Search results

1. PlexiFuzz

Most authentic Echoplex style preamp

Definitely ClinchFX for me. I have this combo set up on my main board, and the EP-Pre + Dunlop delay is the closest thing I've found to an EP-3 tone outside of the actual tape delay: And on my small board, I'm using the Pico-Pre. Again, this gets the preamp tone of my early 70s EP-3 exactly...
  2. PlexiFuzz

Chase Tone Secret vs Barbershop vs Clinchfx

I don't know, Peter has long been more than open about his electronics background (as you know since you said you've been a part of all of these discussions). If I were him, with that background, I'd probably take it a bit personally if some guy on the internet said this about me: Especially...
  3. PlexiFuzz

I just went and had a look at the Chase Tone product page. Seems like a cool product. I don't know if what's going on here is one of those Internet things where people debate the merits of NOS this and "exact" circuit that or what. If so, it's kinda like the fuzz pedal world. I've spent years...
  4. PlexiFuzz

I own an early 70s EP-3, which I love dearly. And I currently have two ClinchFX EP-Pre pedals (one on each board). When I'm not using the echoplex for whatever reason, the Clinch gives me a dead-on version of that preamp tone and feel. I've never played the Chase Tone, so I can't comment on...
  5. PlexiFuzz

Help me finish my pedalboard! What would you add/change in it?

Agreed on the EP-3 preamp. The ClinchFX EP-Pre is a dead-on match to my early 70s EP-3. It makes everything sound bigger and better.
  6. PlexiFuzz

The Alt.Country Club 33: Thirty Three and a Third

Pretty sure the root cause of thievery has been well established by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman ...
  7. PlexiFuzz

@Grant Ferstat, have you seen this one? https://www.mpamp.com/non_eu/factory-pedals/supreme
  8. PlexiFuzz

Strymon Volante!

I've had my Volante since January and overall have been exceedingly happy with it. However, I recently picked up an early-70s EP-3, and after doing a bunch of A/B between EP-3 and the Volante, I ended up kinda souring a bit on the Volante. I know they weren't going for an EP-3 emulation...
  9. PlexiFuzz

Started donating to PBS again just to be able to watch it.
  10. PlexiFuzz

On the truck for delivery. I'm having it delivered to a local UPS Store, so I might not be able to pick it up until tomorrow. But soon!
  11. PlexiFuzz

I'm awake and here. Currently cursing you for making me follow Novo Guitars on Instagram.
  12. PlexiFuzz

Hope y'all STL folks are hitting up Chuck Prophet on the 12th. Dude puts on a hell of a show.
  13. PlexiFuzz

Ha. Sh!t goes over my head all the time.
  14. PlexiFuzz

Just wired up this fun little board. It'll go in front of either my tweed or Fargen when I don't feel like firing up the EP-3. I've got a Truetone CS-6 underneath running the EP-Pre at 12v (~22v actual with charge pump). I'll run a fuzz or treble booster off to the side on batteries...
  15. PlexiFuzz

I usually handle my own lawn care (for some dumbass reason). But I gotta say, on a hot Austin summer day, there is something damn satisfying about watching a team of 4 people --- that doesn't include you --- taking care of all the work.
  16. PlexiFuzz

That sounds about right. Up to about #9450 or so, from what I've read on the always-correct internet. I've never played an early-spec echoplex, but I don't hear anything thin with the EP-3 pedal in early mode. A little more brightness, but still full.
  17. PlexiFuzz

That's what he basically has. It's a 2-position tone control.
  18. PlexiFuzz

One other "magic" element to the pedal (and I don't get it on my later preamp EP-3) is that the early preamp voicing really wakes up the amp at lower volumes. It brings some of that treble/edge into the mix that you miss when you have the watts ratcheted down and the EP-3 makes the amp sound...
  19. PlexiFuzz

Sometimes it's a blessing when things don't sell immediately.