actually, filing the opening to be smooth after the sawing was done took longer than the sawing. I did a...
  18. NoahL

8 ohm. I did have to make new holes -- didn't even have to drill them, really. The baffle is particle board, and I just made pilot holes with an awl. The screws aren't more than a half inch long.
  19. NoahL

It's just like what a few other people have said in here: less boxy and "small." So far I'm mostly playing on the Clean settings because I'm still finding the Blues settings need some tweaking (like to reduce the attendant noise) and I haven't studied the manual enough yet. But the Clean...
  20. NoahL

A bump. I bought the Weber Signature Alnico 8 and I took a coping saw to the baffle to enlarge the hole. It just bugged me that there was as much as an inch and a half of the speaker covered; I'm sure the effect on the tone was small -- but audible. It's a great amp now. Now if I can just figure...
  21. NoahL

Just trying to make sense of a lot of contradictory threads here and elsewhere. I see the Weber Sig and the Blue Pup mentioned, but the Pup's $10 more -- is it worth it here? Hey, also wondering if anyone widened the baffle opening. You can't do it all the way around, but you could make it 8"...
  22. NoahL

Electro Voice Force 12 in a Blues Jr. -- thoughts?

bump for any new readers
  23. NoahL

But better, I assume, than the stock Fender speaker? How did the Force 12 come up short for you?
  24. NoahL

Anyone have experience with these speakers?