• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. N

2 Boomerang III units or Ableton Live 6 + rack router?

What do you think? I'm glad they changed the rang 3 design to allow two of them to be used together. That was my original plan. I have 2 electric guitars, 3 vintage analog synths, a midi keyboard that I use mainly for mellotron vst instrument on my powerbook, a yamaha 88-key weighted...
  2. N

Keyboard guys: how to get down with Mellotron sounds?

I have a Yamaha P70 MIDI controller and a PowerBook laptop... I don't really use them together for much right now... I want some Mellotron sounds- is my best bet to get something like this: An M-Audio wireless 37 key MIDI controller and M-Audio "M-Tron" Mellotron program, or would I be...
  3. N

Vintage analog synth demos (2)...

I recorded a little bit of me enjoying my '78-81 (?) Crumar DS-2 synthesizer I have recently acquired. There are a few effects in line, the Deluxe Memory Man, a Discumbobulator and possibly a MojoVibe and/or a Deluxe Moon Phaser, running through my Champ II and Dr. Z 1x12" cab. I actually...
  4. N

Think I found my old synth... vintage but "new" 78 Crumar DS-2...

Thing looks cool... Never used! Built into a hardshell case with a lid that latches on... I can run it through my guitar setup through the Leslie 120... It also has an input jack to run other signals through it, which means it's going in a loop with my Amdek DMK-100 delay and I can run guitar...
  5. N

Thoughts on an unexpected quirk of playing a strat...

So, I've been playing this strat for about almost a month, a G&L SC-3. I like it a lot. I haven't restrung my PRS since I got it to A/B them, but I definitely notice some differences besides the expected ones from them having 2 different scale lengths, bridge systems and resultant string...
  6. N

Hughes & Kettner Edition Tube 20th Anniversary amp

I was at my tech's today for some repair and he had some of these (three) for NAMM... He played through them for a few minutes with a Replex and Rotosphere- they sounded great! He said they were actually a quasi-AC15 type circuit, not *all* that far off from my Carmen Ghia (except I'm keeping...
  7. N

A couple of large boxes arrived at work today (old Klemt Echolette 5 & Maestro PS-1)

Yeah, that's right! I opened up my 1970 Maestro PS-1 Phase Shifter I bought from Skreddy (I think it's used, LOL) and the 1960 Klemt Echolette 5/S tube driven tape echo unit. I popped in the tubes and was overjoyed to find out that it powered on and the tape mechanism does turn when the long...
  8. N

Electric Melodica faux-Hammond Organ/Synth madness!!! w/ clips...

Here's the demo I did tonight messing around wtih my bootleg synth/hammond organ! I've been planning this for a long time and I'm very pleased with the results. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=598716 Warning: Part of it comes in loud when the delay oscillates a fair...
  9. N

Nashville Uni-Vibe shootout?

So, I'm on the tail end of a retarded gear binge... I think the best way to finish it is to buy a univibe (don't ask why, I'm sick). I'll probably try to get one next month. I've been using a Deluxe Moon Phaser for quasi-vibe sounds, but it's not the real thing (and I'd like to leave it set...
  10. N

Retroman RE-1 Echo?

Anybody know when this will be out? Just curious...
  11. N

Hmm... I feel like an idiot! (Klemt Echolette content)...

I don't know what came over me. I had received a G&L SC-3 strat last week, the WOBO ProgLooper at the office today, the AMDek DM-100 Analog Delay unit is coming at some point... something in my head must have broken! As of today, I also am waiting on the arrival of a 1960 Klemt Echolette tape...
  12. N

So, my mom said an old college friend had become a big luthier (Sadowsky content)...

And it turns out it was Roger Sadowsky when we searched for it and she tried to remember. They went to SUNY Geneseo in NY sometime around 1970 together. That's all, but pretty cool (kinda like the old roommate she recognized from the Woodstock movie)...
  13. N

Would you buy this pedal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Delay-Pedal_W0QQitemZ260070304955QQihZ016QQcategoryZ41415QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  14. N

G&L Dual Fulcrum Vibrato Bridge Users...

I just got my SC-3 and it looks and feels pretty good (I think I might have to put a set of 10s on it before I get a good impression)... I have the vibrato bar, but it won't go into the hole in the bridge very far at all (definitely won't stay in when holding the guitar if you let it go)...
  15. N

AmDek DM-100 Analog Delay Machine?

Does anybody have any experience with these? Apparently they were sold as kits, but made by pre-Boss/Roland offshoot AmDek. I've seen pictures and read pretty good things, apparently it was what the Boss DM series pedals were based from. About 300ms. I could use a second delay pedal, and it...
  16. N

Can you recharge 9v battery in a guitar's active electronics without removing guard?

I am considering adding some active electronics to a guitar that require a 9v battery. Is there any way to use a rechargable battery and charge it without removing the pickguard each time? Either way, is there a way that I can TEST the 9v battery without removing the pickguard? Thanks!
  17. N

POLL: White, Creme or Parchment pickguard for an an old black strat?

Or just plain white? I was planning on using the Chandler Guitars pickguard website. I want to buy a new pickguard for a guitar (keeping the old one) and add a (true bypass) effect to the guitar pickguard, as the guitar only has 1 volume and 1 tone and the effect only requires spots for...
  18. N

Just won a 1988 G&L SC-3 guitar... (pics/info)

Gimme bidding mojo... haven't bought a guitar in a long time- and I need this old G&L strat! 5 min to go!
  19. N

Gun oil tint on maple necks...

Can I rub something on a maple neck guitar (maybe gun oil?) to give them this coloration, or is that something that is done before/during the finishing process? The really light maple necks on Fender style guitars look "unnatural" to me (ha, which is silly, since that's the way they "naturally"...
  20. N

G&L "Tribute" series import guitars- better than MIM Fedners?

I didn't like the MIM Jimmy Vaughan strat at all... I LOVED a G&L Legacy even more than the more co$tly Fender strats, but can't afford one right now. I'm a-scopin' out ebay. However, how are these Tribute G&Ls? made in Korea? I never hear about them here, though people often talk about...
  21. N

Mod of E-H POG to have expression pedal out for the LPF?

Not only would it be cool for the old synth sounds this could make, but it radically changes the character of the Hammond organ (or whatever) tones you can get out of it. This is what makes it sound brighter, darker, etc... Having the option to control this with an expression pedal would be...
  22. N

GarageBand plugin to correct USB audio input device latency?

So, er, I'm worried about doing multi-guitar arrangements one part at a time because my USB mic interface has a latency, so if I'm playing a second track over a first track, I'm playing in time with what I hear in the headphones, but my 2nd track will be slightly behind the 1st because of the...
  23. N

Low Pass Filter... exp. pedal?

OK, call me stupid, but I want a Low Pass Filter. I have an Emma Discumbobulator, but it doesn't do the LPF sounds... it does sound great, though. There's an LPF on my POG, but it's just a slider. I really want it on an expression pedal. I know the HOG can do this, which is simply what...
  24. N

New Guyatone FLIP series tube envelope filter and tape delay...

Maybe these aren't brand new, but they were just added to the Guyatone website... Tube Envelope Filter eeeeeeeenteresting... I await the FLIP VT-X tremolo pedal, but probably won't get rid of my discumbobulator any time soon... and RTE-3000 Tape Echo Looks cool!
  25. N

KR Doubler...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=598716 I got a KR Doubler and wanted to make a clip of it because I'm having a lot of fun with it. It makes you forget everything except band of gypsies. It's in front of my Hellbilly and Deluxe Moon Phaser through a Deluxe Memory Man...