• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. Mayfield

Names of bands I plan to form when I get the time

We have an awesome local band called Harmonica Lewinski. Great musicians with a great band name.
  2. Mayfield

First gig in 8 1/2 months...the good, the bad and the ugly

Truth to this!!!! I never realized the stamina and conditioning I built up gigging for years. We regularly played 3.5 to 4 hour gigs with only a 20 min break in the middle. And I would feel it a bit the next day, but nothing bad at all. We had a recent rehearsal for a new project to get...
  3. Mayfield

Hendrix Marshall Amp

Good points! Yes, V and R is based in Europe.
  4. Mayfield

Hendrix Marshall Amp

I don't really keep an eye out for vintage gear, let alone gear that was one owned by legends, but ran across this on IG and couldn't believe it!! ****NOT advertising or promoting anything here, for the sake of discussion only**** If I won the lottery, I def think I would pick this up for the...
  5. Mayfield

RIP Phil Naro

https://loudwire.com/talas-singer-phil-naro-dead/ Sad day for music. Chatted with Phil a handful of times at various local gigs over the years, and he was always a pure gentleman and very kind. So sad to see him go. A lot of projects in the pipeline and he was more active than ever right...
  6. Mayfield

Tom Bukovac’s Homeskoolin’ series = best thing on YouTube, sharing Guitar Wisdom

I am unnaturally excited for this album as well. TGP will account for at least 3k in sales! LOL.
  7. Mayfield

Got Wa-Wa? Short YouTube w/Hip band Jammin' Funkadelic. In no way is playing my Wha dated ... (Groovin' audience included)

YES on the point for drummers!! Right groove and right dynamics for the room. Singers did not have to blast so they could hit the right tones/volumes for that song. The guitar parts could still be heard. Well done indeed.
  8. Mayfield

Got Wa-Wa? Short YouTube w/Hip band Jammin' Funkadelic. In no way is playing my Wha dated ... (Groovin' audience included)

Agreed but you know that dude is a TGP member assessing all the gear everyone is using on stage, etc, etc. Hahahaha
  9. Mayfield

Are you related to any famous musicians? Share if you feel so inclined.

Not related to anyone famous/musicians, but does it count at all if I used to work with James Hetfield's ex, that he wrote Nothing Else Matters about, or that my Aunt dated Paul Kanter for a long time? Or that a different Aunt used to hang out at the Grateful Dead's house a lot and was a...
  10. Mayfield

Are you happy that you never "made it big"? Ie: Rolling Stones, Bad Company, Metallica, Johnny Cash. Known nationally/world wide 30 to 60 years

LOL I actually thought the opposite. It was nice to read how many folks appreciate the family aspects of life as well as knowing themselves well enough to avoid some of the cliche pitfalls of touring/road life.
  11. Mayfield

Young Bands That Aren't Greta Van Fleet

I know many of these have already been mentioned, but I will send more love their way. Rival Sons are absolutely my favorite newer band since I first saw them in 2010. Albums keep getting better and better and live they are just incredible. Great bunch of guys that take great care of their...
  12. Mayfield

Young Bands That Aren't Greta Van Fleet

The Wild's latest album was my album of the year last year, hands down. They are FANTASTIC live!!!
  13. Mayfield

Are you happy that you never "made it big"? Ie: Rolling Stones, Bad Company, Metallica, Johnny Cash. Known nationally/world wide 30 to 60 years

This! Similar story on my end from 90-94. Then as a reference, these last ten years I was on the road for work. Domestic and international. Living that life with a wife and kids was really tough. The pandemic shut all of that down and I am really thankful for being home more and really...
  14. Mayfield

LOVE that song, so let me just say THANK YOU for your contribution and impact on me as lover of all things fuzz and music from that time period. I am a 49 year old nerving out right now! And your insights are really spot on. I have a few friends that are professional musicians in national...
  15. Mayfield

Violet Grohl and Dave doing an X tribute

Agreed!!! Annnnnd, the thought that her first song she ever recorded was on THAT Neve console in 606 studios......sheesh
  16. Mayfield

I realize why there isn’t the same investment in groups anymore (Aerosmith content)

Great post and very accurate. If you can believe it, my old band, a cover band that did occasional originals, got offered a 360 deal. We had no idea that there are national touring cover bands doing really well on the private/corporate scene. Scary Pockets comes to mind as one of the better...
  17. Mayfield

Cover bands.....Who chooses your song list?

LOL...love that. And correct, if you are in a dance band, it's all about keeping folks on the floor. However, strategically placed songs that may give folks a break to drink is always appreciated by the venue and helps balance out the set.
  18. Mayfield

Songs with important techniques every player should know about

Playing Earth Wind and Fire songs, Parliament songs, and Bruno Mars songs all brought different aspects of funk and pop elements into my style that I was not used to playing. It develops the right hand as much as the left and has universal applications.
  19. Mayfield

Band merch

We were similar in that my previous band really wanted to sell or throw out shirts at our gigs. I thought it might be a waste of money, but we all aligned. The band went separate ways back in 2019 and I saw one of our shirts on someone at our local grocery store two weeks ago. Hey! We had...
  20. Mayfield

The Sex Pistols made my list. And I love Steve Jones!!! So instead we play a Neurotic Outsiders song or two to scratch that itch.
  21. Mayfield

Not against pop music as it actually help diversify my guitar playing quite a bit and many of the songs are really fun to play as they break you out of typical rock styles of playing patterns. Just doesn't raise the hair up on my arms, so it got old for us.
  22. Mayfield

My last band was pretty similar to this as we were a party band that did very well for about 6 years. We had great gigs, especially the big money corporate gigs were absolutely stellar. Even got to open for some A listers. The band eventually ended (on good terms) as our souls left our bodies...
  23. Mayfield

Agreed We spent time really defining our approach on 1) what makes us happy and 2) what falls into that so we have a cohesive approach. So there is give and take up front. Example: we agreed no slow songs. That doesn't mean no slow-er songs, but no ballads. Thus our gigs will be at places...
  24. Mayfield

How Hair bands reacted to Grunge...

Agreed. I originally thought Nirvana was a louder punk band as the melodies were reminiscent of the Gilman scene to me anyways. And I was a huge (still am) Alice In Chains fan and you are right, as they all got lumped together based on geo, not on sound per se'