Search results

1. pete692

For my Wife- North Star

Thanks man. Yeah it’s kind of tough carrying this tragic story around and deciding how and when to share it. I have to work with the public and believe it or not I have kind of close acquaintances there and customers that just have no idea what’s been going on with me. Somehow I just can’t bear...
  2. pete692

For my Wife- North Star

I wrote, recorded and made a video of this song as a birthday gift for my wife. This spring, we lost our lovely 14 year old son Eric, after a six year battle with brain cancer. His treatments and hospitalizations over the years often left Wendy and I far, far from home- far from friends, far...
  3. pete692

NGD, (New Gold top Day) choose a strap

It was a Levy’s, got it on Amazon
  4. pete692

Kurt Cobain - pretentious?

That is so sad, and yet so entirely logical. People just are who they are. I hope his successful turn to soundtracks and scoring has given him back some of that drive that many people need.
  5. pete692

Thank God for In Utero, and for the fact that it was a more difficult listen which means that I didn’t wear it completely out within the first 6 months of its release like I did Nevermind. In Utero still has twists and surprises in it for me to this day whenever I listen to it. Brilliant move...
  6. pete692

So true. I was insufferable until I hit 40! And I also possessed little to no discernible talent. If I had a time machine I would go back and kick my own ass.
  7. pete692

Heads up, Goats Head Soup reissue with Brussels Affair available

I think maybe because two of the singles released off it , Dancing with Mr. D, and Heartbreaker were kind of repetitive slogs. Not terrible, mind you, but not my first picks to present the album to the public. Especially when following up Exile. Just my theory. And it is kind of a dark moody...
  8. pete692

Heads up, Goats Head Soup reissue with Brussels Affair available

Just got the 3 disc, 1 Blu-ray on Amazon.
  9. pete692

To Jam or Not to Jam?

so many YUPS!
  10. pete692

To Jam or Not to Jam?

The issue with "co-morbidities" is that many Americans have them and have no idea that they do. Have you had a complete blood panel and EKG/stress test in the last 3 years? Doesn't matter your age, you could be walking around with weakened arterial walls or scar tissue in your lungs and look and...
  11. pete692

Ann isn't the only Wilson Sister Who Can Sing

Family harmony. It’s special
  12. pete692

Eric Clapton: John Mayer is a Master guitarist....

It’s hilarious. All you guys thinking that “pop breakout stuff” is so easy pull off.
  13. pete692

ANY RAMONES LOVE OUT THERE?

I get cramps in my right hand. Downstrokes feel so unnatural to me.
  14. pete692

Make no mistake, what I am about to say is indeed full of hyperbole, but there is also some truth in it. I take my rock idols seriously, because that is where I took my nourishment from as a small child all the way up until it all disintegrated and blew away in the early 2000s. It is now a...
  15. pete692

End of the Century is a good album, but it can get a little fatiguing due to the longer songs and Phil Spector’s bludgeoning production choices. Chinese Rock is a career highlight. From 50’s pop to punk, they owned everything they played IMO. Even Needles and Pins which is far from my favorite...
  16. pete692

“Chewing out a rhythm on my bubblegum”..............Pure poetry
  17. pete692

IMO, probably the greatest rock and roll band of them all. Rocket to Russia in particular will never, ever get old. Every time I watch Rock and Roll High School and they get out of that car and start strutting down the sidewalk to the theater I get chills. I love all sorts of bands and...
  18. pete692

Blood Red Skies

Yeah, I suck at wrapping up intros and outros, and there is definitely a chorus I could axe. Thanks for the compliments though.
  19. pete692

The thing is, Clapton and Mayer both write, play, record and perform pretty damned perfectly constructed pop songs, which is a talent that is infinitely more rare and desirable than being a “really great” guitar player. They have practically been gifted with a license to print money. And for...
  20. pete692

Blood Red Skies

Thanks, by the time I realized the overlapping titles, the song was written and named.
  21. pete692

Blood Red Skies

All through UAD Apollo Twin Acoustic is HD28 direct with LR Baggs Anthem. Electrics are through Strymom Iridium. Lead is chime setting with Waves Abbey Road reverb. Please excuse my rudimentary mixing and mastering experience.
  22. pete692

mastering software recomendations

Thanks, love the avatar. I must’ve bought something from IK Multimedia in the past, because when I entered a username at checkout, the Max version went from 500 down to 179.
  23. pete692

Can you also use the modules as individual track plug ins as well?
  24. pete692

Looking for a nice suite of mastering and effects plug ins in the 3-500 range. So far, the IK Multimedia TrackS suite is catching my eye.
  25. pete692

Mixing acoustic

I’ve got a great acoustic sound right now using an LR Baggs Anthem going direct into my Apollo twin, however throughout the acoustic track occasionally a big boom gets through. Does anybody have any quick advice on how to notch that particular sound out without taking the body out of the rest of...