• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. Luke V

I dont like orange amps

I Love them!:rockin
  2. Luke V

PA/Powered Speaker Advice

I haven't tried just the top cabs without the sub. The large diaphragm tweeter and low crossover point makes for very intelligible vocals and smooth midrange on instruments. I think in a small space you could get by with just the tops, but adding even just the kick in the sub will really round...
  3. Luke V

GIGGING GUITARISTS- Are you still using an amp?

A mic'd up Orange OR15 with PPC112 for me right now.
  4. Luke V

I think I got my HD 32s for around $700 each and the 705 sub for about the same. The sub only weighs 50lbs. which a one of the deciding factors in buying it. I also did a lot of research and read lots of reviews. There is always the option to add a second sub at a later date. If I was younger...
  5. Luke V

Home studio

You may want to move this to the the Recoding/Live Sound forum, you'd probably get more responses.
  6. Luke V

I have a pair of RCF HD32a Mk4 and a single RCF 705 AS II sub, and since switching to those I get get tons of people saying how good the band sounds. I am very happy with them. They can get real loud and they run cool and are clean.
  7. Luke V

Any guitars you can't play as well as you'd like due to small hands?

Mostly an EJ. Before I got the 339 my no. 1 was an ‘83 ‘62 AVRI, but I don’t play that anymore, the neck is very slim. My ’65 AVRI and Voodoo Strat have decent sized necks, as well as my ‘73 Strat. They are all slimmer than the 339.
  8. Luke V

Garageband iPad interface/software upgrade?

Download the free version of Amplitube, it is very versatile. I am impressed.
  9. Luke V

Dumb Newbie Questions

Not dumb questions at all, they are very good questions, and answers.
  10. Luke V

I don't really like any guitar tones from before the 70s

Tons of great guitar tone at Woodstock, Hendrix, Santana, Pete Townsend, Alvin Lee, and more.
  11. Luke V

How would you go about getting this Beatles/Big Star bass sound?

Definitely flatwound, pick, palm mute and compression.
  12. Luke V

Free de-clipping plugins? Anyone know of any?

You will have to rerecord. A clipped signal cannot be unclipped.
  13. Luke V

Do you put subs/tops on stage or on the ground?

Yes, on the ground, another reason besides the sound is space. I need room to move.
  14. Luke V

Is this Jim Marshalls signature?

No it is not. I have his signature on the COE for my 30th anniversary LE half stack.
  15. Luke V

Any Behringer X18 users here?

If you connect with a computer on a LAN connection, you should be able to import your settings, then just reconnect with your iPad.
  16. Luke V

I like big NECKS and I can not lie - list your CHUNKY neck favorites

My '07 339 has what they called a fat '50s neck. At first I thought it was too fat, but after a couple days, there was no turning back. It is quite a bit bigger than my '19 LP jr. and EJ strat. I have a bunch of nice guitars, with the skinny '60s profile, that I just can't play anymore.
  17. Luke V

My bands promotional video -please rate audio!

Sounds really good to me. Good tones and great singer.
  18. Luke V

Irig Pro Duo I/O Interface, Or?

For a little more you can get the Axe I/O solo bundle. It has a built in 8 track stand alone recording and lots of cool software. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AxeIOSoloAmp5--ik-multimedia-axe-i-o-solo-and-amplitube-5-bundle
  19. Luke V

Muffling cabinet face down when using tube amp with Cab M+

Speaker cable is cheap. Maybe you could get a long speaker cable and put the cab in a closet of a different room, maybe even on a different floor, and baffle it a bit with whatever.
  20. Luke V

For those of you that don't have a treated room or don't go to a studio how do you record vocals?

If needed, sometimes I will set up a boom stand with the same length on each side of the clutch so it's a T shape and through a moving mat over it, sometimes I'll set up two perpendicular to each other. It works well.
  21. Luke V

Any earplugs that actually maintain some high end presence?

I would like to know too. I have tried quite a few "for musicians" and other descriptions that say they are flat, but haven't found any that don't destroy the mids and highs.
  22. Luke V

Nashville P***y

I would say one of the worst band names ever.. Obviously, YMMV.
  23. Luke V

Garageband

Download Amplitube 5 CS for free and use that to get your guitar sound in Garageband. It is amazing what they give you and the versatility. If you've never recorded and even if you have, you will most likely not get a better guitar tone. They give you a bunch of amps, including an SLO 100, cabs...
  24. Luke V

For all the old timers on TGP-Take a ride back in time

Been here since '05, wasn't it called Birds and Moons?