• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. transmission

Basic Audio Super Fuzz or Smallsound/Bigsound Buzzz

Considering picking up one of these two Super Fuzz based fuzzes, anybody had the pleasure of trying both side by side? How do they compare? I'm aware the Buzzz has the Starve control and eq toggle (how does it change the eq?), so will offer more variety tones. However, the main thing I'm...
  2. transmission

Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water - K-Field Modulator

I enquired today about this upcoming release from Fairfield Circuitry, and got the following response, 'We're finishing up the second generation of prototype, the pre-sale and promo videos should be announced in a couple of weeks.' The info below was posted by Fairfield a while back on another...
  3. transmission

Powered Cab or Practice Amp - for studio/light jamming?

Which way to go? I would like some options for home studio jamming, writing and recording. I am primarily a guitar player nowadays, but started out on bass. I don't currently have a bass amp, but I do have a Sansamp BDDI that has served me well for many years. I would be happy enough to use...
  4. transmission

Wide Range Humbucker Repros

Has anybody here compared any of the boutique repro WRHBs side by side? Or compared them to the real 70's originals? What were your impressions? Looking specifically at the following, though the top two are front runners, Novak, Creamery, Lollar Regals, Mojotone. Cheers
  5. transmission

Mobius - replacing with individual effects (Trem, Chorus, Vibrato, LoFi)

I have a Mobius, which I enjoy somewhat, however there are a number of modes that don't interest me much and I wonder if I would get more out of a few individual effects. I think I really only want to replace; Chorus, Vibrato (true pitch vibrato), Tremolo and LoFi (destroyer mode). Anybody...
  6. transmission

Delay: Meet Maude vs El Capistan + An Other

Looking for opinions on how these two compare, how much overlap there is etc? I will have a two delay setup (maybe even 3) on my board, one before dirt, one nearer the end. My plan was to have the El Cap (played but don't own) at the end, with something simpler earlier in the chain. Now got my...