Search results

1. LPMojoGL

Suhr Hombre and Cutthroat Audio Down Brownie - Modern Day Brownface Fender Deluxes

I played a Brownface Princeton. It was on the verge of greatness for me. Just loud enough to be too loud, sounded just a bit small. The DB remedies both issues and does a whole lot more. If you have the space to crank it, so does the Hombre.
  2. LPMojoGL

Suhr Hombre and Cutthroat Audio Down Brownie - Modern Day Brownface Fender Deluxes

You can play this at whisper volumes. And it sounds good.
  3. LPMojoGL

PSA: Fryette PS-100

I tried the PS and PS2. Was hoping maybe this was different. I tried them with different kinds of amps, like 2204, Fargen Townhouse 5 (brown champ), Mesa Rectoverb 25, Germino LV55... What I consistently found, and I made clips with a mic on the cab to confirm it, was that the attack was not...
  4. LPMojoGL

Thanks everyone for chiming in! I'll address two issues that seem to be a common concern so far in the thread. First - Volume Loudness My music room is small. Tiny. 10'x10'. My 3 bedroom house that was built in the 60s is less than 1100 sq ft. I can get away with louder than apartment...
  5. LPMojoGL

Creamback H75 speaker opinions..

I can't believe I posted that speaker mix in this thread 6 years ago. Time flies. The Bogner OS2x12 with the V30/h75 mix has been my main cab, and the cab I've had longer than any other, except my grandfather's old Fender 2x15 with D130fs. Supposedly, those speakers are decent. The h75 has a...
  6. LPMojoGL

I recently picked up a new Suhr Hombre after being hot for one since they were announced. Killer amp in every way, beautiful package, light weight, nice cover and footswitch, 2 very awesome channels with THAT sound. I played it loud n proud, and quickly discovered it was too much volume for...
  7. LPMojoGL

Firefly 338.. ES-335 Clone for $159

Bump
  8. LPMojoGL

Suhr Hombre Review

:) Say, don't your 50-100 watt non-master type amps actually come with a master volume? The Hombre doesn't punish near as much as those beasts. I'm golden with the Hombre if I can stretch out my 15 ft guitar cord in a decent sized room. It got my ears ringing sitting right next to it with the...
  9. LPMojoGL

Suhr Hombre Review

Pete's demos are usually the best demo of whatever gear. The Hombre sounds pretty freaking awesome in person. It's a blast to play. It is loud. Sitting right in front of it cranked had to be killing his ears, unless he was using that Power Station and/or headphones for protection. I'm...
  10. LPMojoGL

PSA: Fryette PS-100

I'm glad Fryette and @support are taking care of you. They took great care of me when I needed some help with a Sig:X. Looking forward to your thoughts once you put some hours on the PS100. I know you had a PS before that you used with the SLO. Curious about any differences you notice...
  11. LPMojoGL

I despise the Vintage 30

The master volume on the Smallbox, and all Friedman amps, is pretty great. The real gem in the Smallbox is the plexi channel, master volume at noon or more, with the gain cranked. Sublime. BE channel is just icing on the cake at those volumes. The Power Station may serve you well if you...
  12. LPMojoGL

I despise the Vintage 30

The V30 goes great with the Smallbox. I'm not a huge fan of the Creamback 65 used in the Friedman 1x12 cabs. I prefer the H75. I'm having a difficult time thinking of an amp builder that hasn't released an amp or cab with the V30.
  13. LPMojoGL

Fender Blackface Bassman - Looking for Tips and Favorite Settings

Normal channel 4-5 on the dial. Tube Screamer to push it. Use guitar volume and pedal to go from clean to crunchy. I used mine into 8ohm cab of greenbacks, of 8 ohm can if V30/h75 combo for brighter sounds, though it called for 4 ohms. Great great great amp when cooking.
  14. LPMojoGL

I despise the Vintage 30

I currently have 16 ohm: V30 H75 8 ohm: G12h30 England made Greenback 6402 cone WGS Reaper 30 Celestion Gold JBL P12Q V30 gets the most mic time, because I like the way it sounds, clean or dirty. There's a reason it's in so many pro cabs.
  15. LPMojoGL

Treble Boosters: All Highz On Me

Here's another clip I made with the SUF Cherry Bomb into a Down Brownie. Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread. I've had the Diamond Marquis and Fulltone Ranger. The amount of nuance the Cherry Bomb adds to pick attack and guitar volume is killing me.
  16. LPMojoGL

For reference, here is a quick clip I just made of the SUF Cherry Bomb into the Down Brownie British channel at bedroom volumes, Explorer, sm57. Was aiming for old metal thrash stuff. Had the Cherry Bomb in full treble mode, boost 3/4 up. I made an earlier recording using the CB on the Deluxe...
  17. LPMojoGL

Sold Mesa Boogie Mark III 100-Watt 1x12" Guitar Combo 1985 - 1988

Looks blue + to me. Good one for sure. Tempting!
  18. LPMojoGL

I just spent my first hour with the Stomp Under Foot Cherry Bomb. In a word: FANTASTIC Using a HSS Strat into the Naylor, I'm able to find so many great sounds. Plenty of boost on tap. I can run the amp almost clean, hit it hard enough to have more gain than with the amp's gain maxed. Noise...
  19. LPMojoGL

One week with a Naylor SuperDrive

IIC+ has that crunchy sizzle. I have owned a few Mark versions, couldn't bond. I once played a IIC++, that I'd buy on the spot if the owner would ever sell. It was fan freaking tastic. I've often thought a Naylor would be the thing for your dark, smooth tendencies. :rotflmao:beer
  20. LPMojoGL

One week with a Naylor SuperDrive

Nice review. Spot on description. It feels like a pair of old leather gloves after some time with one. You'll regret it at some point if you end up selling. Even if it's not your main amp, few amps are better for singing leads and rhythms that split the line between vintage and modern...
  21. LPMojoGL

"Blackface" and "Hot Rod Marshall" in one amp head?

Friedman SS100, good luck finding a used one under $2000. The Runt 50 is good option. I've seen those used for $1100
  22. LPMojoGL

I'll post my thoughts once I get some time with it. I expect it will be great.
  23. LPMojoGL

Thanks! Looking forward to it. I have a Green Russian Deluxe and had an Astoria. Both fantastic pedals. I like SUF pedals. I'd like to get my hands on one of the triangle steel box pedals, and the Shag MkII looks great too.
  24. LPMojoGL

Sold Throbak Strange Master Booster

Confused. I see two switches and a bias knob when I look at the Throbak website for this pedal. Yet, your pic has one unlabeled switch. Link: https://www.throbak.com/strange-master-rangemaster.html
  25. LPMojoGL

Thanks so much for the reply. @mattpas can thank you too for another sell. Placing my order now.