Search results

1. Killed_by_Death

Hello from the gutter! (not yet Killed by Death)

bass drivers & guitar drivers don't vary that much when it comes to top-end Man-O-War Guitar driver: https://www.eminence.com/pdf/Man_O_War.pdf Eminence Basslite: I compared the Rumble 40 & 100 side-by-side at the local Fender dealer. I wanted the Effects Loop of the 100, but the 12"...
  2. Killed_by_Death

Hello from the gutter! (not yet Killed by Death)

I thought I'd update this with a G.A.S.-defeat success story. This is my current rig & has been for two years: I have zero desire to buy anymore Music gear, & never have been a pedals user, unless you count the Digitech Drop I previously used, but haven't for a year. The flipside is that...
  3. Killed_by_Death

What Makes a Player a Hack?

If they can't spell rhythm, that's a dead giveaway!
  4. Killed_by_Death

Wow

correct: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/more-than-a-feeling-wow-check-this-out.2163819
  5. Killed_by_Death

My Vintage Edgar Winter Group Photos 1972

11-Aug-73 EWG releases Free Ride:
  6. Killed_by_Death

KISS makes it to the R-n-R Hall of Fame

11-Aug-99 KISS get their star on the Walk of Fame:
  7. Killed_by_Death

Go-go's appreciation

11-Aug-11 The Go-Go's get their star on the Walk of Fame: Its location is directly in front of the address of the old Masque club, where the band performed in their early days. The Masque was the first venue in L.A. to have Punk acts! Interesting that they'd try to use Louisiana as a...
  8. Killed_by_Death

Steve Vai. He writes some pretty weird s**t.

Steve inspired a LOT of people to practice guitar, a LOT! Even in my local circles I can think of a few guys who love Vai, & the local luthier plays a Vai Prestige (MIJ) model at gigs. One guy buys various Ibanez RGs & turns them into Vai models, making the hand-hold cut-out & vines on the...
  9. Killed_by_Death

Steve Vai. He writes some pretty weird s**t.

Well, he learned from the Master of Weird:
  10. Killed_by_Death

Heavy Metal (film & soundtrack)

The first times Heavy Metal was uttered in song was about Motors: Steppenwolf: Heavy Metal Thunder Led Zeppelin: Heavy Metal underneath the hood
  11. Killed_by_Death

EVH hacking it up out of key "Sound of Silence"

the Sound of Cylons would be more welcome:
  12. Killed_by_Death

locking tuners and flatwounds

I always wrap at least once around the machine-head capstan, that will solve your problem. It allows the capstan to distribute the tension.
  13. Killed_by_Death

R.I.P. Martin Birch

14. Killed_by_Death

MTV Unplugged

09-Aug-95 KISS perform w/o makeup with the original members for the first time since their Unmasked era (1980), to record Unplugged:
  15. Killed_by_Death

Gene Simmons on KISS and capitalism

It always is however, the envy is just too great for so so many. If you still want to watch there are a few episodes available on A&E-TV: https://play.aetv.com/shows/gene-simmons-family-jewels There are also many clips available on A&E's YT channel.
  16. Killed_by_Death

Metallica: Whiplash (Live at The Metro - 1983)

08-Aug-83 Whiplash is released as a single:
  17. Killed_by_Death

Xanadu

08-Aug-80 Xanadu is released:
  18. Killed_by_Death

Heavy Metal (film & soundtrack)

07-Aug-81:
  19. Killed_by_Death

Boogie Nights soundtrack

Zero-Dark-Thirty, can't sleep, guess what's on Showtime? The last hour of this film is Brutal, only bad things happen, LMAO! Did anyone else notice that John Doe (from the band X) is Julianne Moore's ex-husband? The Sister Christian scene is coming on right now! BTW, the real Nina Hartley...
  20. Killed_by_Death

Gene Simmons on KISS and capitalism

07-Aug-06 premier of Family Jewels:
  21. Killed_by_Death

Guitar Center: how much discount?!!

IME with NEW stuff, 10% is the best they'll do, but TBH I've only bought NEW (big-ticket) from them once
  22. Killed_by_Death

Black Sabbath - Born Again

When cashiers tell me the total is blah-blah, OH, blah-blah: I repeat the number but with a ZERO & then start singing that song. It's a huge hit, because the looks on their faces is priceless!
  23. Killed_by_Death

DEF Leppard.. any fans?

05-Aug-79 Def Leppard are signed to Phonogram records: previous DL thread: >>Def Leppard Rocks<<
  24. Killed_by_Death

The Runaways - released 40 years ago today!

05-Aug-75 Kim Fowley puts together The Runaways: Joan (Jett) Larkin Micki Steele (born Susan Thomas) Sandy (West) Pesavento Soon they'd add lead guitarist Lita Ford & vocalist Cherie Currie (both their actual names). Lita & Cherie have both written autobiographies, but AFAIK none of the others...
  25. Killed_by_Death

Your favorite album by The Stooges?

05-Aug-69 The Stooges self-titled debut is released: