• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Search results

1. VanWhelan

Pedalboard setup for using both Fender & Gibson guitars (output drop).

Hey everyone - I'm running into an issue where I can't seem to get my rig (pedals) set up so that it works well with both my R8 Les Paul & my Fender guitars. My R8 has a lot of firepower, but when I switch over to either my Tele or one of my Strats, there's a noticeable output drop, due to the...
  2. VanWhelan

Egnater Renegade head died yesterday - need amp tech advice

Hey everyone - as the title says, my Egnater Renegade head just died yesterday. It's ironic, because I saw another thread started this last weekend where the OP's Egnater amp died & he was looking to replace it. My amp is 7 or 8 years old & lightly used for most of it's existence. I already had...
  3. VanWhelan

Ordering a Strat from the Fender factory

Hey everyone - I'm heading out to California in a couple of weeks for vacation, and planned to stop by the Fender factory & visitor's center for a tour while I'm out there. I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone who's ever custom ordered a guitar at the factory. I know that they have...
  4. VanWhelan

Install pickup into Martin acoustic, or new guitar?

Hey everyone - I've got a bit of a dilemma & am looking for some advice from anyone who might have been through this before. I've got a Martin 000-16 acoustic guitar - bought it new in 2003. Guitar has been well cared for & is like new. Only issue is that it doesn't have any onboard pickup or...
  5. VanWhelan

Wiring options for H-S-H Strat setup - reccomendations?

Hey kids - I'm looking to change the pickups & electronics in one of my Strats. I'm planning on a H-S-H pickup arrangement. Since the Strat body has a S-S-S rout, the humbuckers will be single-coil size pickups - most likely DiMarzio's (not exactly sure yet as to which specific pickups, but I...
  6. VanWhelan

Problems with using the Boss GT-10

Calling all Boss GT-10 users! I bought one of these incredibly complex units last year and have been struggling with using it ever since. I recently bought an Egnater Renegade head, and have been wanting to use the GT-10 for effects only & hook it up to the Egnater via the 4 cable method. I'm...
  7. VanWhelan

Hot Rod DeVille vs. Hot Rod Deluxe - which would you sell?

Hey everyone - As the title says, I've got two amps: a HR DeVille & a HR Deluxe. I'm looking to sell one of these amps in order to fund a future amp purchase. However, each one has its pros & cons and I'm not sure which way to go. Hot Rod DeVille 2x12 - bought it new in March of '01 - date...