• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. D

New Nut Files look promising.

I just bought a set of these but haven't tried them yet. The look very promising and were affordable compared to SM's diamond nut files... On backorder at SW but I found a set at ZZounds...
  2. D

WTB Vintage 50’s Les Paul Special TV Yellow Single Cut

Please PM me if you are interested in selling. Thx!
  3. D

Fret End Filing Advice PLS!

How do I file/smooth this part of the fret without marring the finish? The tangs are all flush and not sticking out... it's the bottom part of the fret that I feel...
  4. D

Sold Line 6 Sonic Port Mobile iOS Guitar Interface - $39

Barely used Line 6 Sonic Port Guitar Interface Asking $39 Shipped and PP'd. FEATURES 2-in/2-out audio interface with 24-bit/48kHz audio quality 1/4” guitar/bass input with 120dB of dynamic range 1/8” stereo line input 1/4” mono-stereo guitar/line-level output 1/8” stereo headphones output...
  5. D

Sold iRiG HD2 Guitar Interface

Barely used iRiG HD2 Guitar Interface. Includes cable for iOS devices. Asking $75 Shipped and PP'd. Features The sequel to the best-selling iRig interface 1/4” instrument input for use with guitar, bass and other line instruments 1/4” amplifier output for use with an external amplifier...
  6. D

Sold BYOC Build Your Own Clone Crown Jewel Factory Built w/ 6 Boost Modules & Dry Blend Knob

Mint condition BYOC Crown Jewel Boost/Distortion Pedal w/ Dry Blend Knob (assembled by BYOC). Includes 6 Boost Modules - LPB Module (needs assembly) Linear Power Booster - Treble Booster (based on Dallas Rangemaster) - Electra (based on the Electra Distortion) - Hard Clipper (this module is...
  7. D

Sold Gibson Custom Shop 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul V1 VOS - Deep Cherry Sunburst

Just bought a McCready LP so unfortunately have to sell this amazing guitar... As-New, No Issues, No Dings, Dents or Fretwear. 100% original. The neck is outstanding! .870” at the 1st fret and .980” at the 12th. No shoulders and feels great. 8lbs 5oz Asking shipped and PP'd - No Trades Please.
  8. D

Speaker Rec for ‘66 Deluxe Reverb similar to Original Oxford?

I only use this amp at home and am looking for something similar to the original Oxford (not another Oxford). Is there a Low Volume, Low Power, Less Efficient replacement speaker? I tried the Celestion V30 and Alessandro GA64 but they are both LOUD and too much... Thx for any advice!
  9. D

Sold Fender 60th Anniversary American Vintage 1954 Stratocaster Sunburst - Mint!

Fender 60th Anniversary American Vintage 1954 Stratocaster Sunburst. This guitar is SUPER CLEAN and in MINT condition. No Fret Wear, No Dings or Dents. Stored in it's case, smoke free, humidity controlled. I am the original owner. Bought to collect and never played. Plastic still on the back...
  10. D

Weak or thin sounding High E on vintage ES-330...

Any tips for fixing a weak or thin sounding High E string on a '60s ES-330? Saddle and nut seems fine... using .010s... I know 330s sound kind of 'woody' but would love a little more zing and treble on the E and B strings,,, Talking unplugged but it also comes through when plugged in.
  11. D

Any tips for Ageing a 5-way Switch?

I want to put a 5-way switch in a vintage Strat.... Any tips for getting that aged patina on the shaft of the 5-way that sticks above the pickguard? I obviously don't want to destroy the switch or damage the contacts... Any advice appreciated!
  12. D

‘66 Tele with vintage wiring - change to modern? (Pics Added)

I have a ‘66 Tele with the original wiring... I don’t use the dark tone position and I do like the sound of the modern middle, both pickups position. Is it difficult to switch to modern? Will it open the tone up a bit as far as clarity?
  13. D

What do YOU do to a Vintage guitar when you first get it to make it playable?

I have found that several vintage guitars I have purchased need a lot of TLC to bring them back to life... It often takes weeks and constant tweaking to bring them back to life to the point where they don't feel like crusty old antiques... The first and obvious is a string change... most...
  14. D

High Quality Screwdrivers for Guitar Work?

Can you all recommend some high quality screwdrivers for setup work? Getting sick of my master mechanic #2 x 4 slipping out of screw heads that aren’t perfect. Would like a nice set especially for vintage instruments where you need a good grip. Thx!
  15. D

Vintage style Strat tremolo setup question

Whether floating or decked to the body there is sometimes a situation where the whole assembly will tilt or dip towards the vibrato bar (when pressing the bar downwards). Is that a result of the springs being too tight or the mounting screws being too tight or too loose? What is the fix...
  16. D

Vintage Fender fret removal question

I know the pre-'82 Fender frets went in sideways from Bass side towards Treble side... What is the best way to remove them? Is it to keep going the same direction (Bass to Treble) or to tap them out from Treble side to Bass side reversing the direction they went in? I've seen it done both ways...
  17. D

Did my First Refret... Some Questions and Observations

Had some time (obviously) this weekend and went ahead with my first refret... It was a rosewood neck from an old acoustic (removable). I got it done but have a few observations and questions... - Got the frets out fine... Heat with soldering iron and a little water for steam. Came out easily...
  18. D

Sold Fender Custom Shop 1960 Telecaster Custom Journeyman Relic - 3 Tone Sunburst

2018 Fender Custom Shop 1960 ('60) Telecaster Custom Journeyman Relic in 3 Tone Sunburst. Excellent Condition, No Issues, No Fret Wear. Handwound Pickups. Weighs 7lbs, 6oz. Includes OHSC, COA and All Case Candy. 3 Color Sunburst, Double bound Alder body, 60′s Oval C shaped 5/4 quartersawn...
  19. D

New Stewmac Understring Fret Leveler... thoughts?

https://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Tools/Tools_by_Job/Tools_for_Fretting/StewMac_Fretbar_Understring_Leveler.html Looks cool... I would guess you still need a straight neck or else it will wack just the ends?
  20. D

Sold Gibson Custom Shop 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Standard - Orange Sunset Fade VOS

Gibson Custom Shop 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Standard - Orange Sunset Fade. - Handpicked Top! Absolutely Killer, 3D Flame Top. Weighs 8lbs 4oz. Very Dark Bolivian RW Fingerboard. Excellent + condition, No Fret Wear, 100% Original. All perfect except for one small, slight impression on the...
  21. D

Sold 1964 Fender Jazzmaster - All Original - 3 Tone Sunburst

1964 Fender Jazzmaster in 3 Tone Sunburst. All Original Frets still have plenty of life left. Weighs 7lbs, 11oz.. Neck Dated 4 DEC 63 B Pots dated 10th week and 21st week of '64 Setup with .11s and ready to go! Includes Original Hardshell Case (White Tolex). Asking $ Shipped and PP'd. No...
  22. D

Anyone Read Will Kelly's most recent VG Magazine column? Fretboard Reconditioning Technique

Shop of Hard Knocks... Basically talking about a fretboard reconditioning technique that he got from Bill Crook. Cleaning board with 3-in-1 oil, then Mixing 3-in-1 Oil with Paste Wax (until it is a toothpaste-like consistency), applying to fretboard and letting it dry, then hand buffing...
  23. D

Pls help identifying these pedals!

Mike McCready - Pearl Jam Thank you! 19D4B6D8-0854-42AF-B67D-264D04F4FB46 by davidos posted Jul 6, 2019 at 3:40 PM
  24. D

Sold Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature Model - Flame - 2018 Natural Flame Top!

Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature Model Flame 2018 Natural Flame Top Mint Condition - As New - Zero Issues. No Fret Wear. Weighs 7lbs. 3oz. Killer Flame Neck! Amazing Guitar, Plays Effortlessly, Rings Out and Feels Great! SOLD Shipped and PP'd. No Trades Pls (selling to fund recent...
  25. D

Sold 2019 Danocaster T-Style - Natural/Maple - Broadcaster/P90

AS NEW 2019 Danocaster T Style. Absolutely fantastic guitar. Only selling to fund a vintage Esquire that I bought while this one was being built. :-( Original owner, Zero Issues, No fret wear, Stored in smoke free, humidity controlled room. 6.6 lbs 2-Piece Ash Natural .83C Neck, 9.5 Radius...