Search results

1. B

How does Paulownia sound compared to Alder and Ash?

I have owned one 59 Tele Custom with rosewood neck, two pre CBS Teles one with maple and one with rosewood neck (sorry but don't know what woods were used with those. I have also had a Japanese Tele custom with rosewood neck, a beautiful Hammer T52 with rosewood neck that was about 9 lbs. and...
  2. B

Speaker fluctuating slightly when tested with a multimeter?

Well, that was an education. With some intense light and a magnifying glass, I saw that at the back side of the speaker to amp lug, the small wire that comes out of the back of the cone was hanging by a thread. It was a difficult and awkward soldering job seeing that the wire only had about an...
  3. B

Info Needed: Rola Celestion G10-50

I have 4 of them now. They are commonly referred to as the 10" version for Celestion G112-65 12" speaker. They have a warmer sound than the G12L-35's, (I have three of them) more bass and very smooth highs. They also have a much bigger sound. I have been trying out other 10" speakers to find...
  4. B

Speaker fluctuating slightly when tested with a multimeter?

I have two identical 8 ohm speakers. I am measuring with a Fluke ohm meter using alligator clips to connect with speaker. I get a steady 6.6 ohm reading on one. On the other, for the first 100 seconds, it read 10 ohms and now it is wandering all over the place. Please explain. I have repeated...
  5. B

1956 (Fender) White Amp

I owned one about 10 years ago. The amp also had a tone control which made it a Champ with an added bonus. My old amp guy, (Uncle Spot) worked on many Tweed Champs and said it sounded better than any Champ he had ever worked on. I miss it.
  6. B

Compare Early EVM-L, to EV FORCE & Altec 417-8H

I assumed you were using the common definition of "weak". At any rate, there are a lot of factors in choosing a speaker and I have been very surprised when putting favorite speakers in different amps and cabinets. Sometimes they were an improvement and sometimes a very big disappointment. Once...
  7. B

Weaker doesn’mean worse. If that were the case almost all speakers would be worse than EVMs. I bought a Boogie Mk II C+ 60/100 the year they came out and have had at least 6 of them in other Boogie Matks and a Old Frnder Twin over the years. Though they are fine speakers I feel they are a bit...
  8. B

For those who might still be interested: The FORCE speakers were rated for 150 watts and designed for musical instruments. The original (I can't comment on more recent versions.) were rated for 200 watts and as a musical reinforcement speaker.
  9. B

Best speaker for Fender Super Champ XD

I think the Rahin Cages is louder than stock.
  10. B

Best speaker for Fender Super Champ XD

I have two SCXDs and have tried about 6 speakers so far. I am keeping the stock speaker in one and decided to go with the Celestion Gold 10 for the other. I have set the right bias on both. The bias is way to low from the factory and both have Heyboer transformers. I don't think you will get the...
  11. B

Celestion G10L-35 specs....

I am using 2 Celestion G10L-35s pared with a pair of Celestion G10S-50s in a custom Mather cab made from 1/2" pine. I have never run the G10L-35s alone but the I have the G10S-50s and they seem to have stronger bass and smother highs. The speakers are in a X pattern so it is hard to tell the...
  12. B

Celestion G12-65 VS Celestion Heritage G12-65?

I am considering a pair of old G12-65s for a custom Mather cab I recently purchased. I have had at least 8 of these original G12-65s and I strongly disagree that any of them ever had "kinda harsh highs". I have used them with a wide range of amps from 15 to 100 watts and in single 12", 2 X 12"...
  13. B

What speaker to pair with Celestion G10S-50?

G10-35 or Weber Blue pup Alnico.
  14. B

Celestion Speaker Codes???

Does anyone know what the "S" is for in a Celestion G10S-50? I have had G10-50s before but now see G10S-50 speakers for sale and would like to know the difference. Thanks!
  15. B

Info Needed: Rola Celestion G10-50

Is there a difference between a G10-50 and a G10S-50?
  16. B

Super Champ XD: I finally found the right speaker! (10" speakers review)

No soldering. It has all push on spade connectors just like the stock one.
  17. B

Looks like you have a lot of bases covered. I think the Allen Amplification transformer swap added a lot to the amp and I'm sure it would make your external cabs sound better too. It was a great improvement for a low price that I made and you don't need any specialized knowledge or tools to do...
  18. B

I also have a Mesa Boogie Wide Body single 12 cabinet with the Celestion Black Shadow speaker that I have plugged the SCSD into. It is louder fuller and adds a whole other dimension to the amp but this defeats the portability of this small and very portable amp.
  19. B

I'm sure it would sound good and it would be louder not just because it is bigger but it is a lot more efficient design. You would have to use a different cabinet though.
  20. B

The Celestion G10 Gold is the one for me. I tried other Celestions, an Eminence and even tried to put in an EV FORCE that sadly would not fit (great speaker). I had already rebiased the amp beforehand. Soon after changing to the G10 Gold, I also installed an Allen Amplification power...
  21. B

I tried several Celestion 10s, an Eminence and tried to install an EV FORCE that sadly would not fit. I tried a Celestion G10 Gold and had to look no further. I really wasn't that dissatisfied with the stock speaker which I still feel is well matched to the amp but just wanted more. The G10 Gold...
  22. B

Does Robert Keeley still mod pedals?

I have a Boss/Keeley BD-2 Freak Fuzz I am finally willing to part with. I have decided to sell most my pedals a just keep a few that sound best with my equipment. I don't see any out there for sale so don't know the going rate.
  23. B

Vertex Dynamic Distortion

Yes, that's right, I don't see the Dynamic Distortion pedal on that page. This isn't evidence.
  24. B

Show specific examples of comprehension or laziness or are you lazy? Where do you get your juvenile comments? Do your children help you or did you have to research them?
  25. B

And that is perfectly okay. I do a lot of research for the equipment I buy. When doing so, I have never thought to look up controversy (note corrected spelling) or fraud. My bad.

Trending Topics