• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. GrungeMan

Van Morrison: Latest Record Project Volume 1 review – depressing rants by tinfoil milliner

In regards to the Doors tune, I stand corrected. (Can't remember things as I once did, damn oldtimers...) Oedipus, well stated... Ya I read the reviews on the 5-songs that received early release, the single with Clapton & the covid nature of the songs didn't do well. I read that Van...
  2. GrungeMan

Van Morrison: Latest Record Project Volume 1 review – depressing rants by tinfoil milliner

Big fan of Van the Man. Mrs Grungy & I have been Pfizered. We live in the bush so covid isolation hasn't changed much of what we do. Every artist puts out a stinker, says things from left field, no big deal. I don't have to agree with them but I don't take issue. I recall a famous bands not...
  3. GrungeMan

Informal Band Members

Nicky was a full fledged member of Quicksilver.
  4. GrungeMan

1978 was a good year for music

Aaargh, ya just had ta ruin it by puttin up all the Top 30 drivel! :bkw
  5. GrungeMan

1978 was a good year for music

As mentioned earlier Rafferty - Baker Street It's the sax, it's that sleazy sax!
  6. GrungeMan

Revisiting the YES catalog. Let's discuss...

Yep the whole catalogue, studio & the majority of the live stuff, plus a few duplicate reissues that have added songs. Don't care what era, who's in the band, I listen to them all.
  7. GrungeMan

My kids don't like the Beatles

Are they in the will? Remove them forth with...
  8. GrungeMan

John Lennon. Brutal.

Yes. And before that. I don't think any one of us knows what it was like to take the world by storm, be a Beatle, how it affected their home & 20yr old personal lives. What ever happened to John or who ever else famous I will not take it personally but remain detached & just try to understand.
  9. GrungeMan

John Lennon. Brutal.

It's been well documented he left the crazy music world to stay @ home, be a father & be a husband. I would call that a more normal life.
  10. GrungeMan

John Lennon. Brutal.

Like most humans Lennon had his flaws but I believe he changed for the better once he left the stardom party behind him & started living a more normal life. I don't see myself as Lennon's or any other stars judge & jury, I like to listen to their music & not worry about their personal problems...
  11. GrungeMan

"Medicine Jar" by Wings

Guitar-wise, I think McCulloch used an SG loaded with mini humbuckers ???
  12. GrungeMan

RIP Bob Lanois

RIP Mr Lanois
  13. GrungeMan

RIP Mike Mitchell, lead guitarist of the Kingsmen

I wasn't aware that anyone knew the words ??? :huh ??? RIP Louie
  14. GrungeMan

Jackson Browne : "Somebody's Baby" from the Fast Times At Ridgemont High Movie (1982)

They're all worth a listen. My favorites are The Pretender, Running on Empty. These were recorded at a time when there was lots of trauma, chaos in Brownes life, his wife had commit suicide, he was left to raise their infant son, obligations to go on big tours... I think his 1rst five albums...
  15. GrungeMan

Who influenced the gear you're using?

Gibson LP's with P90's, Deluxe, Johnny Smith, Silvertone staggered mini's & Firebird pups. Fender 5E3 amp with multiple cabs: 2x10, 3x10, 4x10, 1x12, 2x12, 1x15 & monster 6-speaker cab multiple power sections 2-6V6 4-6V6 2-5881 Stand alone reverb Weber Vintage series smooth cone, O & W...
  16. GrungeMan

Rusty Young 1946 - 2021

Bought Rusty's "Waitin For The Sun" today. Been meanin to buy it for a while now. Guess now's as good a time as ever...
  17. GrungeMan

Rusty Young 1946 - 2021

Poco Rusty Furay Messina Meisner & Grantham Rusty worked on the last Buffalo Springfield album Last Time Around & Neil Young's 1rst solo album. Since Ben Keith is gone I was holding out hope that Neil Young would go back to the beginning of his solo career & utilize Rusty's pedal steel...
  18. GrungeMan

A great super group that many have never heard of!

The Hollywood Vampires & XYZ XYZ remnants of Led Zepellin, Yes, Greenslade... A super group that never pan'd out.
  19. GrungeMan

A great super group that many have never heard of!

Live Peace In Toronto(Varsity Stadium) Lennon & Ono Eric Clapton Klaus Voorman Alan White Rock Trivia from wiki.. The band was put together @ a moments notice to perform @ the festival & rehearsed on the flight over from London.
  20. GrungeMan

Rod Stewart A Natural Raw Talent

Rock History Trivia: Rod was always looking for songs to record, he'd drop in on recording sessions while in San Fran, LA or where-ever... In this case in 1971 he dropped in on Crazy Horse & heard "I Don't Wanna Talk About It" being recorded(with the help of Ry Cooder)for their 1rst album...
  21. GrungeMan

Canadian Bands

A young lady named Joni sang background on this tune.
  22. GrungeMan

Canadian Bands

The Four Lads The Squires(early Neil Young) The Myna Birds(Neil Young Bruce Palmer Rick James...) Chad Allan & the Expressions(pre Guess Who) Bravebelt(pre BTO) Ironhorse(Randy Bachman) Union(Randy Bachman) Burton Cummings The Sparrows(John Kay pre Steppenwolf) Steppenwolf Michel Pagliaro...
  23. GrungeMan

Can you sing better than Bob Dylan?

Singing Dylan's songs with a pertty voice wouldn't do the songs justice.
  24. GrungeMan

Best Band Logo

The Crazy Horse logo Brave on a horse @ full gallop