Search results

1. FrankieSixxxgun

Need a power button cap for a Marhsall Valvestate

Thanks man! Lemme give 'em a shot. Right now I just fashioned one out of some hard foam from an old road case.
  2. FrankieSixxxgun

Need a power button cap for a Marhsall Valvestate

I've got this old 8040 I'm fixing up to give to my son. I got everything working, but the power button cap is gone so you gotta kinda push in there with a guitar pick or something to fire the amp up. It's pretty inconvenient. Anybody know the part # on Mouser or some place to pick one up in the...
  3. FrankieSixxxgun

Push/Pull Pot Upgrade for Les Paul

I guess I could've done tones instead of volumes for the push/pull, but that's how the guitar is stock. The only reason I'm rewiring it is because the volume pots are starting to give out. The bridge volume sometimes dies when dimed and I gotta jiggle it; otherwise, the guitar sounds great...
  4. FrankieSixxxgun

You know I didn't even consider that. That's good food for thought.
  5. FrankieSixxxgun

CTS would be my usual go-to as well, but I see companies like DiMarzio and Ernie Ball selling them these days. They just rebranded CTS or something? And yeah man, I love the push/pull tones. That bridge pickup on one coil is cowboy twanging all day!
  6. FrankieSixxxgun

Hey fellas and ladies, it's been a minute since I been on here because all of my stuff works good and (most of) my GAS has been sated, but I'm back! I got a 2011 Les Paul Studio Deluxe with stock everything. I like the pickups (490R and some kinda Burst Bucker), but both of my volume pots are...
  7. FrankieSixxxgun

In-ear Monitor Recommendations?

Great info guys! That's why my drummer does, runs a smaller mixer out to his IEM. I run my mic and guitar wireless, so I was hoping to get into a wireless system, but there's not really an all-in-one system out there? Is that what I'm reading?
  8. FrankieSixxxgun

So, what about Bridge Pins?

I had to replace the pins on my Martin D-16GT because a couple of the original ones got messed up. I ended up buying some tusq ones because that's what they had at Sam Ash, and I was actually surprised that they changed the tone of the guitar. Seems a bit brighter and more balanced across the...
  9. FrankieSixxxgun

Bending, Lead, and G-Strings. Don't get too excited.

Did the gig with the 10's and it was good enough for government work!
  10. FrankieSixxxgun

I threw these 10's on and it gets me where I need to be. I wasn't looking for pure rock & roll fury, just some cool cowboy bends. Should suffice for the 2 acoustic tunes I have to do tomorrow night.
  11. FrankieSixxxgun

Best Strings for a Martin?

I play Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze strings on my two Martin dreadnoughts. Really any phosphor bronze strings sound good on a mahogany body guitar. Grab whatever gauge feels right to you. I have 10's on my D-12 and currently 11's on my D-16, but I'm thinking about going to 10's on the D-16 for...
  12. FrankieSixxxgun

Yeah, I mean I can handle slurring the notes on certain tunes, but I'm supposed to do a couple of rock tunes with my buddy on Saturday and I need some good old bends. I think the Earthwoods were the ones I tried with the plain G, but that plain G always sounded out of tune no matter what I did...
  13. FrankieSixxxgun

Hey everybody! So I've got a Martin D-16GT that I want to play some lead on, but acoustic strings are just beastly when trying to get bends on that G. Right now it's strung up with Elixir 80/20 Nanoweb 11-52's, but I was thinking about picking up some PB 10-47's. Will that 30 be that much easier...
  14. FrankieSixxxgun

In-ear Monitor Recommendations?

I tried searching but couldn't find a solid IEM thread. What's the current hotness for IEM's? I was thinking about picking one up since I can never hear the floor wedges when playing live.
  15. FrankieSixxxgun

Android app like Garageband, Bias, etc?

There are no programs like iRig for Android, and I understand it's due to the way the audio processing engine in Android works. It's just not capable of doing real time guitar processing.
  16. FrankieSixxxgun

USB mic suggestion

Definitely not a bad sounding mic!
  17. FrankieSixxxgun

Just Played Authentic JCM800. Oh My Lord.

That amp already exists and it's called the DSL. You get a foot switchable 5 gain stage channel with separate MV, not 4 stages, an effects loop, and even spring reverb. Bang for the buck, I'll absolutely say the DSL is the best live gigging amp Marshall ever made. I love mine.
  18. FrankieSixxxgun

USB mic suggestion

Awesome! I just ordered a Yeti since nobody replied, so I'm glad to hear that it's good. I plan on using it with my MacBook, but it will interface with an iOS device too? I might pick up an adapter and see if I can get it to work with my iPhone then. That'd be super convenient for recording...
  19. FrankieSixxxgun

USB mic suggestion

I've been laid up for a month due to a knee injury with another month or two to go, so I've been using my MacBook to record stuff with GarageBand to occupy my time. I'm looking to pick up a decent USB mic to record some vocals and acoustic guitars. Maybe to record some mic'd amps and possibly...
  20. FrankieSixxxgun

What soldering kit to get ?

I have zero complaints about it. Different sized tips are readily available on Amazon too, but I've used the stock sized one for just about everything. Built a Metro Amp, did a bunch of pedal mods, modded a few of my amps, rewired a million guitars, numerous repairs, and even did some other non...
  21. FrankieSixxxgun

Help ID a Marshall 4x12 Cab?

That's a new(er) Marshall 1960A. Those are the good ones. Since it's white you could probably get like $500 for it. What speakers are in it?
  22. FrankieSixxxgun

Just Played Authentic JCM800. Oh My Lord.

There's a reason Marshall has been around since the 60's. There's really nothing like playing a 2204, except for maybe playing a 2203! The Haze 40 gets damn close in a "40 watt" package, but unlike the 800, the master volume actually works on the Haze. I have an AC30 and a Haze 40 (and an '87...
  23. FrankieSixxxgun

What soldering kit to get ?

I picked up one of these like 5 years ago and it's still going strong. I've built entire amps with this thing. http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000AS28UC
  24. FrankieSixxxgun

Whacked on pain killers and surrounded by Martins

Not much else to do with a broken leg, so I decided to record some Rolling Stones using nothing but the internal mic of my MacBook and GarageBand. Check it out.
  25. FrankieSixxxgun

Sound hole suppressors. Oh and NGD. Martin content.

I was able to manage last night without the suppressor. Here's a short clip of the Martin's first gig. Sorry about the quality. https://instagram.com/p/16D4EjKzuG/?taken-by=rockandrollfrankie